Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-21-10, 15:27

Plan: The Flat Belly Cure
Stats: 174/165/130 Female 63
BF:
Progress:
Default The Flat Belly Cure Diet

Any one trying this low carb diet? Its controlled carb eating. So far I can live with this eating plan and I have lost weight. Its worth checking out any one talking about this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-10, 14:44

Plan: lower carb, lower GI
Stats: 298/277/240 Female 5'6
BF:yes it is
Progress: 36%

My sis in law is following that plan, but isn't on forum that I know of. My brother says she is liking it so far. I'll try and keep you posted. Good luck with it!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-10, 10:37

Plan: paleolithic
Stats: 361/361/160 Female 5 foot 3
BF:
Progress: 0%

out of all the diets Ive seen, and I read the food lists and menu samples on the sights for all these food plans, but this one seems like the most reasonable to me. Im new to low carbs and I know everyone on here is going to say no no no do the adtkins diet or strict low carb this one isnt good enough but I ahve lost 32 pounds through calories counting and lowfat but screwed up because of my carbs gained 6 pounds back but I do know low fat and low calories does work.But sense i mess up with my high carb eating this will keep me off the carbs and keep it controlled. Im going to buy the book at the beginning of the month.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-10, 11:25

Plan: paleolithic
Stats: 361/361/160 Female 5 foot 3
BF:

I think Im gonna stduy some more before I make a choice.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-10, 00:50
Registered Member

Plan: The Belly Fat Cure
Stats: 255/218/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I'm going to start on The Belly Fat Cure when I return from vacation Sept. 8th. I've been doing research and watching a lot of the Jorge Cruise videos over the last week and am excited about starting. I have done very low carb many, many times in the past and do lose well with it, sometimes as much as 100 pounds. My problems is after a year or so, I find myself really bored with the choices and end up going back to a more low fat diet, which then puts the pounds right back on. It has become a discouraging cycle of successs and then failures and I need to find something different to get the weight off this time. I really like the idea of only 16 gm of sugar daily and the no Splenda, Aspertame or Saccarrin, yet being about to eat a fairly good amt. of carbs. I think that if we can keep our blood sugars level with as many carbs as the plan allows, it should work for us. I have a feeling the trick will be to find out exactly how many carbs we can eat and still keep on losing. From the experiences I've read, the 4-9 pounds a week the book promises is not the results most people are getting. Maybe the first few weeks, but after that it looks like it slows down a lot, especially for people like myself who are over 50. I can handle the slower loss as long as I keep losing something and feel satisfied.

I have preorder Jorge's newest book called The Fast Track Belly Fat Cure, but after reading some information about it, I think the original plan is more what I'm searching for.

Looking forward to sharing experiences and recipes with others on the plan.

Susan

Last edited by stilldews : Tue, Aug-31-10 at 08:20.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-10, 06:10
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Links

Here is a link where you can sign up for emails Jorge. from /http://jorgecruise.com/[/url]

This link will take you to a page with a lot of links on the right side, a link to a weeks worth of free menus and another video. http://jorgecruise.com/yourbellygoodmenu/?

A link to a blog with Belly Fat Cure recipe reviews. http://dockmom4.blogspot.com/

Blog called Jorge and Me. The writer has lost 53 pounds and shares her menus. http://www.meandjorge.com/2009/12/h...rks-for-me.html

Jorge's Facebook blog. Includes links to 24 videos. http://www.facebook.com/jorgecruisefan

If you find anyother useful links, please post them on this thread.

Last edited by stilldews : Tue, Aug-31-10 at 07:16.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-10, 09:23

Plan: very low fiber
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 67 in.
BF:dont know

I am happy to find this thread! I am unofficially starting the diet today, and my hubby and I both are starting the diet after we go grocery shopping. I like this diet because it strikes me as "more reasonable" and more inline with what a lot of the current research is actually bearing out. Between that and I believe that I do better on a bit higher carb, but still agree with the low carb philosophy this strikes a nice balance.

I look forward to chatting with everyone on our journey!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-10, 04:52
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I've just returned from vacation and need to go shopping too, but plan to get started within the next few days. My book from Amazon just arrived yesterday.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 06:41
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I've been on the plan for a couple days now and my weight is down at 3 pounds. Really like being able to eat the Uncle Sams cereal for breakfast. I've been eating it with Coconut Milk, cinnamon and stevia along with 2-3 ox of sliced chicken breast or a couple eggs. Mixing 2 eggs with 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup Uncle Sams, cinnamon and sweetener and cooking it 2minutes in microwave makes a great hot cereal with plenty of protein. Stir it after the first minute of cooking.

A big salad with protein makes a good lunch and I add a Ryvita Rye cracker if I feel I want it.

