Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 23:19

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%
Default One Sweatin' Oldie........

Okay, exercise is a new venture for me, so here goes. If I have a log to keep track, maybe it will motivate me to do some everyday.
My first thing was,,,I bought a Richard Simmons DVD,,,Sweatin to the Oldies 3...and cracked up the first time I watched it..and the second,,and the third. But then when I saw the folks success stories on the end of it,,well, the guy that lost 704 pounds put me to shame!! So, one morning I got up and put on my sweats, and tennis shoes,,and moved the furniture in the family room. I could not believe it when it was over and I had done the whole workout!!!! NONSTOP!! Of course, I was having a meltdown afterwards, but I felt GREAT!! And so proud!
Well, that was two weeks ago, and I am still doing them 3 times a week, walking on alternate days. I can tell a difference too . This time the inches are coming off in all the right places. I have been back on Lc for about 6 weeks, and have already gone down two dress sizes! Dont know about the weight, as I am not weighing right now. Dont need that discouragement if its coming off slow.
But needless to say,,this grandmother of 13 is proud of herself!! And today, I started using weights. Just two pounds, but ya gotta start off slow!
I'll be postiing!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 03:28

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

forget about that guy -- you're putting ME to shame Grandma of 13 can get her bootie moving, what's my excuse

WTG on the exercise --
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 04:19

Plan: Lowcarb paleo/HCG
Stats: 334/319/170 Female 63.5 inches
BF:54%
Progress: 9%

WoW! You've inspired me! I don't know if you're still working out with Richard but I'd bought a few tapes to use and haven't. I'd been walking outside, but it got a little colder, so I just quit moving altogether. Grandma to how many? What was my excuse again? Keep up the good work musicmama!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 00:29

As a matter of fact, I havent been sweatin too much lately!! I fell off the wagon for a while, but am back to it now, with a new determination. I went to the doctor for a complete check up and blood work too, found out I am perfectly healthy, and there is no reason for me not to exercise. So, I bought another DVD so I can switch off, and Im going to do the Walk Off the Pounds by Leslie Sansone too, that way I wont get bored. So, come on along, ...its gonna be fun...
Altogether now,,,,lets,,,,sweat ,,,,again!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/191/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Exercise is great! Keep doing it and you will feel SO much better!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 13:25

I know!! I was amazed at the difference when I was exercising regularly!! I was walking too, with my DH at night, but Ihate cold weather so will opt for the inside walking tapes till spring!