Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-30-09, 21:31

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%
Default TDC May Challenge

This challenge is for anyone out there. Feel free to join us or just to chime in from time to time. All are welcome.

We all have a lifelong issue to contend with. For the sake of our sanity, let's break it into smaller pieces. This piece is May 2009.

What are your goals for the month? How do you plan to accomplish them?

Let's offer each other support and ideas, vent our frustrations, and share our accomplishments.

I wish you all a great May 2009.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-01-09, 08:10

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

ok, I'm gonna try for 10 lbs this month.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-01-09, 08:22
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Yay, a new thread for May.

My progress so far this month:
5/01/09 - 193.8

I'm doing a trial of Dr Kwasniewski's Optimal Nutrition plan, which has very specific nutrient ratios, and my goal for May is to hit those targets as consistently as possible.

Good luck to everyone!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-01-09, 08:28

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 297/251.8/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%

My immediate goal is to get through the next week and a 1/2 w/ my sanity in tact! Its finals week at school.

Other than that, I'm setting the goal of riding at least 40 miles a week on my bike, up from my avg of 35.

I realize today how important exercise is to my weight loss. Yesterday, I let myself just have a day of rest after a few very stressful days (research project was due), so i slept probably 16 out of the past 24 hours. I did my normal am ketostix, and for the first time in 4 months I tested negative!!!!!

Darnit! back to induction, which sucks cause I really love my nuts and berries. I think it must be my lack of exercise yesterday that did it, I didnt eat anything out of the ordinary and didn't pig out.

Hopefully riding 13 miles commuting to school and work today/tonight will kick me back in.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-01-09, 11:30

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan
Stats: 239/226/139 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I didn't weight myself this AM, so I am going to use yesterdays weight as my May starting weight. The continuation of my goal last month is to lose a total of 21lbs by May 17th. I need to lose 3 more pounds to meet that goal.

My May goal is to lose 2lbs a week, a total of 8lbs. I also want to convince my DH to read PPLP.

Good luck everyone!!!

5/01/09
Weight: 247
Chest: 52"
Left Bicep: 13.75"
Waist: 48"
Hips: 52.5"
Left Thigh: 27.5"
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-01-09, 12:53

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley0507
IThe continuation of my goal last month is to lose a total of 21lbs by May 17th. I need to lose 3 more pounds to meet that goal.

Wow, I can't get over how fast you are losing! Absolutely amazing. My initial goal was to get under 290 in April, which I did. I didn't quite reach my second goal of getting under 285. I finished up at 286. So right now my May challenge will be to get under 280! That would feel like a real milestone.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-01-09, 13:15

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
So right now my May challenge will be to get under 280! That would feel like a real milestone.

Okay, you just helped me decide my goal for May. I, too, will try to get under 280. I'm at 291 now, and I only lost 7 pounds in April, so that's a stretch. Goal: 279.

I will also set a goal of 5 serious dog walks per week. I take her out regularly, around the block, but with reluctance I'll commit to 5 long walks per week. I live in a very hilly area on the outskirts of Boulder, so those aren't easy walks.

Foodwise, I need to try an elimination diet to see if I have any food intolerances that are holding things up. I'm going to use up some food in the fridge and freezer first. Then I'll follow the protocol in this book (with low carb modifications, of course):

http://www.amazon.com/False-Fat-Die...11X/ref=ed_oe_h

This is an interesting article about food sensitivites/intolerances making you fat:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/145269.php

I keep reading things like this. Time to finally test the theory.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-01-09, 13:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthian
My immediate goal is to get through the next week and a 1/2 w/ my sanity in tact! Its finals week at school.

Other than that, I'm setting the goal of riding at least 40 miles a week on my bike, up from my avg of 35.

I realize today how important exercise is to my weight loss. Yesterday, I let myself just have a day of rest after a few very stressful days (research project was due), so i slept probably 16 out of the past 24 hours. I did my normal am ketostix, and for the first time in 4 months I tested negative!!!!!

Darnit! back to induction, which sucks cause I really love my nuts and berries. I think it must be my lack of exercise yesterday that did it, I didnt eat anything out of the ordinary and didn't pig out.

Hopefully riding 13 miles commuting to school and work today/tonight will kick me back in.

Welcome absinthian!

If you feel tempted to cheat during finals just remember the brain fog that comes from eating carbs. You need to be clear-headed right now.

I miss riding my bike to work everyday. I moved and it's too hilly where I live now. Enjoy it while you can!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-02-09, 07:03

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

I am in for May!! I only weigh once a week .....well with an occassional peak..........
I don't seem to be losing as fast........Ashley your loss is astounding!!........but I hope to drop 10 pounds in May!

My family reunion is in August and many do not know I started this weight loss in February so they will be surprised and I hope to drop 30 more before then if there is any way I can do it............it will be with this supportive group!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-02-09, 09:00
95% Sugar Free!

BF:

Welcome Absinthian and Gloquilts!

5/01/09 - 193.8
5/02/09 - 193.4
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-02-09, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 365/338/185 Female 5 Foot 8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hoping to drop another 15 this month, and get down below 300 by July Also, I want to get started excercising, and may be buying a cruiser-style bike with my work bonus for the end of the quarter.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-02-09, 10:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
Welcome absinthian!

If you feel tempted to cheat during finals just remember the brain fog that comes from eating carbs. You need to be clear-headed right now.

I miss riding my bike to work everyday. I moved and it's too hilly where I live now. Enjoy it while you can!

Thanks for the words of encouragement Allison. I'm not worried too much about making it through finals w/ out cheating, I'm well stocked on my safe "snacky snacks" as I call them.

Do you get to ride at all in your area? I wish I lived in an area w/ hills! Phoenix is so darned flat, though there is one mountain I think I'm going to tackle after finals are over. I had fun on the hills in Las Cruces, NM over spring break. At first I was like, "OMG!" but hitting 35 mph on the down hill was so exhilerating, I WANT MORE
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-02-09, 10:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMare
Hoping to drop another 15 this month, and get down below 300 by July Also, I want to get started excercising, and may be buying a cruiser-style bike with my work bonus for the end of the quarter.

Bravo Mare on your decision to start exercising! Just be careful not to become an endorphin junkie like me bikes are addictive!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-03-09, 07:32
95% Sugar Free!

BF:

Welcome BigFatmare

5/01/09 - 193.8
5/02/09 - 193.4
5/02/09 - 192.6

I was so glad to see a little drop on the scale this morning. Yesterday was rough. I got off work at 1:00 pm and was home alone, and started eating - snacking and couldn't stop. Started with a hardee's LC thickburger i brought home with me, then a single-size bag of smokehouse jalepano almonds... then onto an Atkins Endulge candy bar, then a couple ounces of cheese curds, then some more nuts, some parmesan cheese crackers, some CO candy, SF jello... it was all LC (I'm a disciplined cheater, lol) but I couldn't put the brakes on, so I finally got on my bike and left the house. Didn't come home till 7:30pm. Put what I had eaten in Fitday, and saw it wasn't going to be a total washout... it all came to about 1900 calories and I was still almost in range of my nutrient targets. Glad i got out of the house when i did.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-04-09, 04:27

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%
Unhappy

Sad to say the scale went the wrong way so I have to now make up the weight gain.
I gained 3 #'s..............