Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#181   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 20:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---It isn't so much about fiber being good for the body, (too much fiber can cause issues, not enough of it can cause issues) as it is that fiber is not digested by the body. Which means that it does not spike your insulin, which carbohydrates most certainly do, and which starts the whole issue of metabolic syndrome and weight gain. I know there is controversy about this, but if you google the simple question, "does the body digest fiber?" you'll get ENDLESS articles that say "no." Which is why many count net carbs instead of full carbs. And I'll leave it at that.

As for your new client who doesn't care what you look like and is all about her, LOLOL, welcome to having clients. I agree COMPLETELY with the way you approached her. She may be only 15 pounds overweight, but if she continues with her sugar addiction/binges, we all know where she's headed. You are so right to KEEP IT SIMPLE. First order of business, cut the sugar. You're going to do well at this, Jaz.

Trigger---For all your tough talk sometimes, you are a very generous and loving person with your husband and your daughter. I hope they appreciate you. Bet they do, even if they don't say it often. I so admire how you just roll with it, laying down your boundaries, yes, but then making them flexible for the ones you love.

And yeah gal, that truck needs running boards! You're a relatively tall gal and if you're feeling like your mounting a horse, then heck yeah, hubby needs to fix that!

Nic---Interesting to hear you've been struggling a bit with the crabbies and the blues. Without wanting to pry, and please answer to your comfort zone, what do you think is causing yours? I know, sometimes there's not a specific answer, it's just like it's in the wind. Does this effect how you eat and how well you stay on plan?

Just curious, because I find I CAN say no to emotional eating. What I can't say no to sometimes is just the fun of a good night out. More on that later.

K-mom---Friday water, 4/3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So gals, I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is I had a big presentation for a smaller client this morning, and they can be tough because I present to a committee of 16 people. Don't get me started. BUT, today my colleague and I presented a TON of stuff, and although they all had opinions on this and that, and they picked and pooped here and there, in the end, they bought almost all of it, AND gave us a big round of applause before we left. Like, that has NEVER happened to me in all my years doing this. It was a balm to my professional soul, much needed about now, and left me feeling giddy.

The bad news is I met my pal at that club I've talked about, with a couple of our other gal pals, and it was October Fest there. Tons of food. I went
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off plan. An absolute hog wilder, and I haven't done that in a long time. Trig feel free to bring out that piggy w/the apple in its mouth, LOL.

We really had fun, and often I say/feel I enjoyed it and it's over and onward, and that's the truth of it. But tonight I really do have to say, I could have done without it, and I'm not happy with myself that I let go to it that much. And that's OK. Sometimes it's good to say, yeah, NO, that wasn't worth it.

I could feel it as it happened and I haven't felt it that way for a long time. It was like I just let go in a way I usually don't. A treat or two, yes, but not a hog wilder. I didn't like the feeling.

Book marking the fact that I didn't like the feeling, and hoping it was a once in a very long while thing.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 05:33

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good morning!

Blue- Today is a new day. Yesterday is past. I am sure that your stress over getting this presentation just right, coupled with the fact it was over and successful contributed to the hog wilder. But now you dust off stand tall and move on.
You know you don't live there anymore. None of us do. Plus the fact you feel icky is proof your body can't handle that garbage anymore.

How awesome about your smaller client bought most of what you were presenting. Does that mean you will be working with them more? Has the "big" client completed their contract?
I am sure you do feel fabulous! You should!

Trig- I agree about getting running boards. I find those really big trucks awkward to get into. But I am short anyway. But yea- what is another 1k in the long run. Just numbers

Ahhhhhhh an Apple for the kiddo. And you think you have $$$ with her now? It will only get worse! Hang onto your hat- you are on the verge of having a full fledged teen!

Yummm ribs- do you make yours on the grill or oven? What sauce do you use?

KMOM- I am still debating about ordering those crusts. Thank you though for another LC option! It is amazing what can be made out of cali!
Still interested in your family cruise. Did you get that finished up?

Leeann- How are you doing these days? I think we all go through ho hum periods, especially if stressed out or not getting enough rest.
Are you still not sleeping well?
I appreciated your suggestion to look into food allergies. That is on my to do list this weekend. I want to read up or explore that a bit.
Whats on your dinner list? You still use your IP?

Lori- Hope you are feeling better! You should have a beautiful weekend to play golf. It's your passion- have FUN with it!
Have you started back to bootcamp? Have a wonderful weekend!
----------------------------------------------------
All-
I will be on my way to Greenville/ or on my way back depending on when you read this. Today is Gigi/ Noah day. I will however drop by the hospital to see Ava as well. That little doll is closing in on 4 pounds now!
I can't wait to bring all those sweet sleepers to my DD! She is very excited!!!!

