Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-05, 04:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/175/120 Female 5 feet 3/4 inches
BF:42%
Progress: 25%
Default This is my stalling thread....

Since I am riding out a stall...which is what I am always doing because I am such a turtle, then I am going to post every day to motivate myself through it. If you would like to join me, feel free! I have been in this "176.4 stall"....that is what I am naming this stall, kindof like a hurricane, you have to ride it out.....since October 22. That would make it 7 days now. I am being good though and am just waiting for the scale to move!

I can wait longer than the scale. I am in ketosis so the fat is burning and sooner or later the scale is going to have to give it up! And what a happy day that is going to be....

Here's hoping tomorrow brings the start of a new weight! (That is me welcoming the new lower weight there!)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-05, 04:15

8 days. Still hanging in there!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-05, 04:41
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Hang on in there, look at your menus and cut back on the fat a tiny bit...see if there's anything there that can be cut out, sweetners always stall me out, so look into what you're eating on a daily basis!
I hope you get through this stall soon, it's probably just your body re-programming.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-05, 05:49

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Donna,

Have you thought of keeping track of all your foods in MY PLAN? I never realized how many carbs were in some of the foods I was eating until I started keeping track. Just an option for you. I hope you break your stall soon

K
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 06:30

9 days at 176.4. At least I am not going up. Thanks for the tips and encouragement. Today, I am going to start logging in fitday. I think I am also going to try the meat and egg fast. Still deciding on that one. I have switched back to induction foods only a couple of days ago. Cutting WAY back on sweeteners and switching to all water...except for my morning mug of coffee which does not contain Splenda anymore.

Anyway, I even exercised this weekend, which is hard with my one year old son....and I am way active in church. But I do handbells which is very physical so that will help.

I believe it is my medicines. I take blood pressure meds and pain meds for degenerative disk disease. I have cut out the pain meds today and am going to try to ride it out.

I have NO doubt that my body will have to give it up. I think I am destined to be a turtle, which is why goal will be so much sweeter for me when I get there. I am wearing a dress that I could not wear a week ago because it was a tad tight. Today it fits perfectly so I know the inches are still moving.

Thanks for the motivation. You two are great! And I certainly need all the "atta boys" I can get!

I will post again tomorrow. Busy day today so I may not get back online. I would NOT survive without these boards! All my friends come an go with their motivation. I have one coworker who is really sticking with it right now. But there is ALWAYS someone here who is cruising along on their plan and willing to motivate and support.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I'll check in later.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 06:54

176.4.....10 days. I survived Halloween. I am just waiting for the day the scale drops. I am still considering the meat and egg fast. At least just long enough to get below 170.