Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 09:26

Plan: Atkins/Keto-Queen
Stats: 257/151.0/150 Female 5-8
BF:
Progress: 99%

Yay! Which one did you do? Is she in Aruba? Sometimes I close my eyes and visualize Im in Aruba with her! LMAO....hey whatever works!

I find its "tough" but its not an "oh my god Im gonna die and I hate this hard" its "do-able" and don't you feel so energized afterwards?

post link here so I can see which one you did....Im just curious. Im thinking about getting another DVD by her. A "tougher" one, cuz how you feel about Bob...I feel about Adrian....LMAO!

edit: I think Im going to get this one next its only 9 bux
http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-For-Begi...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited by SunnyDinCA : Mon, Jun-09-14 at 09:48.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 09:49
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDinCA
Yay! Which one did you do? Is she in Aruba? Sometimes I close my eyes and visualize Im in Aruba with her! LMAO....hey whatever works!

I find its "tough" but its not an "oh my god Im gonna die and I hate this hard" its "do-able" and don't you feel so energized afterwards?

post link here so I can see which one you did....Im just curious. Im thinking about getting another DVD by her. A "tougher" one, cuz how you feel about Bob...I feel about Adrian....LMAO!

I have no idea! It is the one that you have linked in your gym log (the last one, I think?). It was good, and tough, yeah. Hm--energized? Yes and no, but any "no" is because TOM is on its way in 3 days and I'm feeling exhausted. I think I'll do this video this week because it's shorter than my regular workout, and just as much of a workout for me. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S5Lh3_erYE

I was thinking about doing an Adrian video, but I really felt that I needed a super peaceful workout today this week. While yoga and the LC WOE works well for curbing my hormonal anxiety and super moodiness, I still can feel a touch of it, ha ha.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 10:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodo
I was thinking about doing an Adrian video, but I really felt that I needed a super peaceful workout today this week. While yoga and the LC WOE works well for curbing my hormonal anxiety and super moodiness, I still can feel a touch of it, ha ha.

Adrian=Simba.....if you do her video you will so "get" this...and it will make you laugh so hard! And your core will be sore for 3 days!

Mmmmm peaceful indeed. I hope you stick with it, it (yoga) is such a great tool for my motivation. Its something so rewarding simply because you know and feel when your pose is getting better. For example "tree pose" (the first pose on the link you did earlier) when I started I couldn't raise my leg off the floor....now Im up to my knee and don't wobble so much...it is most rewarding for me, and gives me a better outlook on the other exersize my body does.

ok its time....gatta go wake up my dawgie! Have an amazing day~
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 10:15
The Patient Loser

BF:

Quote:
Adrian=Simba.....if you do her video you will so "get" this...and it will make you laugh so hard! And your core will be sore for 3 days!

Ha ha ok--is the link in your gym log?

Quote:
Mmmmm peaceful indeed. I hope you stick with it, it (yoga) is such a great tool for my motivation. Its something so rewarding simply because you know and feel when your pose is getting better. For example "tree pose" (the first pose on the link you did earlier) when I started I couldn't raise my leg off the floor....now Im up to my knee and don't wobble so much...it is most rewarding for me, and gives me a better outlook on the other exersize my body does.

For sure. I can't imagine quitting yoga because I really honestly don't like any other exercise, and it really gives me a nice workout. I can't bring my foot up to my knee at all, my toes stay on the floor with my heel on my ankle! I can't wait until I get better at it. How long have you been doing yoga?

Quote:
ok its time....gatta go wake up my dawgie! Have an amazing day~

You too! Hey---do you mind sharing your first name? If not, that's totally ok!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 10:33

BF:

ya ... this one is the "Simba" one by Adriane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3na6ThUJc

I've been doing Barbara now for almost two months. Maybe I've missed 5 mornings. I've done Adrian maybe a dozen times in 3 weeks...and the video by FitnessBender (the weight training one) I've been doing 3 times a week for 4 weeks maybe.

Some feel exersize isn't necessary in life, and that's fine for them....I feel it is necessary, and most importantly, I have found what I like and what I will do.