Today and tomorrow is supposed to be a 10/10 beautiful day. Crisp and sunny day low 80's and breezy. Perfect for travel.

Not sure what the food will look like today, except I will be on plan! I need to shop. I have been in a food funk- nothing I make sounds appealing.
Ok all- till later. Enjoy today!
  #183   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 06:00

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, under a blanket all layered up with clothes? OH MY! we aren't there yet...still shorts and Ts. Even tho last night kiddo said she was chilly and it was 75 in the house?? but outside it is cooling off big time at night...yea fall/winter is on its way for sure!!

I don't own a phone. Hate them. Only time I am going to get a phone is when kiddo gets alot older and driving. Then I will have to have one for her to contact me, I kinda thing no choice for me in that matter cause I have to be able for her to get to me if needed. Momma to the rescue if needed HAHA
Is there a difference? I mean the droids do alot so does the Iphone do more? Heck I could care less what they do really LOL I told her this phone has to last cause the next upgrade she gets she will be paying for!! I keep drilling into her head that I will be paying car insurance, buying her a car, keeping her alive and in the money all thru college etc....things like phone upgrades and more she will have to have a part time job to get any 'wants' she wants....I mean momma's pockets are only so deep

So cool your DS is gonna get his permit. Won't be long for me heading into that also. I told kiddo she will start getting lessons to drive in my SUV sooner than later. I want her to be able to drive well when she starts out. oh gosh, driving!! Here we go!! LOL

Jaz have a fun weekend. Seeing Ava and Noah and enjoy! Try to get some down time for yourself also!! Safe trip!!

Blue, nah, not gonna hit ya with the hog wilder pic this time
You were walking toward this blowout. Stressed to the max lately. I get it and you know you have to curtail this right now. Just keep in mind literally that the 5 lbs up leads to 10 and then 15 and after that you could be up 30-40 lbs in a flash. We all know this, we all been there!! But your transition now is blowing your mind a bit, you had to release and go wild, I get ya! But you did it and it is over so now you have to get back on track and STAY there. Don't keep allowing it Blue. When ya allow it is when you are in that moment of just saying what the heck. Never a good place to be

So cool your presentation went so well! I will cheer for you also!

HI ALL
off to mom's today for kiddo and me.
out for lunch at wendy's I think cause that is what she wants, a stop at the grocery store to get a few things she wants and done deal.

hubby had to go into work for mandatory overtime. so it is 5--12 hr days. better him than me

Day is nice. Alot of sun already but temps are dropping, I don't think they will come back high into the 90s anymore. I think the fall situation is coming faster now. Still in shorts tho, not that cool LOL

I lost control of my front beds along the front of my house. Weeds overtook....I mean come on ya know! I have tons of landscape plastic under the mulch and yet the weeds still grab hold and flourish. I decided to stop using chemical weed killers cause hell I get more of it on me when spraying and decided my body has absorbed enough of that crap and will probably kill me sooner than later already....but once I stopped that control the weeds went wild. I pulled so many but it seems they just took hold faster than I did the work to keep it controlled. BLECK! So gonna call a landscaper and am thinking of pouring concrete along the front of the house and making a 'giant walkway' kinda to the front porch and then put pretty big planters along the front and just leave it at that. Or maybe just using stone steppers or brick patio type to the front porch....still on the fence which way I want to go but I want whatever goes there to stop all weeds for life now I am done done done with this BS maintenance on this crap...can ya tell I am done?
So will think about it.

off to get moving.
everyone have a fab day
  #184   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 06:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue...hope you wake feeling renewed this morning. Sometimes really cutting loose helps you refocus in the new day.

Jaz...have a great weekend with your family! I'm feeling a bit better, but still stuffy & have a headache.

Here's part of the reason for the headache. Lack of sleep. BIL was here overnight.....not a good night. It is Alumni weekend here and he went out with some friends. He got in about midnight I guess. I couldn't sleep until I heard him come in and then he was crashing around and up and down the stairs multiple times all night. When I got up this morning, I went from room to room downstairs assessing the "damage". He must have been foraging for food as there were napkins, utensils and crumbs everywhere. I came in the living room and there was a Yankee candle in a glass jar on a different table than it is usually.?? I found wax shavings all over my living room carpet in little piles. When he got up this morning, I asked him what went on with the candle. He said "What candle" I pointed it out to him and he had no idea about anything. Totally blank. He also knocked over a lamp in his bedroom and knocked stuff off the dresser. My cat's dry food bowl was obviously kicked and there was food floating in her water. Anyway, come to find out that he had been drinking beer and then someone started buying him shots. He couldn't remember what the shots were, he just drank what was put in front of him. Then he comes home and trashes my house. What if he would have tried to light that candle? He could have started a fire! He takes some pretty strong meds for PTSD & meds to help him sleep. That coupled with the alcohol is a scary proposition. He is a Physician's Assistant.....he knows better. Sorry for the rant, but I just had to tell you. My husband is VERY annoyed with the whole thing. He loves his brother and feels sorry for what he is going thru, but geez...you know you shouldn't be drinking while taking meds like that!

