Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 07:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 40%
Cool Buddy Club

Glad you are here.

So, where were we?

Clybella (Sandy)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 09:37

Stats: 261/248.5/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Found ya!

Okay I found it. Hopefully everyone else will too! Im thinking of going to yard sales today. Thats about it here. Same weight for me today 246. Thats okay though. I have lost pretty good this week. Today is another day....yeah!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 09:40

BF:
ohhh woops. I guess I did lose a little. I had 248 on there. I was thinking I weighed 246 yesterday. yeah! Even better. I just only wish it would come off like this for the next 6 mon ths! lol....okay now Im dreaming.
Does anyone else wiegh everyday? I kow its totally bad to do that. But I like to see what foods throw it off and stuff and thats my way of doing it.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 09:46

BF:
Default hi again

Clybella, you went down too didn't you? You lost again today? I thought your stats look like you did.....yeah!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 15:07

BF:
Default hello!

well I went to a few yard sales. Only bought a few things. Then had lunch with my mom. We made a hamburger patty and sauteed asparagus and cabbage. Loved the vegetables. They were really good tasting. Where is everyone today? I know that Tris. went out of town, but I didn't think anyone else was. Well, I hope you all are having a great day and that you are feeling good. I will check back in later. Jessi
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 15:09

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hey all,

found you guys.....WELL I did weigh this morning BUT no loss......Then again....I haven't been to the bathroom in 4 days and about 10 minutes after I weighed...I went......Had to have been a pound lol
Anyway.....am gonna do it on Saturdays, thats it.
I feel great, I don't miss any foods and so it doesn't matter at this point. If it does this for a month...well then I a gonna get............choice word intermission........

The family is off to the wedding actually wedding starts right NOW lol.
my second son stayed behind also..as I knew he would.

Well gonna track my food for today and plan on tonights feast...

Laters Gators......

Bubu
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 15:12

BF:
Default hello

well, do you think its because you work out? The muscle that your are gaining? I wouldn't worry either. We all hit that point where it stops for a little while until its triggered again anyway. Way to be positive girl! Remind me to be that way when I get negative k? Jessi
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 15:40

BF:

HI Jess,

Well 5 pds, even water weight at first, could in the long run mean fat weight too. Considering that it takes 3500 cal not eaten to drop OR gain a pd. of fat.
So consideriing that 5 x 3500 =17500 calories .

I have been on for 13 days averaging 1450 cal per day.

body weight x 15 = 2850

2850 - 1450 = 1400

1400 x 13 = 18200

since my scale doesn't show full pds or halfs....I figure thats just about right for the fat loss.....rather than just water weight.

oh gotta think positive lol

Bubu
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 15:49

BF:
Default wow

you have all that down to a tee. I know how my body works. I lose a lot right away and then slow down a lot. Thats why im not too too excited about mine. I mean, Im happy and all, but I also know that it doesn't all come off this easy once I get past the first week. That usually why I don't stay on it is because it slows down and sometimes stops. So, hopefully I can keep positive and keep it coming off somehow, through activity, exercise etc. I get nervouse when I enter the second week though thats for sure!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 18:10

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default I found you!!

]Hello everyone!!!
My husband and I are about to start on Monday, any ideas for lunch for my husband to bring to work?? He's a 6ft 2 in 250 lbs man who has an addiction to pepsi that will be hard fo9r him to kick ( he despises diet sodas).... But I know he will do great....

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Last edited by cinner76 : Sat, May-31-03 at 18:13.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 18:37

BF:

Hello folks.

Glad you found the spot.

Was out running errands and looking at a pop-up trailer. Ours was in an accident and bit the dust. Loaned it to the kids for the winter and someone loosened the bolts on the wheel and it went flying off. So that's where I've been, so much for getting the painting done. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

As for the weight, I lost another pound am down to 190. Ahhh, my pants went on. Still can't wear some of my blouses, but that will come eventually.

Not doing well with the smoking, but I will try on again seriously on Monday. Just keeping it as low as possible on the weekend.

