Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 06:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/143/120 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default confession!!

well, i guess it was about time for my little post new years detox retox. lol

i have a confession to make! for i have sinned:

on monday night one of my best mates come to stay with me fom out of town. we went out, i smoked about 10 cigarettes, drank about ....hmmm.... hard to say but maybe 10 or so vodka shots, maybe more, maybe less, [and in one of them was a shot of sugary syrupy lime cordial! which i didn't order but drank anyway as by this stage i was a wee bit tipsy...].

anyway, when i got home, as i said, a bit tipsy, i had

1 dried fig
and 1 slice of my mums pear and maple syrup cake, which is very dense and rich.

so naughty!

then the next day i was pretty hungover but i was a perfect girl and stuck to Induction rules EXCEPT i had about twenty strawberries. i was craving fruit and because i was hungover and my resolve was weakened i had them. i thought that they might actually do me good. you know, vitamin c etc

so.....its thursday now and i've been on perfect Induction rules since...and have been exercising and doing weights.

what do you think the damage is?
i was thinking i should go back onto perfect induction for a couple of weeks as damage control...

could you please share your baddest stories with me to make me feel better? not because this is something i want to do again and again and i want to feel justified cuz i'm not the only one [lol], i just need some reassurance that i'm not totally deplorable.

the truth is, i'm 21 and i do like to go out and get a little drunk. i am not going to lie and say that because of my diet i am never going to be a trashbag again. i just really need to NOT let the alcohol persuade me to eat sugar. when i have done atkins in the past i have been able to continue to lose weight and go out drinking [vodka with soda or diet coke ONLY -suits me fine!] with my friends, as long as this doesn't lead to bad eating choices... the drinking does slow the weight loss down, but doesn't stop it entirely, which is okay with me.

::::sighs:::: the battle with sugar goes on

thanks for listening y'all
xx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 09:38

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

I feel for you - yes I have the weekend "party" battle all the time - and it just puts all my hard work during the week down the drain. So I'm going to try to stay off the alcohol for as long as I can and see how my weight goes. Yes once I start with beer I get the munchies for chips!! Not good.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 10:55

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_28048
what do you think the damage is?
i was thinking i should go back onto perfect induction for a couple of weeks as damage control...

so what's the damage? not nearly as bad as you might think. mentally you know what you did wrong, you know how to fix it, you know how to avoid it in the future. just remember that going back to strict induction rules does mean no alcohol. give yourself the 2 weeks and then add it back in once your body's well into ketosis. double- and triple-check the rules if you need to.

physically, well... your body's already punished you with the hangover, and you might notice it takes a little bit longer to get into ketosis again. stick with it and be patient. take things a day at a time. we all falter because we're all human, but each day that goes by where you've "been good" makes it just a little bit easier to be good the next day, and the next, and the next.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 13:06

Stats: 316/238/170 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 53%

You could have done a lot worse, don't beat yourself up over it, just be proud that you realized it, and you are moving on .
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 14:26
Registered Member

Stats: 165/143/120 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 49%

thanks guys! you all made good points.
i really love this forum, all the members truly do offer great support.
xxx