Anyway, I heard him thumping around all night and I just couldn't sleep. I'm hoping for a nap sometime today as I have to work from 3-9:45 tonight. I'm typically not a good napper, so it probably won't happen.

Again....sorry for the rant. Just had to get it off my chest! I'll be happy to have my house back tonight!

I've cancelled out on golf tomorrow. It's supposed to be very cold in the morning(30's) and I don't think it would be good for my sinus thing to be out in that. Plus.....I really want a "day of rest".

Hope you all have a good weekend!
  #185   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 07:55

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Will try to post later.

SD is here. Here is a 5 minute glimpse of my life with SD.

I am reading the posts here and eating my O4. SD comes up and puts a notebook in front of me. Wants a list of chores to do today. I tell her please wait. So she stands there waiting for me. I fill out chores and as I am doing that, she brings my pill container and tries to open the pill slot for today. She has done that before and they fly all over. So I grab the pill container and tell her thank-you. I open the pill container and start to take my pills, when she taps me and needs to tell me AT THAT MOMENT about something that had happened during the week. I stop taking my pills so I can turn to her and watch her sign. She finishes the story and then reaches for a pill to give me to take. I then start the list and she squeals with excitement at all the things she and I will do together...doesn't matter if it is chores...she just loves being with her mom! She corrects me and tells me she has already made both beds so I do not need to write that down. As I finish up my list, she is already on her way outside to pull up the zucchini plants.

Deep breath. I am already tired, but such a good tired. She is so fun to be around and abounds with energy! And such a good helper. I think maybe it is because she probably never had a home to take care of. She loves her home and knows it is hers.

Such a joy!

K-Mom 10x4
Oh, and she started my omelet before I had time!
  #186   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 16:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- I hope you are having so much fun with Noah today! It is a brisk day today here- breezy and cool. Are you having the nice weather day you were hoping for?

Did your daughter love the sleepers for Ava?

Blue- Super glad that your client meeting went so well and they bought almost all of what you presented. That is fantastic!! Really really good.

So, I see your hog wilder as a blowing off of steam and a celebration, and to me, honestly, not a big deal. And I don't say that in a demeaning way AT ALL because to YOU it WAS a big deal, and you didn't like the way it made you feel. So for me, what would have been a HECK YEAH! felt out of control to you. Big hugs over that because I have felt that and it does not feel good.

I bet your itch is scratched for a while now though and it is behind you. xoxo

Trig- re: phones. I think, honestly, that Droids tend to be "ahead of the curve" in terms of having certain things before Apple. Like facial recognition, for example, that Apple is just coming out with. I am an all-Apple/Mac fangirl though, so I'm partial to Apple Smartphones bc I find them intuitive to use. That being said, they've become more expensive, less innovative and apparently the iOS 11 platform is pretty buggy, so I'm not loving them right this second. Losing Steve Jobs was a hit for them for sure.

As your kid gets more teenagery, I really recommend that you do get a smart phone. My two older kids love to text me, and I love to text them. We have ongoing conversations, some as groups and some not. Today, for example, I heard from DS18 on his field trip to the National Gallery in DC, including a couple of random pictures that he liked. Plus we made plans for tomorrow. With DD I communicated about plans for tomorrow. But it is nice to have that other avenue of communication open with them, KWIM?

When can your DD get her permit (I realize she is youngin' still, but curious. I think all that is earlier in the South. Here, you have to be 15 years and 9 months before you can even apply for a learner's permit. From there you have to have 60 hours of driving time with a supervising adult PLUS ten hours night driving time AND you have to wait nine months before you can take your driving test. So, the earliest to get a license is 16 and a half. And then from there you have a curfew AND you can't drive with anyone under adult age that isn't family for a set period of time as well.

Very different from the day I got my license- the day I turned 16 and then drove myself to school!

Weeds- I hate them. HATE THEM. They suck and no matter what, they keep coming back.

Lori- While my heart goes out to your BIL with his PTSD and it truly, truly does.. that is really really uncool, what he did last night. He should not have been mixing alcohol with his prescription drugs for sure. And you are right- he could have started a fire or something, had he tried to light that candle.

I can only imagine what he was envisioning though, or reliving, and it breaks my heart.

But you are absolutely right and I would have been upset and angry about it nonetheless.

