Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-01, 02:27

Plan:
Stats: 200/180/147
BF:
Progress:
Angry

Hi ladies,

Thanks Doreen T for your hugh.

I restarted the induction plan again, I guess I've always done it. For those 3 weeks I was talking about I always did the induction plan. Remember when I told you about the fruits well, when I eat lots of fruits I don't have pinples, but what I found out was that the more I eat fat the more pinples I get (not that much) but they are a significant number. I have to say too that I stoped taking the pill about 2 months ago and this month has been hell for me. Because my hormones are reajusting, I had my periods 3X this month. (It is just awfull)
I also just got out of a (1 year old relationship) which finished with a desaster, I go to school full-time, take Flamenco classes, and go to the gym.
THis has been the most difficult year of my life...
I feel sometime like I'm going to be alone all my life, because of this weight i HATE SO MUCH.
Sometimes when I start remembering what has happend to me this past year I get depressed, I feel like THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD. I think about my favorite desert, CHEESECAKE, but then I picture my self when I'll be 147 pnd again and all the boys will look at me again. The worst part is that I gain those 40 pounds this year. I feel so ASHAMED. HOW COULD I DO THIS TO MY BODY.
I know that at one point the exustion will get to me but I hope that it will not be too soon. What I NEED NOW IS TO LOOSE THOSE 30 POUNDS, FOR ME THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.
I'll do anything for this.

My moral is so down today, I feel like i'm the only person in the world to whom it can happend.

I heard that you did a diet durind the summer????
What is it about????

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-01, 11:17
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default It's not the end of the world, it only FEELS like it.

Sorry for the unhappy heart .... time WILL make it go away. Try to keep your thoughts focused on how losing the weight and becoming strong and healthy will make you feel GOOD about YOURSELF. After all, you are the one to do all the hard work! ..

There is no vitamin or nutrient in fruits that cannot be found in vegetables, except SUGAR. You are craving the sweet tastes because you are "addicted" to the sugar. Here is from an article on Cravings -
Quote:
High-sugar, refined starch, convenience and comfort foods feed the addiction like a drug. They produce correspondingly high blood sugar and insulin levels, which leads to even more cravings. They also produce higher levels of the brain chemical serotonin -- rather like Prozac. In sensitive people, particularly those who may have low serotonin levels to begin with, a carbohydrate binge is the equivalent of self-medicating, just to get the sugar "high". Excessive alcohol consumption also contributes to lowered levels of the brain chemical serotonin.
It would be good to read the whole article for your understanding. Click here - http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips007.html

Fruits may have been good for the pimples because they are full of FIBER. So are vegetables. Make sure to eat plently of high-fiber veggies like broccoli, cabbage, spinach and asparagus. Eat LESS dairy products like cheese, cream and sour cream. The "good" unsaturated fats in raw nuts and seeds (almonds especially), olive and safflower oils will help make your skin beautiful. Make your own salad dressings and vinaigrettes with these, instead of the bottled stuff from the store. And yes, emotional stress and hormones will make you break out too. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day, on top of the other fluids you drink....... this will help to flush the kidneys and get rid of toxins and waste products from the system.

Do you take a vitamin and mineral supplement?? That would be a good idea if you don't. Use a good quality multiple vitamin-mineral pill - read the label carefully to make sure it has no sugar, starch or lactose in it. On top of that, I would suggest extra B6 (good for female hormone problems), also extra Calcium and Magnesium (take at bedtime, will help relax tense muscles, as well as good for your bones).

Try also to get outdoors as much as possible. I know you are probably freezing to death in Montreal .. .. but sunlight and fresh air are two of the best cures for depression. If you can't get out, make sure to keep your home brightly lit - open all the curtains and turn on all the lamps. I know personally that this works.

As for me doing a diet ... I started following Protein Power last July. I lost slowly and steadily 30 lbs (I have a total of 60 lbs to lose). Over the winter, and some health problems, I have gained 10 lbs back.... I am discouraged about it, but I have chosen to take positive action, instead of just allowing myself to be depressed (it's easy to do, I know). I have started Atkins Induction a week ago, and the weight is NOT falling off, but I am sticking with it faithfully. I have a disability, so I cannot do vigorous exercise, but I do as much as I can. It definitely helps.

In November, a few members (including me) tried a very strict Stall busting regimen for a few days. It was VERY hard to do. I only lost a couple of pounds after a week. A stall or plateau is when you have stopped losing weight for more than a month AND the measuring tape shows no inches are being lost either. You are definitely NOT stalled out. GEt that measuring tape, and measure your body. With all the exercise and dancing, you are making strong, hard muscles, which are thinner and smaller than flab. So the scales will show you weigh the same number of pounds, but your body will be smaller.

You are doing fine. Get plenty of protein, eat high fiber vegetables, drink plenty of liquids to flush the system. Look forward to your posts of your success ..

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-01, 20:08

Plan:
Stats: 200/180/147
BF:
Progress:
Default cheating days

thanks Doreen.

But I cheated today, I feel like a loser. I knew what where the pros and cons of this but I did it anyway.