Finding lots of the frozen dinners fit the plan. Last night I ate a Stuffed Cabbage Roll with mashed potatoes. Just look for the dinners with 40 or less carb gm/serving and 5 or less sugar grams. Same with canned soups. I'm not much of a cook, so these are helpful for when I'm at home. Finding food in the cafeteria by either taking along a salmon or tuna pkg and adding it to raw veggies or eating a plain protein with steamed vegetables. For snacks, I've been carring pumpkin seeds, Ryvita crackers, sliced chicken breast and Turkey snack sticks. Keeps me feeling full and the carbs don't seem to be causing cravings when eaten in controlled amounts.

Susan

Last edited by stilldews : Sat, Sep-18-10 at 08:55.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 18:20
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Have to say I'm loving the food on this plan. The question is can I lose weight after the first couple weeks eating this many carbs??

Meal=1: 3/4c Uncle Sam's Cereal with coconut milk and 3 brown and serve sausage links.

Snack 1: 4 oz baked chicken breast and 1/6 bar of New Tree 65% dark chocolate

Meal 2: Pkg of Potatos Flyers with 2 slices Montery Jack cheese

Snack 2= Turkey Stick

Meal 3=Coucous Parmesan cup

Dessert= 1/6 bar of New Tree 65% dark chocolate

Totals for day=1264 calories, 103 gm carb and 11 gm
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-10, 07:01
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Week one is done and I'm done 5.8 pounds. I was never hungery and enjoyed my food so much. Ate fresh raspberries, Greek yogurt, dark chocolate, Cocao Roast almonds, Stacey's Pita Chips and lots of other food that made me feel like I wasn't on a diet at all.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-10, 10:07

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews
Week one is done and I'm done 5.8 pounds. I was never hungery and enjoyed my food so much. Ate fresh raspberries, Greek yogurt, dark chocolate, Cocao Roast almonds, Stacey's Pita Chips and lots of other food that made me feel like I wasn't on a diet at all.

So, hows it going? I see there are no posts for over a month. This whole concept is interesting. I ordered the book yesterday from Amazon and was hoping for more feedback on this forum. Are your cravings still under control? Are you still loosing?
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-10, 10:29

Plan: LCHF/Keto
Stats: 162/116.6/117 Female 61 inches
BF:30.6%/22.0%/22.1%
Progress: 101%

My husband and I are planning to follow this plan after we finish Atkins induction.

However, we are going to tweak it a bit. Jorge uses some soy ingredients and stevia. My body just can't tolerate either. Soy throws my thyroid, and all sugar subs, natural or not, mess with my insulin resistance. Considering my husband also has thyroid and insulin issues, we're just going to do the plan while omitting the recipes that use those items.

Also, I am planning on doing the hcg diet about mid-January, and do as many rounds of that as I need, and then when I transition from that to "way of life," I'd like to think that Jorge Cruise's plan will be what I follow (it will be trial and error to see what my body will tolerate).

I honestly love Jorge, and his 8 Minutes in the Morning was the first plan I did with some success back in 2003 or '04. He's very genuine and truly wants to make the world healthy and if he ever discovers that he's been "doing it wrong," he's not afraid to say, "Hey! I just learned ..." and move on from there. Super great guy!

The only reason I shifted from his plan to Atkins was because of my health issues and that's what my doctor recommended. Once my weight dropped, he then recommended the zone, which was honestly not all that different than what Jorge recommended.

Now my weight is back up, so that's why I'm back at Atkins for now.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 12:43

Plan: NA
Stats: 240/240/160 Male 178 cm
BF:
Progress:

It seems the Mr Cruise is developing a new version, called "Fast Track". It is a full blown Atkins (including induction phase) diet although he is trying to say that it is not.

If you google:

Belly Fat Cure Fast track

one of the first links will give you access to a draft of his new book.

His original book was heavily criticized for pushing lots of expensive products. Seems like he took it to his heart in his new book, which is a good thing imho.

A couple of interesting things in his new book. He says that fiber is not necessary for proper digestion and adding fiber to your diet if you have digestion problem is not the solution. Moreover, he says to much fiber is harmful. Instead he advocates priobiotics.

Another interesting thing is about water. He recommends drinking lots of water but not too much, saying it may cause electrolytes imbalance.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 13:32

Plan: NANY
Stats: 503/405/175 Male 72 inches
BF:plenty :)
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews
Have to say I'm loving the food on this plan. The question is can I lose weight after the first couple weeks eating this many carbs??

Meal=1: 3/4c Uncle Sam's Cereal with coconut milk and 3 brown and serve sausage links.

Totals for day=1264 calories, 103 gm carb and 11 gm

At only 1200 calories and taking in 3/4 of a cup of laxative for breakfast, I would be more surprised if you didn't lose weight.