KMom- Lovely, lovely, lovely to read about SD. Truly. Thank you for sharing that moment in your life with us.

••••••••••••••••••••••

So Blue, in a general sort of reply to your question, I'd say that I am in a period of adjustment and re-seeking balance. The way I describe it is this: I am a Tigger. My set point is to happy. I may go off kilter here or there for a bit, but I trend positive and I reset to positive. My DH and my daughter are Eeyores. Dh more so than DD, because she actively offsets her Eeyore tendency with a desire to see the positive/gratefulness. DH needs a butt kicking to get out of Eeyore mode (or his "perspectacles" adjusted to a better perspective.) DS15 is a fifteen year old "classic teen" so he is all over the map emotionally, but typically I would say he is a mix of Eeyore and Tigger with a slight tilt toward a Tigger. My DS18 (DS19 in two days!) is a true Tigger.

Basically, my fellow Tigger has left the building, and right now I am living with a stressed out, overworked Eeyore and a moody half-Eeyore. The counterbalance-Tigger's absence is making Tigger-Me work overtime to try to be in my usual place of joy/contentedness. Apparently having a fellow joyful person in the house, even if I wasn't with him all the time, kept the overall aura balanced. Does that sound whoo-whoo enough? lol

I really do think it is a thing though. I was sort of alluding to it before- I am very emotionally sensitive. Emotional vibes that have nothing to do with me but that are in the area affect me- it is just a fact of my life. When I lived at home as a kid, my Mom would send me out to check my Dad's emotional temperature so to speak, like a human barometer. Needless to say, they divorced. lol But there were never truer words than things like "you could cut the tension with a knife." I can feel anger radiating off people, sadness, depression, whatever it is and often I don't WANT to feel it but I have trouble repelling it when I am not centered myself.

Okay, way more than I was going to say, but there you go.

And as to how well I stay on plan, it's a good question because I've actually been somewhat more food balanced overall in the past month. Which is likely not what any of you would call balanced but better than it had been over the summer, for example. And overall I'm down around 4# this month give or take, so it shows. But I can absolutely be an emotional eater- but it isn't necessarily linked to negative emotion.

So, I slept like a ROCK last night. Must have partly been the cooler weather. I seldom sleep that deeply though- it was great and a little bit bizarre. I was asleep by around 10:15 and got up a little bit before 9 AM. I cannot even think of the last time I slept that late in the morning.

Talked DH into going with me on a hike today. Wore him out good, too. It was about four miles and overall not hard, although there is one section that is a pretty rapid ascent. At one point I offered to go get the car, LOL! To his credit he finished it out.
It was a switch for me to hike with someone. I am very much a solo-hiker.. I find it a meditative exercise. At first I was trying to get to my Zen mode and was a bit frustrated but as soon as I switched gears, it was really nice. And by the time we were finished, I had that same happy, relaxed feeling I get from hiking.

Completely on plan today which is NOT usual for me for a Saturday, so yay for that. I had one off plan meal Friday night and will likely be off plan for Sunday Brunch tomorrow for DS18's birthday celebration, but if I keep it to those two meals only this weekend, then that will really be quite a stellar weekend for me.

I can only imagine how long this will be when I click submit. I cringe!
  #187   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 16:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Holy Crap

That Is Even Longer Than I Thought!
  #188   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 16:42

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Wow on your BIL. Don't blame you a bit for your rant, it IS scary. Can your hubby explain to him how dangerous this is? Probably he's tried many times. But geez, I don't know if it's fair to continue to expect you to host him overnight if he's going to drink and do his meds. Not to mention he could seriously hurt himself. Sorry you had to go thru this. Very disconcerting.

Trigger---You are SO RIGHT girl. I WAS "walking towards this blowout." Been building up for awhile, and I was having fun last night, blowing off stress, and a big what-the-heck mood swallowed me whole. You know how much I agree, this just cannot happen again any time soon.

I love your idea of flower boxes. They are so much easier to care for. You might want to check out paver bricks as well as the concrete. They can be really pretty.

Nic---Hope you're having a totally chill Saturday!

K-mom---Now that I've met your SD, I just smile as you describe her, because I can picture her exuberance. That is a gift you have given her---the energy to love big and be loved. But I can see how her attachment to you can be taxing. Does she like to read or watch a captioned movie? Just wondering if you have ways to get a bit of a break here and there. But I can see how her shining love for you is so hard to say no to.

Really drinking the water today to try to drown some of the damage from last night. expect to do 5/3 today, Saturday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to spank myself a bit today and go to TJ Max. Not a great day to try on clothes, as I'm bloaty to the max after last night. It has been over 2 months since I've bought a thing, or been to TJ Max, which is like a record for me, and it was a gorgeous fall day and I wanted something for back to school.

