Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 06:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Friday: Pool jogging is back!!!! 4:30 a.m. -- did not get to see a sun rise today -- it's very foggy, but it warmed up a bit and stopped raining. 30 min. pool jogging; 360 Tae-Bo kicks/punches; total 40 mins. I can really tell the difference between running in the pool and using the treadmill. After just a few days of not running in the pool, my legs were getting weaker -- had a hard time finishing! Forcast is to stay warm for the next few days, so hopefully I can keep running in the pool. I have an I.O.U. for 1 missed cardio session, and I plan to collect it tomorrow.

I have a question for either Trainer Dan or Fern. I have been doing the Tae-Bo kicks in the pool every day that I pool jog and doing a lot of cardio -- either walking on treadmill (4.2 - 4.4 mph., incline 6) or running in the pool. If I also do a LBWO (squats, lunges, calf raises, etc.) as part of circuit training, would I be overtraining my lower body? I don't want to overdo it. Thanks for your help!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 09:58
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I cannot and willnot be doing any form of exercise today except for putting more stuff in the camper.
My best friend and I got together last night...first time we have had a chance to spend anytime together this summer. We got home at 12:30 and I did go straight to bed...but hubbys work phone rang ALL freecking night. He and I are total zombies today.

BUT....lol...I'm sure I will get alot of exercise in this weekend and all next week...camping, swimming, jogging..SHOPPING....lol

see you all in a week or so....

hugs....cin
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 13:15

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

No cardio for me this morn either. Once again, next best is after my weights tonight. Was up past midnight and I knew the 5 am alarm would be a no-go!

Ahhh, weekends!

Friday
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 13:32

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Wow, great thread, can I join? Just ordered walk away the miles tapes, will start am cardio when the tapes come in. I do jazzercise 4 time a week, only one of those days is in the morning, the just expect me to be at work or something like that..LOL. Keep up the good work everybody.
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 06:07

BF:

Welcome, Tanya! I admire anyone who does jazzercise -- I bought a tape and tried it, but I'm such a clutz with those steps that it seemed like I was always a few steps behind!

Sat.: day off

Sun: Did cardio, but in the afternoon. Had to get DH and son off to Boy Scout camp in the a.m., and visit grandaughter because it was her 1st birthday! In the p.m.: 30 min. pool jogging, 360 Tae-Bo kicks/punches in pool; some treading water, kicks, etc.; total 45 min. As I was running, I looked at the clock and thought "In 11-1/2 hours I'll be doing this again!"

Mon: 4:30 a.m.: 30 min pool jogging (80 laps -- I would like to increase this, but it's still so humid in spite of last night's storms. I don't think I'll be able to run any faster until that humidity comes down -- it's hard to breathe); 360 Tae-Bo kicks/punches in pool; total 40 min.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 12:23

BF:

Welcome aboard, Tanya!

I stayed up too late doing homework last night, so no cardio this morning. 6 hours of sleep is bad enough; 5 is just too hard on my body. I'll be back with a vengeance tomorrow, though. I've been able to do the hills a couple of times a week, which is great. (The problem has been a tendency to get shin splints really fast) I'll be doing a combo of hills plus my belly dancing.

Cheers,

Friday
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 12:50

BF:

Thanks for the welcome. Can't wait to get my tapes in so I can start. Any day now !!!!!!!!!!!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 17:41

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

AM cardio was good today!!
30 mins intervals on elliptical.
8 min warmup, 8-28 mins 1 min interval sprints, 2 min cooldown
Burned 344 cals and felt good!

(Peg-- I see your ? here but I'll answer in the other thread you started!)
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 05:45

BF:

Tue: 30 min. pool jogging. Got up a bit late and I have more to do in the a.m. with DH gone to Boyscout Camp with son (feeding 2 dogs and 3 cats, etc.), so no time for Tae-Bo kicks. Hopefully I can get some in, along with crunches, when I get home -- don't know if I'll have time, though -- I'll be busy packing.

This will be my last post here until Monday -- tomorrow we leave for vacation.
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 06:29

BF:

I'm in. 30 min BDWO.

Gotta run!

Friday
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 07:31

BF:

Ok guys, I am in. Got my tapes in last night. Did the first one this morning, only one mile, but it is a start. Way too easy, so it is 2 miles tomorrow, thats about all I have time for in the morning. Also jazzercise class tonight, now, that's a workout......ouch .
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 06:40

BF:

*yawn*

*Friday attempts to do entire BDWO without ever letting go of coffee cup*

*Friday is glad the carpet is already brown*

Cheers!

Friday
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 07:42

BF:

LOL Friday.....

30 minute 2 mile cardio workout this morning. Feels great. Don't have time for more, don't want to do more inthe morning...LOL. Just too hard to get up. I really like these walk away the pounds vidios, but will probably need a ew more for variety. Will get bored with the same one. Have a great day everyone.
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 09:13

BF:

Cardio will be after LBWO tonight, but I'm still in. I'm assuming everyone knows this, but if you can't do AM cardio, the next best in terms of fat loss is after (not before) a weight training workout.

Leg day, leg day, Happy Happy leg day!

Friday
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 12:21

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Bad Linda for not posting in here! I did Am cardio Mon, PM cardio Tues, no cardio Wed, and today will be AM and PM cardio!

25 mins on the elliptical this morning. I didn't want to! It took ALL my will-power to get to the gym but of course, once there I felt GREAT! Burned 327 calories. I have a basketball game tonight so 2 cardio sessions for me today!