Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 16:41
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins so far
Stats: 398/358/200 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Guilty as chewed...

I finally, after 6 months, cheated with a bowl of soup. A well deserved uncontrolable cheat. Panera breads brocolli and cheese soup and scrape of wonderful baggette with lots of butter. It took me half an hour to eat the bread, and longer for the soup! Now I feel like, what is going to happen? Will I need another five days of very limited carbs to get back to ketosis? How long will I slide the slippery slope of guilty pleasure? Dumb, huh? Catholic Irish friggin' guilt.....just thought I'd vent and will need to tie my hands or duck tape my mouth or something because I cannot afford a 30 gram little piece of really good bread, torn off and buttered well, then dunked into this perfection of hot steamy brocolli cheese soup....I'm better now, thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 17:08

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

YOU GO TO HELL! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!

/Mr. Garrison

That being said, keep in mind that at Panera you're eating canned soup. There are a lot of good LC broccoli cheese soup recipes out there. Think of what you CAN eat, not what you CAN'T eat.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 17:34
Registered Member

BF:
Default Mean and insensitive huh?

Your a tad over the kind word of "mean", probably leaning towards institutionalized rage...go to hell and die? Jeezes girl, get a grip, it's just friggin soup. Actually, the bread was the focus here, you might be wasting your support here...maybe limiting yourself to this group is better served in the "war" groups......hmmmmm?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 17:44
Registered Member

BF:

...oh, and yes, you scared the bejeezes out me with your very scary threat of demise...congratulations on your shock treatment, so have you, by any chance, a lot of facial and tounge piercings too?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 17:46

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I think she was teasing about that, there is a joke there.

But on the other point she was right, think of what you can eat, not what you can't eat. Can't make bread (yucky, changed of tastes) but you could make an awsome cheesy brocolii soup.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 17:59
Registered Member

BF:

My son owns 4 star restaurants and yes, I can make a killer soup, as does he, but, Panera Bread soup is just excellent and convenient and a treat for me, don't care if in a "can" or not....and as far as kidding is concerned, I did not get the joke, and I truely am a great joker myself...my hair was standing on end!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 18:07

BF:

If that was all there was, was 30grams of carbs, on occasion, it won't hurt any. Some say a small cheat meal is ok, I kinda ride the fence on that one.

Glad it was good though, I'd hate to cheat on something that wasn't worth it
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 18:59

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezi
I finally, after 6 months, cheated with a bowl of soup. A well deserved uncontrolable cheat. Panera breads brocolli and cheese soup and scrape of wonderful baggette with lots of butter. It took me half an hour to eat the bread, and longer for the soup! Now I feel like, what is going to happen? Will I need another five days of very limited carbs to get back to ketosis? How long will I slide the slippery slope of guilty pleasure? Dumb, huh? Catholic Irish friggin' guilt.....just thought I'd vent and will need to tie my hands or duck tape my mouth or something because I cannot afford a 30 gram little piece of really good bread, torn off and buttered well, then dunked into this perfection of hot steamy brocolli cheese soup....I'm better now, thanks for listening!

The other poster was definitely joking -- notice the grin, like so: Also, that was a South Park reference, a quote by "Mr. Garrison". also noted. I don't watch the show, I just googled it.

It sounds like you had a treat, enjoyed it and not may or may not find it to be problematical. How do you answer your own question? Are you now on a slippery slope?

Personally, I never think in terms of cheating, which implies dieting to me. I'm in this for life and as such have my ups and downs in terms of healthy eating.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-12, 03:19

Plan: sort ofatkins
Stats: 205/144/140 Female 5;6
BF:
Progress: 94%

OHH dont let a bowl of soup and bread make you feel bad,,gosh ive certainly eaten worse,lol..
As for the the quote above it was certainly a joke..its like something i would say..I was bought up catholic and im irish and the guilt it can leave you with is extreme....i knew it well,,i dont have it anymore,,,kick it to the curb and enjoy..
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-12, 10:36
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

That was definitely a quote in response to your Irish Catholic guilt, however if you didn't have a frame of reference I can see that it would seem odd.

So, forgive and forget, or something along those lines.

How's it going with the post indulgence craves?
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-12, 10:57
Registered Member

BF:

South Park? Ok, I understand now...clearly took MandalayVA as a stab to the flab...I can go to hell now and die with my brocolli soup and baggette as BRIBERY for low carb home made soups....I think I'm embarrassed now for not "getting it"....will watch South Park a little more and laugh at myself!! Thanks everyone....including MandalayVA
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-12, 11:47

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezi
South Park? Ok, I understand now...clearly took MandalayVA as a stab to the flab...I can go to hell now and die with my brocolli soup and baggette as BRIBERY for low carb home made soups....I think I'm embarrassed now for not "getting it"....will watch South Park a little more and laugh at myself!! Thanks everyone....including MandalayVA

(bows modestly)

(also Irish Catholic)

(I thought everyone watched South Park)
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-12, 18:58

BF:

I don't watch South Park, I find it filthy, nasty and avoid it. That and we don't have cable But the rest of you carry on with your South Park viewing.

I'm intrested also, how are the cravings after your soup and bread? Its hard for many of us to get back on track after an adulgance, thats why we are asking. I get awful cravings after I indulge, can take several days to get it under control.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-12, 08:36
Registered Member

BF:

I worried for nothing, just carried on as usual and kept the guilt in a box on top of the fridge...LOL. The soup was 12 carbs the white BAGGETTE WAS 25...so 37 carbs for total that day, hate to say it, but I lost 2 pounds unless it takes a week to show up? I will have the soup again, but will saute' my 3 carb bread into cubes nice and crunchy then sprinkle atop the hot soup... for a total of 15 carbs...