Glad I went. If you're looking for a wake up call, put yourself in a dressing room with a bunch of cute stuff. I knew it was going to be shall we say, somewhat FREAKING uncomfortable, which is what I had in mind, to be honest. Sounds weird, I know, but clothing has always shown me where I'm at more than the scale ever did.

And I don't like where I'm at. Must address. NOW.

Still, did find a couple of things. Best was an inspiration piece! Something I used to depend on when I was working my way down the scale, and haven't bought myself one in a long time, even though I've needed one.

So I got this totally FAB pair of very slim cut pants, black with the most subtle faded looking gray roses here and there. May sound strange, but they are so elegant. And I can wear them now, but not without just the right long top. On the back of my bedroom door they go, where I will see them every day with my goal in mind---to be able to wear them without having to drown my mid section in so much material!

I spent just $53, and got the pants, and two incredible tops, one I can't describe and the other a black knit diagonal zip, to the hip jacket with a great V-neck lapel, that looks good on me now, and that I will wear w/jeans or skirts or slim black pants. I can tell this is something I will wear over and over again. Flattering in its tailoring, sleek and neat looking.

Thing is, I have always believed in feeling good in what I wear, it adds a bounce to my step. And even though I'm not happy with where I'm at weight wise, I STILL need to feel good in my clothes.

So part misery, part fun, BIG part inspiration to get myself back on track in a more major way. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

And it's not just about last night, which I would have weathered fine if I hadn't been creeping my way up and along for awhile now. Time to stop that business.

Fasted all day. Will have very low carb dinner, not sure what yet, but it won't be big. Always thankful that hog wilders tire me out food wise, AND mentally, and I'm not craving a darn thing. Not even hungry. Wheeeeeew. What a relief.

And today, that's my story, morning glories.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sat, Sep-30-17 at 17:43.
  #189   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 17:21

BF:
Progress:

Nic---we cross posted.

Heh, you know I know the feeling of clicking on submit, and then seeing what you've wrought. But I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed your post. I read it a couple of times, because it said a lot.

Now, I never read Winnie the pooh, I know, a bit shocking. A big hole in the life of an ardent reader, and one who read early and often. After reading your post a couple of times I could kind of guess which was what, but I wanted to pursue it further.

So I had fun googling Tiggers vs. Eeyores, and I came across the most delightful quiz that seeks to identify which you are. (going to e-mail it to you, think you'll get a kick out of it---article is from Psychology Today, no less, and has some great suggestions for how Tiggers and Eeyores can understand each other better.)

After taking the quiz, I found myself somewhat between the two, but with a definite tilt toward Eeyore. Oh, this was so much fun and so illuminating, and I thank you for that.

AND, you picked a perfect way to answer my question, one that made it SO clear to me how you're feeling. YES! Your fellow Tigger has left the building. That says so much. We love our children and our mates whichever they are, but there's nothing like 2 peas in a pod. Hubby is mostly Tigger. Son and I tend more to Eeyore. Gee, I've become an expert at this in no time at all.

Also, you said something that really caught my attention:

But I can absolutely be an emotional eater- but it isn't necessarily linked to negative emotion.

I have said many times here that I don't consider myself an emotional eater, BECAUSE, I was only associating that with eating because one is bummed out or stressed. Which I don't typically do.

BUT, you gave me a real A HA! moment when you said emotion isn't just negative. So YES, I realized I too CAN BE an emotional eater, because I tend to go off the rails when I'm happy, celebrating, blowing off steam, caught up in the moment of fun and frolic and what the heck. It sounds silly I didn't get this totally about myself, and somewhere in my stream of consciousness, I probably did/do. But thanks to you, it is somewhat of an awakening to me that my enemy regarding my woe is not so much the bad times, but the good times! HELLO, Blue.

Also want to note that I think your recent very large increase, from what I can tell, in the amount of exercise---hiking/walking---you are doing lately IS making a real difference for you, mentally and physically. HUGE congrats on your continual and steady weight loss.

SO get what you mean about walking/hiking being a solitary pursuit. When I walk the dogger w/the husband, it always ends up fine, or even a great time for us to chat. But often I find myself unable to really connect as I just want to move forward in my own mind, mentally and physically.

I MUST start to exercise more. Been saying that for years. I keep thinking I'll pull out an old video from my work out days and get started, but I should know by now that it's not happening. I think walking is the best thing for me right now, and I need to start to do it. As I often say, the motivation is in the process, so don't wait around till you feel like doing it. Wow, needed to type that out for myself.

