Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-17, 15:56
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
0.25 tsp, Salt and Pepper
1 tsp(s), Spices, onion powder
0.50 tsp(s), Spices, garlic powder
1 cup(s), Chopped Spinach Frozen

9.30 oz(s), Boneless Loin
3 tbsp, Garlic and Herb Cheese (Boursin)
6 slice (15g), Turkey Bacon (I did Turkey so the bacon would crisp nicer)
3 Table Spoon, Cream Cheese (roughly 1.5 oz)

Preheat oven to 400

I had bone in pork chops, so I trimmed the chops to boneless circles roughly the same size. I put each chop between two pieces of parchment paper, and then beat them with a meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thickness. I was going more for uniformity in thickness than exact size. Season each chop with the salt, pepper, and onion/garlic powder.

Heat the frozen spinach in the microwave until completely thawed. 2-5 mins. Squeeze out as much extra moisture as possible using cheese cloth or paper towels. Mix the cheeses with the spinach until fairly uniform.

Place a table spoon or two on top of each pork chop and flatten slightly. Roll the chop around the cream cheese. My chops wouldn't completely roll around, so I just tried to match up the edges. Wrap each chop in bacon. It took my about 2 slices of bacon for each chop to be wrapped completely. Secure with a toothpick or two.

Place chops in a lightly sprayed backing dish. I think I used an 8x8 square dish, but there really wasn't a lot of grease, so a flatter one could work. Cook in the 400 degree oven for 30 mins. I tried taking a temp on these, but the pork chops were to thin to get a good reading.
Sponsored Links