Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-14, 17:45

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Ketosis Durring Pregnancy

I have been resurching to see if there has been any studies on people being in ketosis while pregnant while pregnant and I cant find anything. I found a study of mice, I think thats a stupid study because mice are not meant to eat the way we are.
I did find an article some where that Dr Atkins origional stated that ketosis was fine for pregnant women but he was later forced to recant that and that is why the books state to be in maintance level carbs when pregnant. Sorry I didn't think to save the articles.

I want to know if anyone had stayed in ketosis durring pregnancy. I find it hard to believe that it is harmful for the fetus since we are made to run on ketones.

Are there any articles of women that have been in ketosis durring pregnancy and how it all turned out?

I don't want to hear what others "think" one should do, I want to hear testamonials one way or another type thing.
Sponsored Links