Anyway Nic, I loved your post. Helped me understand where you're at, helped me understand better where I'm at.
  #190   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 05:34

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Tired me.....bad night of sleep Friday night, short night of sleep last night. I didn't get home from work until 10:30 and I was starving! I had to have a little snack and it was 11 till I got in bed. Awake at 3, cat heard me rolling around and decided it was time to go out. Let her out and went back to bed. My head was pounding. Rolled around till 4 and just gave up and crawled out of bed. Too much going on in my head.

Speaking of work....I got a promotion. After working 3 shifts, they've given me a promotion....pending background check. It involves more responsibility than just cashier. I'll have override codes to give customer discounts and I'll learn to close the cash drawers at night and open them in the morning. My head was spinning last night with the quick lesson I had on doing the deposits. I am so confused. The girl training me is so nice, but she just clicked this and that and said this is what you do and I was flumoxed. Plus...it was 10 o'clock at night, which is not my best time of day, you know? I know I'll get it, but boy was I confused last night. I don't blame her for not wanting to spend a lot of time teaching me as it was so late, but I will have a problem if they expect me to know what to do after that whirlwind! Plus, I won't get to see the process again before our vacation. Maybe it will click the next time. The managers are all very nice and patient, so I think it will be fine. Best of all, if I don't want to deal with it, I'll quit. Nice to have that option.

Tomorrow morning marks my return to boot camp. OY! I may die. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. Please God, let me get a good night's sleep tonight. I only work 4 hours tomorrow 2-6. No closing deposit...yay!

I'm sorry to bore you all with my life. It just feels good to type it all out sometimes, you know?

Blue...love the sound of your inspiration pants. You will be in them in no time. I use the "jeans of truth". Try them on periodically and if they become too snug...time to buckle down harder. I'm still holding on to a bit over 2 lbs of cruise weight, but a week at boot camp should get rid of them!

Jaz...hope you're having a wonderful family weekend!

Nic...I love your Tigger & Eeyore analogy. Such a good way to describe different personalities. I think I'm somewhere in between. Would that be a Tigyore? Or an Eeger? Lord, I am tired.....this is drivel.

Happy October 1st y'all!!
  #191   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 07:15

BF:

Lori I would be ranting also about the house thing I get ya on that. Thing is when at home you want it all 'neat and tidy and in box with a ribbon on it' and not to be opened til morning, after a good sleep....ya put the house to bed and ANY disturbance from that...well we would all go bonkers on it Ut oh Lori, they learned you are a very good and reliable worker real fast and now you are gonna get way more responsibility and hours put on ya slowly I bet....be careful retirement gal!! LOL

KM, great post and sounds like you are in such a great place with your kiddo!!

Nicco, very cool DH hiked with ya...so funny you thought of getting him the car I have to get the car for my hubby due to back troubles....on a hike all of the sudden he slows to half speed cause of pain and it then is like hiking with a snail on my tail
My fingers are too fat to text conversations so if kiddo and I go at it on cell phones she best call me, a real phone call conversation I CAN have too funny! No idea on the permit drive thing, have to check into it, all changed so much since I got my license

Blue so glad you got some new clothes you are so happy with and YES the 3 way mirrors and all do put a perspective on this whole thing ---I also use clothes as a huge judging guide for me! I get ya on that!

you are like me on the video/tapes/exercise crap....we hate it and no doubt about it but for me I am never doing those damn things again! nope, in fact I will be getting it all --from the hand weights to the resistance bands and tapes etc and ditching the whole lot to goodwill. Done deal for me. Never wanted to do it and hardly did it and few times I did lately all I did was hurt the heck out of my weird broken rib area LOL and I ain't going there again.

I will now concentrate on hiking, bike, kayak and outside things I love. No more pretending or forcing myself to do things I know I won't do and fail when I put that 'goal' on them Not saying this is you, you got for it if ya got it in ya!! You might get back into being a hard core exerciser, but for me that part of life is out the door and gone forever

Hope Jaz is having a fun good weekend with the kiddies!!

HI ALL

things are moving too fast around me--I know everyone gets that!

get home from moms and long day but good....kiddo says her friend is over the other friend's house a few houses down....so yea she wants over, I say no sleep over cause she has not been feeling well....so later they all descend on me and beg, over and over the BIG begging from them all!!....omg just go
will call kiddo to come home around 11 today so she can rest up for full school week....kiddo is not 'on the perfect healthy' right now, kinda got the snotty nose thing happening and tired with some small headaches we are treating with good allergy/cold drugs etc but not sick, but walking toward it maybe---so will get her home and resting cause I am NOT HEARING I don't feel good early tomorrow morning!

I got a list of crap to handle, off to get'er done

I wish I could do my 60 things at one time and get stuff done faster but now it is more like I am lucky if I can handle 5 things at once LOL omg I am getting older and slower or is it I just don't give a fig anymore? who knows

take care all and fab first day of Oct!!
  #192   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 07:55

BF:

OMG- Let a gal take off a few hours here and I came back to a bursting thread!

