Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-01-06, 18:56

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 184/155/134 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 58%
Question Am I the only turtle left here?

I have been looking on this forum now for some time trying to find something to help myself ...I have not seen any new posts in some time on (turtles) ... so I decided to post this one in hopes to get some ideas as to what my trouble is...
I am at my wits end... I have been doing Atkins since January at first I thought all was well I lost 8 pounds then that was it... I have lost inches am wearing cloths that I could not wear in January. I have not cheated... I am also in ketoses. I did Atkins many years ago and lost easy all that I needed to... at the time... and I stayed on the Atkins for years, and did great! But as the low fat diet came in... I changed to that and then was on a roller coaster ride trying everything... I don't feel that I have candida I am exercising 5 times a week at least 1 hour or more. I am at my wits end as to what to try, I am now doing the egg and meat fast and have been for11 days without any weight loss ... at this time I am not on any medications... How ever I have been in the past... Sooooo I don't feel that, that has anything to do with it ... if anyone as anything to say I want to hear it. If there is someone else who is in the same place I am, I want to hear it. I need to know what is going on with me. I feel great and look better but I have to see the scales start to move. I am way over weight... I hold it well, but still over weight... Any one got any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-02-06, 20:46

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Lightbulb

I'm also a Turtle, I am a very slow loser. I feel for you, I got on a major stall last time and ended up giving it up. I won't do that again, but they say if you are losing inches then you are not on a true stall. I have heard many ways to shock your body off the stall. For some people, if you shake up your carbs a little everyday that shakes it loose. Like going higher one day and really low the next so your body doesn't know what to expect. Drink lots of water, that's something I fall down on personally. I have had to increase the intensity of my workouts, I have lost inches, but I'm not sure about pounds since I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks. Be patient as long as you are following the program you should start losing again. Judy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 06:27

BF:

Oh thank you Judy for your thoughts ... I have been hearing that from others, so it has got to be right! I went off the m/e fast yesterday and went back on to Akins just yesterday... I was in ketoses all day because I checked a lot! LOL Any way this morning I lost 1 hold pound. and still in deep ketoses... Oh I hope it keeps it up I do lots of exercise each day and now that the weather is nice here in California I am working in my yard, a lot of hard winter cleanup. So I hope there will be some change now ... I won't quit cause like you said you know when you are losing inches but after so long a time and no weight gone not any ... then you begin to second guess yourself, even when you can see the difference in yourself. Thank you so much for your thoughts I appreciate them so very much. It is always so good to hear from someone who has or is going thru the same thing. I hope when you weigh in that you have lost too! Cause as you know it feels so good to see even 1 pound gone. I wish you had a journal come by and see me in mine...I would love to keep up with what is going on with you... so any time you would like to up date me on your progress I would love to know. JJ
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 09:42

Cool

Hi JJ Terry, Well yesterday I stayed way under 20 carbs, Today I will probably raise it a bit. I think I might have lost a couple in the last couple of days because my clothing is not quite as snug, I probably won't weigh my self until Sunday. I don't like to weigh in too often because I just get angry and impatient, it's probably a copout but it works better for me. It sounds to me like you are staying on program, but I'm with you I'd like to lose a little faster. Yesterday I mowed my lawn, just a basic mower nothing fancy, and we have almost an acre so that was physical exercise. All we can ever do is our best and hopefully we will finally get there, Blessings, Judy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 20:48

BF:
Thumbs up

Judy good for you with your staying low on the low carbs. so well... I'm sure it will pay off big for you. You know it already has cause you can feel it in your cloths : I got to give it to you that you only weight every 2 weeks that is so good! Me I have my scales setting by the refrigerator in the kitchen and the old ones are setting in the bathroom still! LOL and I get on them all thru the day it can be very depressing! I ate more today I hope it will be okay after being on the M/E fast it was a big difference.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-04-06, 14:34

BF:

I loss 2 more pounds this morning so the m/e fat must have paid off because I am lossing now... If I can just keep it up. After all this time I needed so bad to see something happen.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 08:52

Lightbulb

You know I have read up on the meat and fat fast and I think I'm going to try it for a week. I have got nothing to lose but pounds. Congratulations on losing a couple of pounds. For people like us that lose like turtles a couple of pounds is monumental.Way To Go . My family is collectively having coronarys because of my decision to fast on meat and fat, they are all convinced Mom has finally lost her marbles.(LOL) I love shocking my kids, it"s kind of a payback for what they put me through when they were teens. I will let you know if I have lost anything after I weigh myself, keep your fingers crossed. When I was younger person I remember I used to weigh myself 10 times a day, I was really addicted to the scale. It was totally frustrating because the stupid needle hardly ever moved(HAHA). Hope you have a great day, Judy
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 09:17

Plan: Good Carbs - YOU Diet
Stats: 234/205/170 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 45%

I'm a slow loser too. I lost much more quickly in the past when I was on Atkins. I really don't know why this time is different. I have lost only 11.5 pounds since March 1, but I have been losing more in inches.

I just started level 1 of the '72 Atkins on Monday, which is essentially like a meat & egg fast. The scales are starting to creep down some now.

Just hang in there and be persistent!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 14:17

BF:

Judy ... I guess I am a kid at heart cause I use the scale to much! It really is depressing too. I don't know why I do it I should try to weight at least once a week. I feel that the m/e fast did kick start something in me ... I would try it again at some point it is not that bad after you get started. And I don't think it hurts you at all.

Gina ... thanks for the encouraging words ... it sounds like you are doing just great wish I was losing that fast. You go girl!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 14:51

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 255/234/165 Female 6'2
BF:
Progress: 23%

You know this is going to sound awful but it worked. I ate like crap all weekend and then returned to induction. Started losing right away. Of course if you do this repeatedly like me (falling off the wagon) it does not work anymore.

J
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 15:17

Plan: Good Carbs - YOU Diet
Stats: 234/205/170 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 45%

If I ever start eating the crap, I can't STOP eating it!! I'm the kind of person who doesn't eat just one small bag of M&M's. I go buy the 1-pounder and eat until I am physically ill! How insance is that? "Just a taste" of sugar is never enough for me.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 18:26

Lightbulb

I've been faithful and have stuck to meat and fat all day, the thing I notice is I'm tired today. Not horribly so, but enough so I have noticed. I got up and forced myself into physical activity and it seems to help. I'm hoping it kicks my metabolism in the rear and I start losing again. 11.5 is an impressive weightloss Way To Go . I can also undrstand and sympathize with you on starting to eat crap. I love chips, be it potato or corn and can demolish a large bag without blinking(OUCH). Actually I'm feeling a little less tired now so maybe tomorrow will be better. JJ Terry I know what you mean about that scale, I used to be a little neurotic about it. I finally just got disqusted with the thing and hid it under my bed. I'm glad your weight is down a little, keep up the good work and before you know it you'll have made goal weight.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 20:27

BF:

Thanks Born2run ...I really needed that break after all that time. about your being tired bet tomorrow you will be feeling good.JJ
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-06-06, 09:49

Thumbs up

After all that talk about scales I decided to weigh myself this morning, I am down 3 pounds. I couldn't believe it, so I got off to make sure the scale is calibrated right and it was. I am really in shock, I haven't lost in quite awhile. So far this morning I am not tired maybe maybe my body needed to get used to consuming only meat and fat . Anyway Have a Great day. Judy
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-06-06, 19:47

BF:
Thumbs up You go girl!

Judy good for you! Congradulations! I am sooooo happy for you now if we can just keep at a steady loss! Hey I had to laugh about the scales!