Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#511   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 04:49
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Wow matlock! What an accomplishment!! You have lost 145 pounds

Isn't that the best feeling realizing you are going 10-15-20 years back in terms of size?

I am my junior year in college size now.
Sponsored Links
  #512   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 04:52
Triple digit loss

BF:
Thumbs up

Okay on vacation I loved the fact that I was able to sleep in a queen size bed and have enough room to be comfortable flip over with my hubby next to me

No more having to have a king bed when going on vacation!
  #513   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 12:43
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

I've been up and down the stairs to the basement 4 or 5 times today .. and out to the garden in the back. We have two acres .. that is long rather than wide and I've been out to the end and back more this summer than the other 4 summers we have been here put together. I like to move. I used to plan a trip inside the house or somewhere outside to minimize the physical effort. I don't do that any more and just get up and go.
  #514   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 13:28
Triple digit loss

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummelda
I've been up and down the stairs to the basement 4 or 5 times today .. and out to the garden in the back. We have two acres .. that is long rather than wide and I've been out to the end and back more this summer than the other 4 summers we have been here put together. I like to move. I used to plan a trip inside the house or somewhere outside to minimize the physical effort. I don't do that any more and just get up and go.

Isn't that fantastic! I use to plan trips up and down steps. Now I am still racing the dogs up them. I say Shadow Zoe who is going ot beat momma up the steps. And i take off running for them and run up them and the dogs follow. Zoe tends to beat me cause she cheats she does double steps instead of single. She is bery naturally athletic dog!

And the kicker, I am not out of breath! I am okay I cold do that again!
  #515   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 20:08
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

The stair thing is a big one for me, too. Not long ago, if I walked down stairs and had forgotten something upstairs - it had to be pretty darn important if I was going to go back upstairs and get it. More often than not, what ever it was did not justify a return trip. Now I don't even think twice about it. Back upstairs I go. My kids have said that they can't tell it is me going up the stairs anymore. I trot up and down so fast they think it is one of their sisters -- not me. It is amazing how we get more liberated every day with this way of eating.
  #516   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 20:51
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Quote:
It is amazing how we get more liberated every day with this way of eating.
Liberated... I love that word .. it is so true!
  #517   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 21:11

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
Wow matlock! What an accomplishment!! You have lost 145 pounds

Isn't that the best feeling realizing you are going 10-15-20 years back in terms of size?

I am my junior year in college size now.

YAY YOU, Lovinta!!!! You have lost a LOT!!! Yahoo!!!!! Excellent work!!!
  #518   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-14, 06:32
Triple digit loss

BF:

Aw... Thanks Jamackarch!
  #519   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-14, 06:32
Triple digit loss

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummelda
Liberated... I love that word .. it is so true!

Here Here I agree great way of putting it!
  #520   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-14, 09:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/257/210 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress: 55%

I love the fact that last September I was shopping and couldn't resist buying about $350 worth of Polo shirts/pants(who doesn't love a good sale). Anyway, none of the stuff fit me, but I said by next September it would fit. Well, I am happy to report by early August I am enjoying my new wardrobe. It feels great!

Chris
  #521   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-14, 00:38

Plan: Less than 30g carbs
Stats: 349/286.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I keep coming back to this thread and it always makes me smile. Well done to everyone, you're all inspirational to me! x
  #522   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-14, 05:00
Triple digit loss

BF:
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs__74
I love the fact that last September I was shopping and couldn't resist buying about $350 worth of Polo shirts/pants(who doesn't love a good sale). Anyway, none of the stuff fit me, but I said by next September it would fit. Well, I am happy to report by early August I am enjoying my new wardrobe. It feels great!

Chris

Ha! Oh that is so wonderful I love it. Yeah you can't resist a good sale. Especially on clothes you want to wear.

You should put up a pick sporting your new polos!

Doing the happy dancing with you!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<happy Dance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  #523   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-14, 16:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulder
I keep coming back to this thread and it always makes me smile. Well done to everyone, you're all inspirational to me! x

LIKE button!
  #524   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-14, 16:51

BF:

Sooooo...it's cleaning out closets/drawers day...Fall is here and winter soon to follow.

I am pretty excited to report that my D-bras are packed up for good will. I am wearing my only good C-bra (the other one, I pulled the underwire out months ago, because it was so uncomfortable. Shortly thereafter, I went for a fitting- that's when I found out I had grown into D. That really should have been my turning point. It wasn't though. I was in an interesting denial: "My boobs are getting bigger somehow, but the rest of me is exactly the same!" ...NOT!

Anyway, being a "large chested woman" was fun for a while, but I am really excited to get "my" little boobies back. Exquisite Miniatures- that's where I'm headed.

What do I like about 13 pounds off? I like that I am feeling more and more like MYSELF.

I read on here that some of the individuals who have always been big/heavy have a tough time accepting the new smaller/lighter person in the mirror as themselves, and that makes sense. In the same way, people who haven't "always been fat", like me, have the opposite problem: we can't accept the fat reality and we keep thinking we are just fine, when we are most certainly not.

Yeah. Getting back to ME. THAT is what I like best so far.
Jammie
  #525   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-14, 07:54
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I've done a lot of sorting through clothes in recent days, too. Most of what I own no longer fits and I've filled two trash bags and several donation boxes. I love all the space this is freeing up in my bedroom! 4X & 3X clothes take up a lot of space! I sorted what I have left into what fits now and what I will soon fit. Once I lose another 50 (or so) I will be left with almost nothing to wear and will have to do some shopping.

A funny thing happened the other day. I've been holding off buying new clothes as I transition from huge me to no longer obese me. I've had plenty of smaller clothes just waiting for me to get small enough for me to use them. Plus, I hate the idea of buying something new and having to donate it a month or two later. I have no problem buying Goodwill or yard sale clothes if I am lacking in any particular thing. The one problem with my plan is underwear. My tank size briefs are feeling more like loose fitting boxers and I am nearing a size where they won't stay up anymore. I was out walking the other day and my undies fell down inside my shorts! What a weird feeling. Luckily there was nobody nearby and I was able to discretely reach down and yank the up. Anyway - it looks like I just might have to deviate from the plan and buy some new underwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
I read on here that some of the individuals who have always been big/heavy have a tough time accepting the new smaller/lighter person in the mirror as themselves, and that makes sense. In the same way, people who haven't "always been fat", like me, have the opposite problem: we can't accept the fat reality and we keep thinking we are just fine, when we are most certainly not.

I've experienced both sides of that. I was always heavy as a teenager and, like most, was self conscious about my weight. In my early 20's, I lost a lot of weight dieting, jogging, and lifting weights. I eventually got into "6 pack abs" shape. But I still had the "I'm fat" mindset and did not like going without a shirt for a long time. Exercising my butt off, I kept the weight off for several years and eventually lost that "fat" mindset. Then I got married, got a desk job, and started gaining weight again. My new "skinny" mindset stuck around for a long time, too. I would go without a shirt well after I had stuff hanging out all over the place. I eventually became self conscious again and stopped "letting it all hang out." It is funny how the brain works sometimes. Anyway, I did learn a lesson from it all about how my head works. I'll keep that in mind when I reach goal this time.

Last edited by khrussva : Wed, Oct-01-14 at 09:33.