Leeann- I LOVE LOVED LOVED your post. I have always called that ability to "feel" emotion of an environment as a "sensitive". Which I too can to. It was surprising to me that everyone can't do that.
I have never thought about the Tigger/Eyore connection. It makes perfect sense.

And for you- to be a sensitive like that would absorb those feelings around you.
When I say I am "peopled" out- it is sorta the same thing. I have used the word emotional vampire. There are those type of people out there, and they never have to open their mouth!!!!!
So I totally get your zen balance thing in your home. I too read your post several times. Just a interesting thing to think about, especially when ya think about the people in your life. Thanks! I too am going to google like BLUE did - the quiz.

Blue- I love when we are going along and get a "ah ha" moment! Emotional eaters- yes have always been associated with a negative emotion. That is so true- about the happy times too!

I am so onboard with clothes being the barometer of how we are doing! Yes I too kind of measure the size with success- am I going up or down?!
So glad you found an inspirational piece and one that works for you right now!
I am a clothes horse as well, as well as the bling that goes with it, and the bag, and shoes OF course!
I think that is why I am loving the series you suggested- OH the CLOTHES- and GLAMOUR!!!!!!!! I am on episode 15 I think- she and her father are getting along well- she was invited to the party that Hilter's ladies will be attending. I can't wait to see the next episode.

Sorry got lost in that show for a sec.! Very glad you are back on track. I too need a kick in the rump to DO SOMETHING PHYSICAL!!!!!

Lori- Goodness! I feel for your BIL- but I would SO NOT be ok with that crap he pulled in YOUR home. I think your hubby needs to draw the line!
WOWSA - on getting promoted right out of the barn so to speak! AWESOME for you!!!!! I bet you give 100% when you are there! Most people in retail can make or break a place with great/poor service! I know you are great! Plus, not a slam to younger people. However I like to hire older people over younger people personally.

People our age know that hard work, and respect for what you are doing is valuable. We don't take work for granted or feel entitled. But that is another entire post on that last sentence!!!!!! I won't go there today!
I will be interested to see how you tackle BOOTCAMP- like a pro I am sure!

KMOM- Loved reading about the life of you with your special daughter. It did give me pause when I read it. How many times as mom's have our kids tried to talk to us and we are distracted and not into it? I am guilty of yea yea yea ok. But with a "hand" speaking SD you HAVE to stop what you are doing and PAY ATTENTION. Thanks for a glimpse into your life!
--------------------------------------------------------
I am curious to google Leeann's Tigger/ Eyore quiz! Such good thinks to thing about have been written by all of you yesterday! Love some good meaty reading!

Yesterday- was well up and down for me!
I will TIGGER like start with the good:
Ava that little stinker- has quite the reputation for "wanting to do her own thing". She hates confinement. They bundle her up like a burrito to keep her hand from pulling out all her tubes. No it doesn't last, she wiggles and wiggles and wiggles until she can poke her hand up and out- and then all bets are off.
I had to laugh- I saw it! The nurse said she is feisty and keeps them busy. She then looked at my DD and said- you are going to have to watch this one! She will be a handful someday! YAY- go AVA!!!!

My DD loved the sleepers and everything!
I got to spend some good time with the grandson. He is talking and repeating EVERYTHING! I MEAN EVERYTHING. Gigi - had to watch my mouth!

So the not so great:
My DD wanted me to take GS to lunch- Wendy's. I could roll with that, unless burger. So the set up- we finish lunch and are walking toward the door. I have the tray in one hand and am reaching to take Noahs hand.
In a split second- his foot goes from carpet to greasy/wet tiled floor. He hits the tile face first- with a blood curling scream. The second later I go to grab him only to slip in the same grease on the floor and landed HARD on my right hip!
He is now screaming and bleeding from a fat lip- I am on the floor afraid I have broken something because of instant pain myself. Plus the tray went flying.
All this happened in a second. Do you think anybody from behind the counter did anything?????

Some guy standing in line came straight over to help my GS- I am still laying on the floor. I told the guy to get the manager. Who slowly walks over- stands over my and asks if I need anything??? WTHELLO?!?!?!?!? I was still on the FLOOR. I assessed I was ok to get up- but was limping. I had to get to see my GS. I took him to the bathroom to clean up the blood off his face.

After I came out- I went up to the counter and ask to speak to the manager again. So he comes to the counter and asks what I want. I said a copy of your incident report. He said he didn't write one. I said I wanted one. So he brings ME the paper work- and states he doesn't know how to fill it out or what he was supposed to do. Can you all picture this. So I am now filling out paper work- with a screaming toddler on the "other hip".

