Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1861   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 18:50

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds
Saturday Jaz: 7/6, KMom 5/5, Blue (starting Sunday)
Sunday Jaz: 10/6, Blue 3/4, KMom 5/5
Monday Jaz: 8/6, Blue 4/4, KMom 6/5
Tuesday Jaz 7/6, Blue 5/4, KMom 5/5
Wednesday Jaz 6/6, Blue 5/4, KMom 6/5
Thursday Jaz 6/6, Blue 4/4, KMom 4/5

Good job everyone on H2O! Especially you Blue! Way to get it in even during a maxed week!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jaz: 19:5 5:30 PM - 1:00 PM Really a half hour more!
K-Mom: Could not do it. I took out my blockbuster meds that I HAVE TO eat with a meal. Planned to bring them with me to an end-of-the-year teacher party so I could eat them with dinner. Forgot them!!!! So ate half my dinner there and brought half home. Had the second half of dinner and meds at 8:00 PM. Grrrrr.

My goal was 5/7 days this week. Can't mess up anymore! Still very committed and encouraged about IF.
Sponsored Links
  #1862   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 19:27

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

KMOM- Please do not compare you to me- First I am not diabetic, second I have been in this routine with my body for going on 7/8 years/////// I grew into it....... Did not happen over night.

My body now just can't eat on waking..... or sleep with with food..... that took a minute. But now I am here /Thats me....... did not happen over night..... give yourself baby steps........ it's all good.... going right direction . we can't compare.
Dam I would love to be Blue- treat here and there and dairy k...... but I can't I just have to accept my body for what it is...... strung out and no dairy dam it. But it's me....... we gotta accept ourself for what we are.

Ok all very dam tired....... till tomorrow
  #1863   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 03:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

We had a beautiful, sunny day on the golf course. I played pretty well, but no, my team did not win...not even close. I never play a tournament with the expectation of winning anything. If I happen to, it's a bonus.

Didn't have a great night's sleep, so I'm bagging boot camp this morning. I may go later if I feel like it. DH & the grandson are leaving about 8:30 this morning to drive to Ohio. I think they have 3.5 hours or so to drive.

I'm planning to fast until 10AM which will be an 18 hour fast. I stopped eating at 4 yesterday afternoon. We had a delicious wrap for lunch yesterday. I deconstructed it and just ate the meat, cheese, lettuce & tomato..oh, and bacon! Yum. I declined the ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert.

Not sure how I'm doing weight wise. The coach of the online IF group I'm in wants us to stay off the scale and just concentrate on our fasting/feasting windows, so I'm trying to comply. I know my golf shorts are getting looser by the minute!

Well, time for another cup of coffee. It's just 5:30 and I'm enjoying a few minutes with DH before he hits the road. Funny how I look forward to some alone time, but I'll sure be ready to see him again till he gets home on Sunday.

Safe travels to all of you heading out on vacation! It sure will be quiet around here. Have a lovely time and enjoy every minute!

Bye!
  #1864   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 04:19

BF:

Good morning all

Don't ya hate it to wake up tired? URGHHHH...... I have so much to do in the next 24 hours. DS rolls in around dinner time- I need to go to the store. I haven't packed anything yet. But what does one need on the beach?????
swimsuit, shorts, top, flip flops, sunscreen , hat, book, water noodle, done

Lori- So glad you had a beautiful day for your game! yea for 2 days to self! I love quite lazy summer days.

Blue- you so so so good! Happy and humming along. Plus you maneuvered through carb land and won!

Trig- are you prepping yet for vacay? Packing the RV?

KMOM- I hope you didn't take my last post as harsh. It wasn't meant to be. I too have had that struggle of why one person can have something and get away with it and I can't. It is a miserable place to be. For ME- I just have to accept me and all the issues that come with this body.
Do I still struggle every now and again - yes.

I love the story BLUE told about sitting with an old friend at a cafe. They were chatting away happily. Then low and behold the table next to her received hot and steaming FRENCH FRIES. Her friend kept talking ...... where was BLUE looking. At the french fries, like a cat in heat. Her friend had to PULL her back.

That would be me- drooling too- but I can't. Thankfully we have all given in to those fries or fill in the blank- only to feel miserable afterward.

So we all have to know ourself and what we can and ca't handle.
So if you need to eat more often just make great choices. Meds are no joke on an empty stomach.
Can you take your meds with almond milk? I use that sometimes as a "filler" when I need a little something- just a thought.

Water- yesterday- 6/6 IF- 19/5 stopped eating 530. will eat about 1 again today
Tuna/mayo dinner salmon small salad , coffee splash of almond milk. That will be my day.

Leeann- whats up now with you? Are you recovering and resting?

Trig- forgot to ask about MIL- how is she doing. Has she been released yet?
------------------------------------
gotta run- will check in a bit later!
Have a great day all
  #1865   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 08:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone,

Good to hear from you Blue, you were missed! Glad you survived a rough week work wise-- and not only survived it but managed it really well! GO YOU!

