Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%
Post Last Cigarette 5 hours ago

I have asthma, have been a smoker since i was 13 (36 now). I went to the drs again this week and again got a bad report. I went in because I couldn't keep it under control, used my inhaler 4 times in a hour last week. He gave me one new medication, and doubled my old one. I am hoping to see improvement sometime. The dr has been telling me for years that my lungs are worse and need to quit. Guess its finally just gotten to where i feel bad enough to do it.

I was doing ok at work, keeping busy. What was the hardest part was the ride in the car. I always smoke in the car, or on the computer. I'm feel strange and keep reaching for my cigarette. Not to mention, i just want one!
I was wondering about the cigarette butts in the car this morning. Thats how sad i am, was going to dig thru the ashtray and see if there were any big enough to smoke. Embarrassed at even having the thought.

I got a cold two weeks ago, which lead to another chest infection and my lungs are horrible. Anyway, the dr has been after me for years telling me my breathing is going to be worse, he is right. I now can't smoke without coughing. I start to cough before i even inhale all the smoke in. So, i smoked the last cigarette in my pack this morning, didn't buy anymore. I know i need to quit because every cold i got last year ended up in my chest. I have one cold, and its in my chest for almost a month now.

I quit before years ago. Hoping i can do it again. Need advice, encouragement, something.

I am not using anything to help me quit, but the cravings are definitely more than i was prepared for. My husband is supportive, although he smokes and has no plans to quit. I have had two other friends quit at work, they are encouraging.
Sponsored Links