Whew- so I text my DD - to meet me back at the house. She is unfazed by the big lip and says he gets them all the time. I say my good byes and head out.

Meanwhile on the drive back I am having shooting pains from the hip I fell on. I did find a urgent care in route back home to get an x-ray. NOTHING broken. However lots of swelling the doctor said to expect for a few days.
I am in an EYORE mood today. I am during my hip- grateful nothing broke and irritated at the lack of concern by the staff there.

I will be fine- I am taking today to just chill. I am not even going to the like I need to. I am raiding my freezer and will end up with a chicken stir fry and cali- rice and call it a day.
Laundry and puttering are in order. I will recharge- much needed.

And that was my eventful day. I swear- drama seems to follow me, and it's draining.

But let me end on a positive! I will mend, be on plan, and move on.
OH another thing I am going to do today........ give one last ditch effort to online dating. So I am going to go with the one that takes time to get to know someone- before you meet. It is a longer process but more meaningful. Not a hook up site. So sorta ready to give that one last whirl. This site is not cheap either- as BLUE said, ya get what you pay for! So of course I picked the most $$$$$$!

Ok - have a great day all
  #193   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 08:26

BF:

Jaz you need to call the corporate office, fax them a copy of the incident report and give your true report on how the manager was useless. Without a doubt UNLESS you report this to corporate NO one will be the wiser this manager should not be a manager. Do the right thing and take this one step further.

SO glad you are not hurt and he didn't get worse, but you might, so be sure to take this one step further. It will help others also.

wow what a day!
  #194   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 15:49

BF:

Trig- I could not agree with you more. I am still having moving issues related to yesterday- and unable to move in certain ways. I have elevated this issue to a point that trust me they will know. And at this point that is all I am allowed to say. Other than - yes- agreed- elevated. Not about any money- could care less. Principle- and to feel good again, maybe some PT- need a real check up. not a urgent care. Still pain. Just thankful nothing broken! OMG- So thinking about stuff like that now- no 20 anymore! HAAHAHAH

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Oct-01-17 at 15:55.
  #195   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 19:11

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---So sorry to hear about your fall and Noah's fat lip. But those little ones tend to bounce up and out of these things in no time at all. Unlike we older ones.

I totally agree w/Trig and glad to hear you do to. Part of it is definitely setting up procedures to see this doesn't happen again to others. That said, accidents do happen, and the response of the so called "manager" was dismal to say the least.

This company needs your feed back to know they have not trained their people properly, which is my guess. They stand to lose a lot in law suits if they don't improve this. But like you said, it's not about the money, it's about the principle. It is their property and their management and they're going to have to answer to it. And I just bet they do, big time, where you're concerned.

I learned a long time ago that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. In caring for both my elderly parents in their many hospitalizations I sure learned this lesson well.

My guess is you bruised your hip, and maybe badly. I did that once w/my tail bone and it took a couple of weeks for the discomfort to go away.

Trigger---I do get the biggest kick out of hearing about the kiddo as she makes her way into the teens. Oh, the memories this brings back. And if you get a motley crew of them begging you with all the charm they possess and often release only in a call to their cause, good luck!

But you gotta pick your battles, particularly if you have a strong willed child, and darlin' I think you do. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and all that. I found sometimes I was too eager to issue an edict, based on how I was raised, and believe me, my son always had a nose for that.

Good news is I too was a strong willed child---my mother could barely contain her mirth at seeing me face the same---and it has certainly served me well in many ways as an adult. AND, there have been many lessons for me that my mother couldn't teach me about when to keep your strong willed mouth shut. It helps to remember we can't teach them everything. Some of it has to be done by life.

Lori---I'm feelin' for you going back to boot camp tomorrow. But I have and instinct you'll do better than you think, and yes, hurt afterwards. Some of my best and most surprising great work outs, were when I'd been away from it for awhile and let everything rest.

K-mom---Still going at the water hard. Sunday, 5/3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was gloomy and cold and rainy and I loved it. Made it the perfect day to cozy up and stay inside. Hubby has been gone all weekend again, so I just putzed around and did whatever I darn pleased.

What I really loved about today, is it was so quiet. Other than a GREAT phone confab w/my kid, I don't think I spoke a word. That is sometimes such a relief, and I really understand when Jaz says she get's peopled out. I do too, and particularly lately, as I need quiet and time to reflect more now than usual.

Don't get me wrong, I love the people I love, and I am a social person when it suits me or when I have to be. But a day to oneself, peaceful and quiet, is some of the best medicine I know to gear up for days that can't be like that, and you wouldn't want all your days to be like that.

Totally on plan today. LOL, I really scared myself Friday night. I am in total good brownie mode.
Closed Thread