Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-24-06, 19:43

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%
Default Do You Count Carbs in Dairy and Veg?

I am on TSP and did very well on her paln a few years ago but stopped due to comfort eating as a result of a BAD breakup (sig line). Anyway lately I have been watching my carbs very very closely. As I have never counted my veg before apart from the starchy ones I am really suprised at just how many carbs there are in onions for example. So I'm wondering has anyone who has lost weight with TSP counted the carbs in veg?

I am on the 15g per meal and snack plan and I would really rather watch my carbs than my fat, but I couldn't do Atkins as I am not a big meat eater and I really believe in the science of TSP.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 17:08

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

I don't count carbs for low starch vegies but that's just me. I do count carbs in dairy but if you go full fat you don't have to worry that much - they are usually 0 carbs unless they have nasty additives or something. Doesn't TSP suggest full fat dairy? - I think she does - if I remember correctly. I think that scallions/spring onions have less carbs than your usual white or yellow onions. They are an easy alternative in some recipes like meatloaf, soups lots of things or cut back to 1/2 an onion and see if you really need a whole one. Here in the States they've gotten so humongo - like everything else - that I always find myself cutting them in half.
Sorry about your bad breakup.