Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 23:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279.2/234/140 Female 5'2''
BF:decreasing
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Leave your behind in the past.

I like that idea! Trying to, thank you!
donna
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-13, 08:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 257/209/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 49%

I so agree with you Nancy, I had trouble in school too, but you have to let it go. Sounds like you are at a point where you need to forgive the ignorance of your classmates at the time. I say at the time, because now that they have grown they have probably experienced a few hard knocks in thier lives too. I saw a facebook page of the girl who tortured me in grade five, and she is very large now, I just feel sorry for her now. I know how it feels. I thought it would make me feel good, but instead it taught me another life lesson, I am sure she has had to learn a few herself now. I am sure her attitude will be much different now. Love and acceptance and forgive, thats what is going to stop the bullies. Anger just breeds more anger, whether its from the bully or the one being bullied. Thats just my opinion.
As long as we know who we really are they can have no hold on us..we get stronger as we get to know ourselves on a deeper level. Most of us are too scared to go there, I know thats why I over eat. I would rather eat than hang with myself, but thats changing, I like who I am.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-13, 23:02

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

I actually started this thread as a way of letting go. For me, I realized over time that there is a very big difference between ignoring pain and letting go. In my life, until I faced my fears, past mistakes and painful experiences...they have haunted me. It's when I have really brought these things into the light of day. Let myself remember how that felt, forgave others and myself for past mistakes....that's when I have begun to heal and grow. Sometimes in cases of molestation or other horrifying experiences. You may need some outside help. You may have let go of what happened but may suffer from PTSD or what have you. I do agree that we can not keep dredging up our past just for the sake of doing so. But when it is a means to an end..I say dredge away!!

XOXO to everyone out here who has shared their pain and empathy with one another. There is a way to grow here!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-13, 01:00
Carnivore

Plan: <50 net/day
Stats: 368/305/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Kids are very primal. They haven't yet learned to be kind when they see something different. I'm sorry you still feel that pain. I think every kid was ridiculed, picked on, or bullied at some point. Some much more than others. (I was overweight, had 3 rows of teeth, glasses, and sucked at social skills - I get it.)

At this point in life, forgive. Most importantly, forgive yourself for 'taking it' or 'feeling like you deserved it' - that's where healing starts. You were not at fault. You did not fail. You didn't deserve it. :hugs: Then, forgive the kids who hurt you, they don't know what they did to you.
That's how you stop the tears and pain. Forgiveness doesn't mean you have to forget, or call anyone, just absolve yourself and let go of the pain. (I know, simple, but HARD)
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-13, 10:31

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

Forgiveness is probably the most powerful tool of all! And the most freeing!!! :-)
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-13, 05:46

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Not only that; I think "moving forward" means "maturing further."

We can't literally redo our childhoods, but we can recast them, and make different people of ourselves.