Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 10:25

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Upping calories - this is really up to you. Do you feel hungry or deprived? If you work out, more calories are definitely in order. Schwarzbein allows for more carbs the more active you are. If your weight loss stalls you may want to consider more calories.

As for when I eat and how often...I do often eat after 7:30 - will usually have a snack before bed but since I usually write in my food intake before I've actually eaten it, I don't always remember to go back and add it into my journal. I'll often have a bit of a snack when I prepare my lunch for the next day...cheese, some meat, pickles, almond bark if I have any.

The six meals a day came about when I started Body of Life - by eating 6 small meals, I continuously feed my metabolism rather than starving it for 3 hours and then stuffing myself. Even though I'm done with the program, I now find myself naturally gravitating towards a schedule where I don't eat breakfast until about 10:30, then lunch at 11:30, a snack (really a smallish lunch) at 1:30, then dinner at 5:30. I do eat with my kids. Finally, a last snack around 8-8:30.

I don't think eating so late is a big problem but again, if you stall, it could be something you change to see if it breaks it.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 10:33

Plan: schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 290/290/198 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Can I jump in here Shanna banana? I had a teen in my youth group at church. Her name was Shanna. Schwarzbein has a more balanced approach to the Adkins diet. I really think the trick to this woe is to never let yourself get hungry. I eat as soon as hunger pains start. I almost always have non starchy veg with protein. Next to no pop and 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. I do use caffeine but am trying to cut down eliminate aspartame. I limit my starches to 15 grams a meal/snack. I have been being very good during the week and only weigh on wednesdays. That way I am not depressed if I put a pound or two over the weekend because every wednesday I have been down. Of course I am only 5 weeks into this and I may plateu soon. Another trick (I think) is I am not weight training as this adds pounds. Of course they are good pounds but I am so over weight I want to loose more before I start to train and get in shape. I figure I give my self one year to loose a hundred pounds and then I start working on physical fitness seriously. 3.5 years from now my wife and I celebrate our 20 year anniversary and we will rewed with me looking better than I have in 20 years. If all goes well and the Lord blesses we will celebrate our honeymoon in Hawaii. I am going to start walking as soon as the weather breaks. My work i s pretty physical so that helps some too. Let me know where you want to go to finish the other discussion.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 12:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Chit Chat Formum

Hey Chewie1012, it's Ivana Banana!!

There's a forum called 'chit chat' maybe we could start a new thread there. Or else maybe they could create a new forum for Christians, although that may not be possible or even desirable, I wouldn't want to exclude anyone.

I'll ask the question in the technical forum about starting new forums!!!

Banana
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 13:05

BF:

BOY WAS i WRONG. As soon as you find a place let me know. You can email me if you want also. If your uncomfortable doing this then just use the forum to contact me.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 13:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Lounge Area

Hi there Chewie,

Apparently we are free to discuss whatever we like in the 'lounge area' So we could go there, do you want to start or shall I?

Banana
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 18:46

BF:

Banana would you start and let me know when you do and I will reply. Meet you in the lounge.