Diane~
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 10:42
The Patient Loser

BF:

Wow, you do a lot of exercise! I think that's awesome! I would love to WANT to do more, but for now I'm super happy with getting a 4-5 days per week schedule going. I've been highly remiss in doing any exercise at all for my whole life so this is really different for me. I feel it is very necessary for me at my age (I'm 46), and being that we plan on buying a larger property to homestead/farm in the next few months, I'll need a stronger body for all the work that's ahead of me.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 10:50

BF:

Quote:
Wow, you do a lot of exercise!

It's all pretty easy tho (low-impact) and I don't have a family to contend with, like most of you do....and I make the time....(average 2 hours a day)...I do the treadmill too LMAO!!!! I don't RUN...I will never RUN, but when the TV comes on Id rather stroll on the treadmill at a nice easy pace than sit on my fat azz lmFao!

Quote:
, I'll need a stronger body for all the work that's ahead of me. !

Do what you are doing for 2 or 3 weeks solid and YOU WILL have a stronger body....I promise!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 11:30
The Patient Loser

BF:

Quote:
It's all pretty easy tho (low-impact) and I don't have a family to contend with, like most of you do....and I make the time....(average 2 hours a day)...I do the treadmill too LMAO!!!! I don't RUN...I will never RUN, but when the TV comes on Id rather stroll on the treadmill at a nice easy pace than sit on my fat azz lmFao!

Low impact is totally the way to go for me too. My family has been talking about getting a treadmill when we move--I know my husband and daughter will use it for sure. I probably would too while I watch television. Maybe I can attach it to a certain show I reallllly want to watch and then walk the whole time! ha ha

Quote:
Do what you are doing for 2 or 3 weeks solid and YOU WILL have a stronger body....I promise!

Yay! I truly want to stick with this. I feel stronger already!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 12:45

BF:

Quote:
Low impact is totally the way to go for me too. My family has been talking about getting a treadmill when we move--I know my husband and daughter will use it for sure. I probably would too while I watch television. Maybe I can attach it to a certain show I reallllly want to watch and then walk the whole time! ha ha!

Judge Judy and Judge Millian .... those ladies get me walkin!!!

Before you fork out major dough...I would "borrow" one from a friend or relative that is currently being used as a "dust collector" or check Craigslist for a nice cheap used one. Treadmills are the most widely purchased and the most underused exersize equipment. Mine is 10 years old and has under 500 miles on it...ya do the math LOL!!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 13:35
The Patient Loser

BF:

Quote:
Judge Judy and Judge Millian .... those ladies get me walkin!!!

Before you fork out major dough...I would "borrow" one from a friend or relative that is currently being used as a "dust collector" or check Craigslist for a nice cheap used one. Treadmills are the most widely purchased and the most underused exersize equipment. Mine is 10 years old and has under 500 miles on it...ya do the math LOL!!

Ha ha---yeah! I like both of those ladies too, though I think Judge Milian is a little more classy and even in her judgment--but that's just me.

I was totally thinking that myself--to find one on Craigslist. I'm sure we would be able to find a nice one that way!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-14, 14:31

BF:

If you are on facebook the inland empire has an amazing "garage sale" group....some of the things my friends have gotten ( Moreno Valley and Murietta ) from there makes my jaw drop. I dont know exactly what it is called....Ill get the link and post it later.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-14, 11:04
The Patient Loser

BF:

Wow, I can't believe that I haven't posted in here this week! Here's the rundown:

Tuesday, Wednesday and this morning I did Barbara's Aruba video.

I bought two blocks and a strap. I know the blocks will help, but I'm not even doing any yoga that requires a strap yet, but at least I'll have it when I need it.

How are you doing, Diane?
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-14, 12:13

BF:

goodmorning...almost afternoon! Saw a new number today, so I guess that means Im doing fabulous

good for you on getting the blocks and strap....now treat yourself to this when you are able to....its cheaper than 1 month gym membership and it sounds like you are enjoying yoga ... so I think its a no brainer......

http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Str...a+for+beginners

Off to get me done!

Have an amazing day
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-14, 18:27

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I do Gaiam yoga for weightloss at least 4 times a week. I love it because it has helped my flexability. I used to give up to, sometimes it is hard to find the time