Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 12:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/380/240 Male 74"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Lightbulb A little stumped

Hi all,
I have been getting back in the LC life now for about a week and I know Rome wasn't built in a day but..... My first LC attempt was several years ago, I lost about 70 lbs in 6 or 7 months and then let it all come back over time. Why I stopped is I can't seem to enjoy success I suppose. Anyway , my first time I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks and was thrilled , this time 2 lbs in a week. My starting stat is from about a year ago, this time was really more like 370ish. I know it is still moving in the right direction and it is one day and choice at a time but I was just wanting to vent I suppose.

I have always heard that the second time is slower and harder because you think you know everything but the habits and foods you added on along the way the first time are really not condusive to induction I guess. Seems I answered my own guestioning pitty party. LOL

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated

Laker44
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 13:10

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

A couple things I"ve heard around here related to that are that...

- Your body is different and so were the circumstances a few years ago. They'll also be different tomorrow.

- You might "think" you are doing your plan correctly from the end of your last try. You might want to re-read and verify you are following precisely what you "think" you should be doing.

- My guess also might be, if I ever left and came back, would be that I'd probably start doing a sort of low carb before I fully committed thereby getting rid of some water weight prior to first measurement.

This is my first time removing grains, potatoes and sugar from my diet. I lost 10 Kg in the first 2 weeks of water. You may be romanticizing your first attempt who knows.

My tip would be to relax and don't worry about weight loss and concentrate on developing good eating habits. Also wait, then wait a little more, then wait for a while, then wait some more. Maybe something will happen. There are no guarantees
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-17, 16:06

Plan: Atkins, LCHF
Stats: 245/240/140 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Laker 44,

I am having the same experience. I remember my first try on Atkins about 10 years ago. It was amazing - absolutely mind blowing how fast and easy I lost weight.

I seem to have developed some problem with going very low carb. I get too tired and become depressed. So I am trying a more moderate approach, trying to focus on the health, energy, and exercise hoping the weight loss will come in time. It is wonderful how much better I feel without sugar and flour in my diet!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-17, 05:51

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Chiming in here - YES! It's taken me over a two years to lose 70 pounds. But...those 70 are gone! I have focused mainly on eating on plan, with maybe some walking for exercise, so I'm not surprised it has taken so long. But honestly, I commute around 4 hrs a day, and have a family I'd like to spend time with, and NEED my sleep, so eating is where I can impact my life positively, and that's where I spend my energy. I'm sure if I worked out for an hour a day it would drop faster, but that would lessen other parts of my life that I don't want to take time away from. Slow and steady works, it's been a journey in the right direction, and it works for me. Find what works for you and stick to it! Losing fast but feeling crappy and then eating off plan and bouncing back up won't make you happy or healthy - be patient, focus on how you feel, and stick to the plan. You can do it, you WILL do it, and we will be here to support you through it!

Last edited by Tracy0652 : Thu, Mar-16-17 at 05:52. Reason: typo