KMOM- those meds you are taking are going to affect how you manage your fasting times. Each person (who is fasting) has to do what works best with they requirements, you know? Your version of success will fit within the requirements that you have set for yourself and no one else's!

Trig- Aw congrats on your girl!! Isn't the school year being finished just the best thing ever?! FREEDOM!!

Lori- Glad the golfing went well. Enjoy your time without your Hubs!

Jaz- Yay- your beach time is here! I hope you have a great trip with your son. I know you will. When do you return? Will you be checking in while you are gone?

•••••••••••

Ahhhhhh! School is officially over and summertime is here! Yay!! I am THRILLED. This was a stressful school year in many ways. I have never looked forward to a summer so much before.

Back on plan as of yesterday, earlier than I had planned because I just felt gross. I was so ready to get back on it but having company and all the events going on made it more than I could manage until they were gone. Excuse? Yes. No matter, back on now and honestly grateful to be.

I have to go to my GYN appt today. Who loves that? NO ONE. But gotta be done. Then I have to go shopping because we are out of milk entirely, plus other useful stuff. DS18 is gone to Orlando until next Wednesday but DS15 is here and hungry.

It will be an easy and quiet weekend around here, which I will enjoy and relish! Monday will be crazed with a big rising-10th-grade pool party but a good kind of crazed, with limited hours and good weather for it.

I didn't see my CASA baby all week this week, nor even check in, so I will call on my way to my appt to make sure all is well there.
  #1866   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 08:25

BF:
Progress:

Good morning, everyone! Say, I don't feel like I was comparing myself to anyone. I was just disappointed I had forgot my meds when I went to that party. I had such a good plan! Oh well.

Good thoughts everyone. I think I can do this and I am pretty confident. Thanks for the thought of taking meds with Almond Milk. One of the meds says I have to take it with a meal. But it is only at dinnertime, so that is not a problem.

I made my 16:8. I really like not eating after supper. That alone is a victory for me!

K-Mom 10x3
  #1867   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 08:33

BF:
Progress:

Jaz: Have a GREAT time at the beach with your DS. What good timing as things have not been very easy at your job. Can't wait for you to get relaxed, replenished and refreshed!

Lori: Loved how you are looking forward to the three days alone, and yet will be glad to see your DH when he gets back. Enjoy your time!

Blue: Great job on staying on your woe for the most part. You are a rockstar at being able to stare down the high carb treats on the tables that are set before you during one of these shoots you do! I am so impressed with that. Can't wait to hear more about your week.

Trig: Yay for the kiddo! And now into a new phase of life that will give you some headaches, but also much joy. It seems like you have such a good relationship and bond with your DD.

Nic: You deserve a quiet weekend! I think you will smile when you are sitting somewhere this weekend and maybe just staring off into space and remembering the non-stop frenzy of the previous weekend. And yet it was a great one, filled with many great memories!

I met with a clinic pharmacist yesterday and she said she has found one of the top side effects to one of the meds as tiredness. And I think sadness was also up there. The sadness has pretty well left, but I definitely don't have the spring in my step I used to. Hoping that will come back.

Say, yesterday I accidentally hit a key on my computer and now the print on this site is much smaller. I want it back to the size it was. I played around with a couple of things, but could not find where to change it. Anyone can help?

Have a great day everyone. Remember why we like this woe of eating so much and embrace that!

K-Mom 10x3
  #1868   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 11:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

KM if ya don't like eating after dinner you got a monster plus there! I was a confirmed eat everything under the sun the minute the sun did go down til I hit the bed, and yes I could do it
Hold strong. As long as you want this the best WILL come to you

Jaz have fun cause you are leaving like tomrrow right?
yes the stuff is small for vacay, all ya need is flip flops and a credit card and go HAHA

Lori, ah, you had fun, the win is never the biggie in tournaments you enjoyu!

Nicco.....hope ya can slow down and roll easy soon..summertime is here and less is more than the frantic ways, I hear ya!! GYNO omg let's see...kiddo is 12 so it has been like 12 yrs. YES I don't do anything for prevent, screen or more........cause I am 1000% chip off the old block. Last time Mom was to gyno was in 1961....hmm, let see, WHEN I WAS BORN! LOL yea I go by genes will get me thru HAHA (now don't get me wrong guys here, cause if something hit I would do a doc when needed)

oh heck I got girls girls girls here. sign out 6 of them at 1:30. became get us NOW, I pushed it til 12 and they called at 11 begging.

