Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-08, 17:41

Plan: Atkins -- high fat
Stats: 172/154/136 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Has anyone used...

Alan Carr's book to help you quit smoking?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-08, 10:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 331/322.2/200 Female 5'9
BF:All Of Me
Progress: 7%

Ive not heard of him...do you have read it or just asking about it?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-08, 10:37

Plan: Atkins -- high fat
Stats: 172/154/136 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I've read it, now. I finished it last Sat. afternoon, and I haven't had a cigarette since then. 400+ reviews on Amazon, for a five-star review. That many people can't be wrong!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-08, 23:26
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

You know, I just finished it and didn't think it was all that great. Maybe that's because I had already quit smoking, though. I don't know. I kept wondering when Carr was going to tell me how to quit. Eventually, I did find that information, but much of what I saw was that he wanted people to go to his clinics. Dunno. The book does get excellent reviews, though, and seems to have helped many, many people quit.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-08, 00:04
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Default Allen Carr

I quit smoking & drinking from his books. I actually quit first, then heard about the books. He did have seminars but I didn't go. He's dead so I guess it would just be who ever took over.

Next Friday Aug. 29 will be my one year anniversary. I smoked and drank for 22 years. I am free. Maybe it was me, maybe it was the book,, or a little of both. I think when you are really done, you just are. I just sometimes think it had to be the book because I have no idea how I did it if not for the book.

Good luck to all Non Smokers!! It's a great life.

Lisa

Last edited by LMMS : Sat, Aug-23-08 at 00:07. Reason: typo
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-08, 02:30
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

It really is.

To be honest the only way I finally quit smoking, was simply because I got to the place where I really wanted to.

Save your $.

Quit when you're ready.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-08, 15:03
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Smile

I agree, you can't stop smoking for anyone else. U just have to be so sick of it. I still don't know if the book made me quit but if it had a little bit of help, I just felt the couple of bucks was worth it. I think I spend many thousands of dollars on the smokes. But now that the year off is coming up pretty soon I guess it really had to be me sick of my life smoking. I love the energy I have now. I felt like it was chaining me down and now I am free. I do hear of people going back to smoking after they quit for more than a year. I am afraid that might happen to me. I just wonder if anyone ever went back if they hated the smell as much as i do. i think I am allergic to it or something weird. I gag when I smell one and that didn't happen before. Maybe the book did that for me. Don't know but it is great to have no cravings at all ever. Now, if I could only get rid of the ice cream cravings. There aren't as many but I just know that some chocolate chip ice cream would be good. I know being the carb addict that i am, I am done with ice cream.