Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 04:59
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Wohoooooo I am on my way in one hour See you all soon
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 08:43
Cast Iron Chef

Plan: lc, higher protein
Stats: 170/132/127 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Michelle,

Do we have a meet-up time for tomorrow, and a decision on which location? I have a bunch of things going on, and I'm at a point where I need to finalise my schedule. It's flexible, but I do need to know. Thanks!
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 16:25

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Alright, checked the list to make sure I can *try* and remember everyone who is coming.... Michelle and Paul, Mischa, Chris and Dick, Laura, Laurie, and Jill......that's everyone right? Enjoy your weekends ladies!! I wish I could make it Saturday also but I have to ref and have a friend's 30th b-day dinner. Everyone be safe in their travels and I'll see ya on Sunday!!!

Linda
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 16:30
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

You got it Thats everyone! Cant wait to see everyone Mischa in 4 hours, and Laurie bright and early in the AM, Laura and maybe Mike at 1:00 and everone else Sunday. What a wonderful weekend
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-04, 07:15
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%

The wings are in the oven!
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 04:47
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%

Heroin Wings

4 lbs chicken wings
1 c grated parmesan cheese
2 T dried parsley
1 T dried oregano
2 t paprika
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 c butter

Cut wings apart. Combine cheese and spices in a bowl. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. (Do not omit this step or you will still be scrubbing the pan a week later.) Melt the butter in a shallow bowl. Dip each wing part in the butter, roll in the cheese/seasoning mixture, and arrange on the foil-lined pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Yield: 50 wing pieces trace carbohydrate per wing, as well as a trace of fiber and 4 grams protein.
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 06:46

BF:

Ok, NEED to get ready for work before I'm late but had to stop in here and tell you all what a GREAT time I had yesterday. You all are so much fun!!!! The pics are great Michelle (except the one of me eating, lol!). I'll be back online tomorrow and will post the recipe for the zucchini pie!!!

Linda
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 08:14
Cast Iron Chef

Plan: lc, higher protein
Stats: 170/132/127 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Some people had questions about the cheeses I brought. This is counterclockwise starting from the lower left corner (look at photo in gallery if you really want to know ) (descriptions are from Murray's Cheese Shop website):

1. Morbier, Affine / France
This Morbier is aged in Roanne, France. From the eponymous town in the Jura Mountains, this raw cow's milk cheese is made from two milkings, an evening and a morning, separated by a layer of blue vegetable ash. Legend has it that a cheese-maker ran out of curds, sprinkled soot of a plant known for its insect repellent qualities to protect it from flies till the next morning's milking. Thus, semi-hard, pressed uncooked cheese with pronounced aroma and hearty flavor, which is Morbier. (Looks great on the plate, too.)

2. Piave / Italy
Deliciously nutty cow's milk cheese from Veneto. It has a sweet crystal-like paste with a mild hint of almonds. This is a wonderful table cheese or shaved over a salad of bitter greens.

3. Manchego, Aged / Spain
This hard, raw sheep's milk cheese is made exclusively from milk of La Manchego sheep aged for over a year. Creamy, with a more-than-slight tang and bite not necessarily present in younger versions. Yet it seems to melt on the tongue. Traditionally served with dried figs and membrillo (quince paste) for some sweet companionship. For a real fiesta, throw in some olives. Sangria, no. . . sherry and pequillo peppers. (No wonder it's Spain's most popular cheese -- it throws the best parties!)

4. Petit Billy / France
Made from the milk of Billy goats, not the kind that eat rusty cans, but the ones found grazing in the vicinity of the village of Billy (pronounced BEE-yee). Comparable to a young Selles-sur-Cher, these fresh, creamy discs have a pleasantly mild, sour tanginess. This may be our favorite imported chevre.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 12:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/185/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 64%

What a wonderful time we had, my DH keeps saying how delightful everyone was. Thanks Michelle for setting this up and doing all the work, It was wonderful. And Mischa, you're just as sweet as I expected. Thanks to you all for your friendliness, etc. What a great Sunday. chris
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 18:22

BF:

Alright gals, here is the Italian Zucchini Pie recipe:

4 cups sliced zucchini- thinly sliced, unpeeled
1 cup onions, coarsely chopped
2 gloves garlic- crushed
1/2 c butter
1/2 c chopped fresh parsley
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t basil
1/4 t oregano
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs-well beaten
4 tomato slices

Preheat oven to 375.
In a skillet, cook onions until golden, throw in garlic and cook 2 more mins.
Throw in zucchini and cook til tender. Stir in parsley and all seasonings.
In a large bowl, blend eggs with cheeses. Stir in vegetable mixture. Butter an 11-inch quiche or glass pie plate and pour mixture in evenly. Layer the tomato slices over and sprinkle a little bit of parmesan over. Bake for 18 to 20 mins.
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 05:40
Reinventing Myself

BF:
Default All Meat Chili

This recipe does have a 4 oz can of tomato paste and a 14 oz can of diced tomatoes in its own juice, so there are carbs in it but it makes a lot of chili and is very tasty too.

2.5 pounds ground beef
1 onion chopped
2 Tablespoons Chili powder or to taste
1 Tablespoon Cumin or to taste
1 Tablespoon dry cocoa powder
1 teaspoon granulated garlic (we like garlic)
1/4 teaspoon ceyenne pepper (ground)
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 4 oz can tomato paste
1/2 cup water
2 packets Splenda
1/2 teaspoon salt or (omitt if you wish)

Fry ground beef and onions until no longer pink.

Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for at least 30 minutes. I like to give it an hour to really pick up flavors.

This is really tasty but you must add ALL the ingredients listed in order to enjoy its unique flavor.

Enjoy!
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 05:43
Reinventing Myself

BF:

I have to use the cookbook for the Pumpkin Pie, so I will post that one later. Thanks again everyone for a great day on Sunday.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 15:28
Vorsicht! heiß

Hi All

what a great get-together I enjoyed meeting you all

here are my pictures

http://community.webshots.com/album/200750065xdbMAU

#104   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 07:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/185/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Here's my cheesecake recipe:

ingredients:
5 eggs, separated
1 cup splenda
1 lb cream cheese room temp
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 275o Butter or spray a 9" spring form pan. dust bottom and sides with a mixture of any crumby mixture you prefer. whatever nuts you have in the house, plus a handful of lo carb cereal works nicely, put those two in your blenda with some splenda and possibly some cinnamon . whatever flavorings you want in crust. you can also not do a crust, but I like using some ground nuts...

beat egg yolks until thich and lemon colored. gradually beat in splend, break up cream cheese and add to egg mixture a little at a time beating until smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla, continue beating until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, gently fold into cheese mixture.

pour filling into prepared pan, bake for 70 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the cake in there for one more hour. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. remove from oven, and cool, If you want you can put some fruit and cool wip on top, remove cheesecake from pan just before serving.

I like this one because it gets pretty big, but it's quite light because of the egg whites, so hopefully you're not getting as many calories as you are from Karen's cheesecake, (which I love btw)

chris
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 08:33
Vorsicht! heiß

Thanks so much for the Recipes Yum I already made the Herion wings yesterday

Happy Monday