Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  251lbs Lost

View Article Article tools
  #46   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-15, 07:17

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Words are inadequate. But I hope and pray for the best for you and your family.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-15, 08:50

Plan: mine
Stats: 222/185/143 Male 175
BF:
Progress:

holly ...... I just want to salute and give my highest respect to you brother.
This looks like a miracle!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-15, 09:53

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

thanks for all your support and kind thoughts everyone, it really means a lot. More positive now that we have more of a plan to move forward. Oncologist thinks it maybe III not IV and if so then surgery can be an option. Have another cat scan setup for Friday then MRI right after to determine if the cancer lymph nodes have spread beyond the stomach area. If not then then we are weighing options for ether chermo' >> surgery >> chermo' or surgery >> chemo or surgery chemo/radiation. Personally i like to go right into surgery first and then chemo but we will wait and see on the scans.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-15, 20:45
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maori
thanks for all your support and kind thoughts everyone, it really means a lot. More positive now that we have more of a plan to move forward. Oncologist thinks it maybe III not IV and if so then surgery can be an option. Have another cat scan setup for Friday then MRI right after to determine if the cancer lymph nodes have spread beyond the stomach area. If not then then we are weighing options for ether chermo' >> surgery >> chermo' or surgery >> chemo or surgery chemo/radiation. Personally i like to go right into surgery first and then chemo but we will wait and see on the scans.

Oh Maori, that sounds like, well, not good news as such, but possibly so much better. Just to give you options is a great improvement at this stage and I am so happy to hear it.

I'd want to go into surgery first, too, but, yes, wait and see what the scans say, and then wait and see what the experts say. And please keep us informed if you can.

I'm still thinking of you every day. {{{{hugs}}}}
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-15, 01:40
Registered Member

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 343/233/160 Male 5'10
BF:33.4
Progress: 60%

Quote:

Good luck to you, it was very sad to read your wonderful story and then this.

Out of curiosity, has your doctor or other medical personal attempted to blame the cancer on the diet (too much meat!). Hopefully the weight loss has raised your prognosis either way.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-15, 07:36

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:

Still thinking about you and praying for you.

I'm really glad to see you staying open and sharing.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-15, 07:53
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I just saw this and have to say that I'm not only very sorry to read the news but am just in shock!

You are in my thoughts and I'm sending your healing vibes....>>>>>(((((Maori)))))
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-15, 07:55
Registered Member

Plan: P.L.A.N
Stats: 302/290/253 Male 187
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betamax
Good luck to you, it was very sad to read your wonderful story and then this.

Out of curiosity, has your doctor or other medical personal attempted to blame the cancer on the diet (too much meat!). Hopefully the weight loss has raised your prognosis either way.

Unlikely. The only thing that none of us really have no control over is having a cancer appear right in the midst of strong weight loss, for obvious reasons

Last edited by zoran : Fri, Apr-24-15 at 08:09.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, May-01-15, 21:55

Plan: Atkins> LCHF >Carnivore
Stats: 200/183.5/150 Female 5'8" inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

That is awesome! So inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
  #55   ^
Old Fri, May-01-15, 22:06
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneChoco
That is awesome! So inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
Anne....please go back and read Maori's last couple of posts...
  #56   ^
Old Sat, May-02-15, 00:20

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Maori, that's hopeful news! I know it will be a tough road but I'm thinking you are going to fight this off. Thanks for keeping us posted.
  #57   ^
Old Sat, May-02-15, 09:05

Plan: lchf + if
Stats: 230/169/130 Female 5' 5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Quote:
thanks for all your support and kind thoughts everyone, it really means a lot. More positive now that we have more of a plan to move forward. Oncologist thinks it maybe III not IV and if so then surgery can be an option. Have another cat scan setup for Friday then MRI right after to determine if the cancer lymph nodes have spread beyond the stomach area. If not then then we are weighing options for ether chemo' >> surgery >> chemo' or surgery >> chemo or surgery chemo/radiation. Personally i like to go right into surgery first and then chemo but we will wait and see on the scans.

Maori - that is very hopeful news. I hope that if/when you do have chemotherapy it will be as tolerable for you as it was for me, anti-nausea drugs worked magnificently as well as having a wonderful partner for courage comfort and laughter. It is comforting to be treated in any case. I'm thinking very strongly of you and sending positive healing vibes
  #58   ^
Old Mon, May-04-15, 13:35

Stats: 195/186/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

(I'm sorry I can't delete this- I congratulated you on your amazing transformation before reading the rest of the thread.)

I'm a newbie and I'm so sorry I was insensitive.

Last edited by chloe92us : Mon, May-04-15 at 13:43.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, May-04-15, 13:37

Stats: 195/186/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
thanks for all your warm and support thoughts everyone....Amazing Irony is while i am the most healthiest point in my life today, i was given news that i have stage iv stomach cancer (3 months of different diagnostic procedures)........Initial shock and disbelief aside between me and my wife, i have switched my drive and determination to fight this one day at a time and live life as much as i can while doing it.

Oh my, I just saw this as I was reading back. I will be praying for you. If you can lose 250+ pounds, you can fight this cancer!
  #60   ^
Old Tue, May-05-15, 11:22

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

AMAZING! Absolutely completely amazing. Congratulations! Here's to maintaining you svelte new shape for the rest of a very long and healthy life!