Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1276   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 10:13
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

mviesprite - do you use a dressing on the taco salad or is the salsa the dressing? And, you inspired me to do burgers on the grill last night - so good! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
  #1277   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 22:44

Plan: Less than 50g
Stats: 145/135/130 Male 5 5
BF:
Progress:

[deleted]]

Last edited by amasposu : Thu, May-18-17 at 08:55.
  #1278   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 12:01
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

We made rotisserie chicken fajitas the other night. Quick and easy and makes several meals for us. I used 1/4 of an aldi flatbread for mine on the first one, but honestly, I don't like them too much and just used a bowl for later meals.

#1279   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 14:47

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

salad of red leaf lettuce, celery, cucumber with a yogurt blue cheese dressing, oven roasted summer squash, NY strip steak, coffee with 1 oz. half and half.
  #1280   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 21:31

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Salad with blue cheese dressing, Ribeye and zucchini/yellow squash mix.
  #1281   ^
Old Wed, May-24-17, 13:46

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

I was MIA the last couple weeks, but all the dinners have inspired me upon returning!

One new standout dinner that I would do again:
Butternut squash noodles with spinach, chicken sausage and goat cheese

Have also done a fair number of spinach salads to address a potassium issue- toppings include any mix of chicken, hard boiled eggs, avo, beets, goat cheese, bell pepper, pumpkin seeds and dressing (most often) an artichoke

Some days I have also been trying more variety in my fruit (keeping carbs from fruit at or below 10, but including higher glycemic ones like pineapple with shrimp and spinach, or chicken/avo/apricot/goat cheese

So far, blood sugars have been great with this. For me it seems the net carbs more than the index, and so as long as they don't make me crave sugar, I'm good to go
  #1282   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 09:48

BF:

Last night was bowl of shelled edamame and pickled ginger
Snack- Maui onion seaweed snacks

Late snack- 2 oz Swiss (was low on calories for day and I'm always in mood for cheese)

Tonight is Mexican night at a charity house..... Will go with bed of lettuce, fajita chicken, guac, and salsa- cheese of they have it.
My stomach has been off for a couple days, so I might just pack something, Mexican isn't really appealing in the least right now.
  #1283   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 10:16

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:

Hi Robin, I noticed you were missing and I missed your posts!
Hope you're doing well.

Last night I had liver and onions, spinach and zucchini.
  #1284   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 11:46

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyZee
mviesprite - do you use a dressing on the taco salad or is the salsa the dressing? And, you inspired me to do burgers on the grill last night - so good! Thank you.

CaseyZee, so sorry, I work 2 jobs and have a zillion things happening so I am neglectful in getting back here - just saw this. Glad you enjoyed your burgers!

I have just used sour cream and salsa (sometimes guac) as dressing - I did it that time. Sometimes I make homemade ranch and add salsa to it.

Last night (and most nights) I make a big salad with bacon bits, cheese, radish, tomato, Cheese crisps and whatever else I throw in - maybe meat, maybe some other veggie or avocado, usually with homemade Ranch. I sleep so well when I have that for dinner (which is right before bed...)

Tonight I am aiming for Carnitas Nachos with pork rinds as my chips - made them that way before and they were really good. I have sour cream, will make guac, Hatch salsa, black olives and green onions for toppings, no chips, no beans. Making the Carnitas today - YUM!! (ambitious for me - I have a day off!! thank goodness for holidays)

Last edited by mviesprite : Mon, May-29-17 at 11:51.
  #1285   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
I was MIA the last couple weeks, but all the dinners have inspired me upon returning!

One new standout dinner that I would do again:
Butternut squash noodles with spinach, chicken sausage and goat cheese

Have also done a fair number of spinach salads to address a potassium issue- toppings include any mix of chicken, hard boiled eggs, avo, beets, goat cheese, bell pepper, pumpkin seeds and dressing (most often) an artichoke

Some days I have also been trying more variety in my fruit (keeping carbs from fruit at or below 10, but including higher glycemic ones like pineapple with shrimp and spinach, or chicken/avo/apricot/goat cheese

So far, blood sugars have been great with this. For me it seems the net carbs more than the index, and so as long as they don't make me crave sugar, I'm good to go

Robin I have missed you, as well as wondering where the other Robyn was too -
What are butternut squash noodles? that sounds good.
Your salads sound good - I got a package of root vegetables that was marked 75% off - I roasted them with the intention of putting them in my salad, but I ended up eating them for breakfast yesterday, they were so good. I should go buy up the rest of the pkgs, but that store is kind of far from me.
  #1286   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrygirl
A sad excuse for a taco salad today - seasoned ground beef, cheese, avocado, and tomato

Ha catching up with everyone - hey, Liz, that works though!!

CaseyZee - the eggroll in a bowl sounds delish - I will have to look that up when I decide to do Asian...
  #1287   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 02:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviesprite
What are butternut squash noodles? that sounds good.
Your salads sound good - I got a package of root vegetables that was marked 75% off - I roasted them with the intention of putting them in my salad, but I ended up eating them for breakfast yesterday, they were so good. I should go buy up the rest of the pkgs, but that store is kind of far from me.

Mmm- I love roasted veggies on salads, and then picking at leftovers in fridge until they are eaten up. I find myself grazing on Brussel sprouts anytime, even breakfast

Thanks for the welcome back guys!

Was looking forward to catching up with you all last week, but that mildly off tummy turned into something more serious.
Looking for all clear fluid dinner ideas.... but I'm on mend and might go home from Hospital tomorrow- so I might get Greek yogurt or cottage cheese and jello, instead of just lousy hospital broth.

My autoimmune system is fired!
  #1288   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-17, 04:01

BF:

Yay! I'm home and had real food 🙂
Last night was lettuce, artichoke/parm dressing, scoop of cottage cheese and a hard boiled egg..... it was pretty decent for someone craving a salad who isn't allowed much in terms of veg.
  #1289   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-17, 04:33

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Egg whites scrambled with spinach, and the egg yolks added back in as "sauce" after cooking. Rum ice cream (teaspoon rum, 6 ounces by weight heavy cream, 1 egg yolk, whipped then frozen).
  #1290   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-17, 06:12

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

We are getting a new kitchen with the new apartment. I hope that will inspire me.