Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach (new)
Stats: 223/205/140 Female 5 feet six inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Talking Finally!

After not losing for the first 6-8 weeks on Atkins, I am finally getting the hang of it! I am losing about a half a pound a week and I feel fantastic! This is definitley the plan for me. Thanks to all of you who listened to me whine about not losing for the first month. It was worth waiting for. Cheryl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 17:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/147/120
BF:
Progress: 10%
Wink Any tips??

Hi there...I too havent lost anything and Im 4 1/2 weeks into atkins. Its so frustrating. I did add some carbs last week to see if it helps. Ive gotten some advice to try to nix dairy and nuts. If I do that...what would I eat!? LC veggies and meat? yuck...not sure I could do it. Any tips you have would be welcomed greatly!!

Thanks.
Yvette
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 05:31
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach (new)
Stats: 223/205/140 Female 5 feet six inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

I stopped taking my hormones and withdrew from caffeine and it was still a while before I started losing. For me, I have to keep the ratio of fat to protein up, AND I can't eat too many calories. I keep my calories around 1700 right now and I am losing a half a pound a week. I have 2 oz of cream cheese with splenda, vanilla or almond extract, and a few nuts. Sometimes, I mix unsweetened cocoa in if I want something chocolate. I usually have that for breakfast. I have a physical with my doctor on the 20th. I weighed 210 at my last one, but lost 30 just by exercise and low cal. When I got stuck there, at 180 was when i started Atkins. Now, I know this is the way for me to go. I feel so good and have so much energy. I run three times a week, 3 miles and do about 240 crunches on the days i dont' run. I am getting leaner. For example, yesterday this is what I ate:

2 hard boiled eggs and two ounces of cheddar for Breakfast.

10 hot wings for lunch, celery and bleu cheese

2 oz cream cheese with splenda, vanilla, pecans

hamburger fried with onion and garlic, baby patty pan/yellow/zuchinni (from my garden), topped with some shredded cheddar for dinner

one ounce nuts (almonds and pecans) for a snack

I have found that eating too much cheese or too many macadamia nuts (i think it is all the salt in them) slows me down.

All I can say is keep at it, eventually it becomes routine. My friends cannot believe I can go without bread and pasta, but I have been able to stick with this plan. Good luck. Cheryl
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 10:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/147/120
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking Hi Cheryl

Thanks for the tips. Im gonna keep on truckin. Something has to happen soon. Im still not sure why Im not losing after 4 weeks, but Im gonna keep trying.