Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 09:21

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Paleo on Dr. Oz…Again!!

Dr. Oz is turning into a real caveman

Monday he will have Chris Kresser on the show discussing his new book, Your Personal Paleo Code, that I really enjoyed and think an excellent plan. So much information, with more in the bonus chapters and free E-Books on his website. A very flexible plan for older overweight women to young, fit athletes.

Has also invited back Nell Stephenson of Paleoista (not my favorite) and two doctors I don't know (the conventional wisdom side?) Can't tell from this clip, but seems favorable:

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/you...et-healthy-life

I had never watched Dr. Oz in my entire life, and after seeing the way he treated Gary Taubes, thought that would be the one and only time. But in the last two years, he has had Dr. Davis on twice, The Paleo Diet twice, GrainBrain's Dr. Perlmutter, etc. On his website, I happened to check his Two Week quick weight loss plan, and other than 1/2 c of brown rice and 1 c of yogurt…it looks pretty LC Paleo. Wonders never cease!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 09:31

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

That quack follows whatever is trendy. Don't fall all over yourself about him espousing Kresser. He looks for ratings, not for helping people.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 10:05

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

LOL. I know I can't be too optimistic, since the next day he will be pushing green coffee bean extract or raspberry ketones, but love to see Paleo getting to such a big audience.

Two plus years ago I sent an email about Paleo to a large group list at my Y, and very few people followed up or mentioned it again. Now they are coming up to me, asking "are you still doing that Paleo Diet?" "I've heard so much more about it" etc. Our library has dozens of new Paleo books, WheatBelly/GrainBrain dieters are growing (also on Oz)..so whatever, however they get the news that grains and sugar aren't the road to health, all OK with me.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-14, 21:18

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Oz has done episodes on lc before ... and then he turns right around the next day pushing nonfat milk, whole grains, etc. He advocates a different position every show. (I don't actually watch very often, but when I do he makes 180 degree turns with each new episode.)

ETA: He also once came out with a "paleolithic diet" that was filled with whole grains, nonfat dairy, etc.

Last edited by bike2work : Sun, Feb-16-14 at 21:42.