Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 05:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/172/112 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Carbo disaster!

Hi
I have been doing fine on the Atkins plan but yesterday I blew it with a carbo splurge!!! I did not really have too much if I count up the calories but I have put on 3 pounds this morning!!!!! Hopefully this will come off quickly now that I have regained my sanity. Anyone else have a similar weight gain?How long did it take you to take the weight back off?Any suggestions how I can prevent my carbo splurge happening again?
Best Wishes to all of you lo carbers out there
Liz
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 05:16

Plan: Atkins & Hypnosis
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 63 inches
BF:not a clue!
Arrow splurge

Oh, I've had my splurges. All summer!!
Now I'm back to induction and I'm sure to take my supplements
especially the chromium, it really helps with the carb cravings.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 05:26
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Lightbulb The Important thing is...

Liz, and others in a similiar situation, I think the important thing is, to get back on the boat, so to speak and not desert the ship just because you had a carb disaster day. How it affects one,depends on the individual I would think, and where you are at in the program... there will always be those times where the day was not perfect... because ppl aren't fail-proof. I think that going back to whatever LC plan it is that you have chosen is the smartest choice, and not saying... here is proof I am a failure, I will always be fat...yadda yadda yadda... One moment, or even a few of weakness does not determine a failure... as the saying went... I may have lost the battle, but I have not lost the war... get back up and dust yourself off and forgive yourself... and do what you should be doing, instead of beating yourself up, singing the blues... Am I making any sense?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 07:14

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

The good news is that I doubt you put on 3 pounds of fat overnight, it is probably water retention and just un-processed food. The bad news is you probably did mess up your ketosis, and it will take a few days to get back into it. You will probably have cravings for the next few days - just keep firm and stick with the plan that you know works for you. You can do it!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 07:20
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
how I can prevent my carbo splurge happening again?

There's a couple of GREAT "stickies" at the top of the Confessions Booth sub-forum called "before you cheat" and "after you cheat", and I highly suggest you read those. I even recommend you print out the "before" post and stick it on your fridge!!

Don't worry about it too much....consider it a lesson learned and move on!!

Have a great LC day!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 15:52

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%

I agree that the 3 lbs is probably water weight. To put on 3 pounds, you would have to eat an extra 10,500 cals (3500 cals to put on single pound) ... and I doubt that you did that!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 10:13

Stats: 172/172/112 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Smile

Hi
Thanks for the replies. I have lost 2 pounds of the 3 pounds gained. Thank goodness!!Must have been mostly fluid retention right enough!

Hopefully the other pound will come off soon.

Liz