Dealing with my son starting to feel normal and he is confused and frustrated by it. He says "all this time trying to be normal and you know what it sucks!" LOL, he so lucks the manic times when he is really happy and accomplishes things, he can't understand being at a normal plateau of a little up and a little down.

Hubby is lowering his carbs, but not LCing as we are, so he is losing a bit, but very slowly. I'll just be glad to have him stabilize a more healthy way to eat and eventually he will just eat what I make him.

Sounds like you gals had good days. If we can survive the weekend we will be able to get through the week with another loss next week.

Gotta run, fell asleep and we are having a very late dinner and watching a movie. Steak, salad with broccoli and sauteed mushrooms. Sure beats some diets!!!

take care all, talk at you tomorrow.

Sandy
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 18:46

BF:

Hi cinner

countdown huh.......(am wondering what they are having for their
last supper lol cleaning all carbs out no doubt )

Well my husband is on this too and a trucker. So my question is, what does you husband have access to. Could he heat things up, or keep things cold.
Mine has a little fridge in the truck, so he takes letuce and no carb ham and cheese, brocoli and radishes and such.
He then buys stuff on the road. All sort of egg dishes of course...or McD chick salad. Also takes leftover meat along.
Tenderized steak, Brats, Hamburger.
Then there is tuna, salmon or chicken in a can. The cold cuts in general one has to be careful about because of their processing, nitrates and such. So during induction keep it as close to all natural, clean foods.
Also watch the salad dressings.....atkins advises oil and vinegar, but I use mayo and a tsp of salsa and mix it up. about 1 carb.

Make sure u guys eat some brocoli or cauliflower....depending on ur digestive tract, constipation likes to set in with this eating plan and lettuce alone doesn't do it for some folks. But those veggies do.
also keep in mind and I don't know of the others are aware of this......the fiber grams that u eat can be deducted from your total
carb grams and give u more carbs to eat.

So get creative if u can using the list of allowable foods, maybe check the recipe threads in here and above all know what you are gonna have and keep track in fitday.

Laters gator
Bu
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 18:51

BF:

oops forgot...

My hubby is the same size if not a little heavier.
Have him drink lots and lots of water. I was hooked on a diet pop per day but dont' even miss it. But that would still be a better alternative than the real thing.
My bigger addiction is actually coffee....and I log in the carbs for that....and they are costly.
I was never a water drinker at all before...but once I started chucking it down fast ...I got thirstier for it as I went along.

Besides this eating plan makes u thirsty for it....and u should use lots of it esp. when starting to flush all the stuff out of ur system.
Carb withdrawls aren't as bad then.

Bubu
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:09

BF:

Cinner, just noticed you are from Ottawa, I lived for 10 years in Ottawa, my sister and parents live there still.

As for foods for hubby. There are small tins of tuna which have flavoring added. Also small pouches you can add on to a salad.

I make up extra chicken and have it cooked ready to slice for lunch with a salad and add veggies to it. As Bu says, broccoli. Now I have never been a fan of veggies so this is as much a challenge for me as cutting out the carbs, but I am learning!!!

I checked out the recipe section in this forum and there are a whole bunch of ideas for quickie breakfasts and lunches too. I have a recipe for something called muffins which have both eggs and sausage in them. You pre-make a doz of these and heat them up in the microwave. They might work for a lunch too. Haven't tried it yet. Will make it tomorrow and I'll tell you how it was.

We are all so new to this, maybe in the next week or so we can share some experiences with what we try and how it works out. I also want to try making the low carb bread and muffins. Not ready to add those in yet though. Want to stay on induction for 3 or 4 weeks if I can. Only one week done.

#15   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:11

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%

Thanks for the info Bubu,

He works for the federal government, he has access to many appliances but for some reason he never wants to use them... He plans on drinking lots of water...
We are starting on Monday because Sunday is our first anniversary and he has a nice dinner out planned for us...lol....we aren't cleaning out the carbs from the house because of our 8 yr old... So willpower will be a factor!!!!
Thanks again!!!

Have a great weekend

Last edited by cinner76 : Sat, May-31-03 at 19:12.