Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 11:47

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Unhappy A stall or NOT a stall... that is *certainly* the question!

I've been doing pretty good, and not stressing over not losing quite as fast as I did during Induction (13 lbs I think for that?). I've been fluctuating between 180 and 184 for the past month now. Of course, according to the general rule - lose 10% of what you need to lose in Induction, then 5% thereafter. My total to lose when I started was 66lbs so about 6lbs during Induction. I totally went way past that - 13 lbs, so that's good Then the 5% is what you have *left* to lose I am assuming? Since I have 45lbs left now to lose, I should be losing about 4lbs this month, right? Yes, I have been losing inches since I've been able to wear smaller clothes, but I do like to see the *other* numbers go down steadily, as well. I'm just wondering if I would be considered in a stall or not? I wish the scale would stop teasing me with that 180 and go on down to it already and get past it to the 170s I also read the post about whooses and the possible link to them and TOM. I'm in TOM right now so when it's over, I'll see if Aunt Flo's Sister Whoosh will come to visit! Now, *that* would be AWESOME! <---- Bill Engvall reference there for anyone who knows who that is
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 13:07

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

Technically no you're not in a stall. A full fledged stall is 4 weeks (or more) without losing weight or inches. So since you're still losing inches, if not pounds, you're not stalled per say. I know that doesn't lessen your frustration, but try to look at the positive. You are losing inches which is great! The scale will eventually have no choice but to cooperate, & show those inches are gone. Try not to get discouraged. I know it's difficult; I'm having the same problem myself. I've been bouncing around 141-145. Today I was back down to 141 after gaining pre-TOM. As it's now my TOM also, I'm hoping the loss will continue. We all go through mini-stalls, which is what I'd call what we're going through, the important thing is to stay focused & stick with it. I obsess a little over what the scale says, but size it what it really boils down to for me. I don't care too much about what my end weight is, if I can be a size 6 again. Which it looks like my goal weight is too much for that to happen, so I'm focusing more now on size instead of weight. Be patient, & I'll try to do the same. I know we'll get there eventually if we don't give up. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 13:57

BF:

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not really obsessing, more like observing - I really think it's the TOM talking anyway It's one of those "I know it'll happen, I just hate being patient!" things right now :LOL: I'll be so glad to hit those 170s though!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 14:41
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Quote:
I'll be so glad to hit those 170s though!

You will!
You ARE patient and you are doing so great....sometimes even the most patient lowcarber gets a little....
Keeping fingers crossed for your whoosh!
A
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 15:04

BF:

And you better believe EVERYONE will hear about it when I reach those 170s! hehehe
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 15:25

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

I'm pretty sure you're not in a stall, Jamie. You're just excited and anxious to lose. We ALL are!

Here's a great thread to help people decide courtesy of the lovely Karen: Are You Really a Turtle?