Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 22:57
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein!!
Stats: -/-/- Female 162 cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 1600%
Thumbs up Hello from Australia!!

Hi! This is my first post here, so I guess I'll introduce myself.

My name is Elizabeth, I'm turning 17 in May and I started Schwarzbein in January.

I have had trouble with my weight all my life. Though not overweight, my friends were always thinner than me, making me feel weird. Also when in primary school I was bulied badly over my weight even though I wasn't that big. So in early highschool I started skipping breakfast, tried Atkins and weght watchers. Then when I was 14 I starved myself outright for 2 months, and wrecked my metabolism. My periods became irregular, I gained back the weight, and felt worse. I started getting more and more fatigued. Tried weight watchers again, and starvation. Things got worse.

Then in February of 2005 I started weight watchers intensley. I was RELIGIOUS about it, counting every gram of food I ate. I though I was doing the healthy thing by eating oats, no-fat artificially sweetened yogurt, and fruit for breakfast. My periods stopped completely. I lost weight slower than my post-menopausal mother, who often "cheated' on butter and healthy oils. Finally I stopped losing altogether and started taking thyroid medicine (though my blood levels never fell below low-normal) as my health had majorly decreased, to the extent that I couldn't cope with school and I had to start homeschooling. I developed CFS, or chronic fatigue syndrome.

Then, while in America visiting family, my aunty gave the SP book to my Mom, and she made me look at it. At the time I read it I was thin, for me (size 4 american pants, about 120 something pounds) , bright yellow from too many carrots, and eating apples all day to try and satisfy hunger which would never go away. I started reading the book and OVERNIGHT my entire philosophy on food changed.

Now I'm eating balanced meals and am dealing with the fact that I can't fit into barely any of my pants any more. I have burned out adrenals, but am insulin sensitive. I don't know how much weight I've gained exactly, but it's not so much that I'm overweight, more than I would like... anyway I'm fine with it most of the time, my body is healing. I can feel it, and my period came back for the first time in over a year, only three weeks after I started the program!! I jumped for joy. I'm looking forward to a healthy future, thank GOD I was given this book when I was, who knows how much longer I would have spent starving myself to death.

Thanks for listening, I'm so glad there is a place people doing Schwarzbein can talk!! See you around!!

Elizabeth
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 14:04
Organic Lifestyle

Plan: SBP (Organic & Balanced)
Stats: 165/135/130 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 86%

Elizabeth,
Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad that you have started to heal yourself and work on creating new habits that will be healthy for the rest of your life. SP is great. You are right that the progress may be slower than some of the other things you have tried, but it all depends on your definition of progress too. It sounds like your body is telling you that you have gained a lot of ground even if it isn't about losing a size.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 19:09
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein!!
Stats: -/-/- Female 162 cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 1600%

Thanks Articat
The encouragemen helps, it's hard to see yourself healing through all the hype about how bad it is to gain weight. But getting the right colour back in my skin, and starting my cycle again... that tells me I'm on the right track.

I'm glad to be here with you kind people!