Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-11, 21:29

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 218.5/203.8/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Friday night, bored and GF's out drinking/eating...blah! WHO's UP!

What a boring Friday night. My girlfriends are out eating and drinking. I'm just not strong enough yet. I wanted to stay behind and reflect on my failures and celebrate my accomplishments, but I think it's starting to not work.

What a beautiful night and normally dinner, dancing and lots of boozing. Boy do I need motivation right now.

I'm excited about tomorrow. Going to try some new receipes and shop at the Asian market for some hard to find veggies. But right now, it doesn't sound so appealing.

Who's up
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-11, 04:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Ahh! What a shame.. How about joining a dance class instead? There are tons of dance options in Baltimore - I surfed Baltimore dance and saw belly dancing, street dancing, jazz dance, salsa and loads more. There's a drop in beginners Lindy Hop class on a Friday. http://www.charmcityswing.com/. They might not all be great, and some might charge more than others, but you could at least try all those which offer free trials for newbies till you find a "keeper". You could meet some great people and have a ball.

Otherwise, you could join your friends after the dinner, and stick to sparkly water. Put all the money you would have spent on food and alcohol into a special account and treat yourself to something really fantastic that you'd not have afforded before. Dinner and drinks might have cost $50 or more a night. That's a lot of cash over a few months. Why eat and drink your money away when you can enjoy dancing and laughing and looking great, plus get the extra cash to spend on better things. Drink doesn't just show in fat.. People who drink too much can end up looking like old boots - it ruins their skin and eyes. I live in Edinburgh, where a certain portion of the population drink too much. By the time people are 40, they look 60-70. It is not a pretty sight. Other 40-year olds who look after themselves can look half that age.

http://www.alcoholissues.co.uk/long-term-alcohol.html

Last edited by Kirsteen : Sat, Sep-03-11 at 04:58.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-11, 05:58
Registered Member

Stats: 160/143.6/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Bmore! Nice to see another Maryland'er on here.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-11, 07:12

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 218.5/203.8/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hello Jenny!

Kirsteen,

Thanks so much. I'm defintely going to look into that. I love to dance and if I can meet like minded people that would be great. Thanks for being so thoughtful to post that.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-11, 17:46

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Pleasure. I hope you enjoy yourself - I wish I could come too.