Pool is ok. In a last ditch effort I hit the pool water place 8 today. Need 18 packs of shock. WTH? So put in 7 top expensive shock and so much clearer. kids can swim with this stuff but HOT out but COOL out. I hate this weather.

eating me out of house and home. to pizza place and store for 'snacks' and it was $90 when done. shoot me please but end of year is end of year LOL
and this is WHY I have a big emergency fund at all times HAHA
  #1869   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 16:57

BF:
Progress:

Trig: i should qualify that statement I made. I really like how I feel not eating after supper. I think I love eating after supper. I love to graze. But I want this to be a lifestyle change for me. It will help so much, including reflux. If I can do this, it will be a biggie for me. I have tried before. But for some reason I am CapD this time. Plus I have Lori and Jaz as my examples. Plus it seems you must do this also. When is the last time you generally eat at night and the first time the following morning?
  #1870   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 17:04

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all!

Jaz---Know you are topsy turvy getting ready to leave tomorrow and greet your son tonight.

I am so happy for you tonight. You have not had a real vacation that I can remember since I met you on this board, and boyo, do you ever deserve it. My only thing is that we sure will miss you here. So used to your daily funny, real and caring posts. There will be a hole here when you're gone...unless of course you decide you can't live w/out us and sneak your laptop along w/out letting boss know.

Oh and yeah, DON'T stress and overpack like I always do, and end up only wearing half of it, but having to launder or shake out all of it, and stew thru a lot of stuff to choose what to wear. Who cares? Part of vacation on the beach is no worries, no cares, just throw on something and get out there!

Lori---Ha! I sometimes feel guilty when hubby is leaving for a couple of days and I'm looking forward to it---y'know, be careful what you wish for and all that. But funny little story, the other day I told hubby I would be out for the evening w/a gal pal and he said "Good!" Then tried to back track and soften his elation. I just let him blabber for a bit and then told him, "hey, believe me doll, I get it."

We all know when our mates are gone for a bit we get to do whatever we want to do w/out considering the other. We all enjoy that now and then. Enjoy yours!

Nic---I read your post and emitted this huge SIGH. Seriously, I felt your shoulders going down as I read your post. You sure have had A LOT on your plate in this last school year, AND in this last couple of weeks. Wishing you plenty of CHILL for a bit.

And boy howdy, I know how you feel about getting back on plan after a bit of cavorting off plan. At a point it just feels so right and good. You said a few posts back that you felt like a "butterball." This is EXACTLY how I feel after just one treat night, let alone on vacation when I eat off plan for a couple to several days in a row. It's not even a scale thing, although becomes one. It's how I FEEL after eating too many carbs. Every single time. Chubby and sluggish. Like clockwork.

Trigger---Smiling away here thinking of you w/all the girls today. Hope you had a chance to become part of the background and just listen to them chatter.
It's so funny and dear what our youngsters have to say to each other, and sure brings back a lot of memories of being young.

Congrats to the kiddo on her awards and her excellence in this last school year, and hey, her gutsy choice in hair colors. Hmmm---wonder where she gets her chutzpah?!

K-mom---I think you have a good idea of who you are when it comes to eating, I think all of us here do. Putting that into action every day is something we all struggle with, let alone trying to juggle that w/new meds. But I hear you figuring it out. You're a strong dame, I'd never bet against you, and that darn scale shouldn't either. We do what we can, and often surprise ourselves with how much that is. Maybe not everything we wish, but so often more than we give ourselves credit for.

Friday water: 4/4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, was determined not to leave the house today. No running around, no looking presentable, no traffic, no nuttin'!

Well, you know what they say about the "best laid plans." I had one work job to do today, a last minute request from a client and needed ASAP---internal company copy on "exceptionalism in employee relationships." Figured I'd polish it off in about an hour and then chill for the rest of the day.

I begin, and all of a sudden my desktop computer will not print "x" or "c." (Left my laptop back up at other client's at shoot. Aye yi yi Blue, get your head out of the clouds and focus when you are collecting your belongings!) So there I am writing a piece on exceptionalism w/out use of the x or c. And beyond that one word, you wouldn't believe how often you need a freaking C! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Had to get presentable, barely, and rush out into the mad traffic around the Best Buy Mall and multiple strip malls area, which is the closest place I could get a new keyboard. Add to that the route I took, unbeknownst to me was under major road construction. Took me 2 hours, most of it spent in traffic.

Got home, jammed like crazy on the copy and got it to my client by about 2pm. So much for my "splat" day.

On plan today despite frustrations. Very social weekend coming up, hoping for the best on plan.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Jun-09-17 at 17:22.
  #1871   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 05:06

BF:

WHAT YOU ALL THINK YOU CAN GET RID OF ME THAT EASY??????

I am sitting at a NEW low- on the brink of vacay- However I am going with my son. who has eating issues. So I will be 100% on plan. Outta respect for him too. He can't tolerate carbs- believe it or not, wheat, sugar, fat, dairy, red mead

Oh well not end of world-
Leaving in 2 hours- I will be heading south!

I forgot to eat lunch yesterday- believe it or not. So I only ate one meal. Crab legs! So KMPM- 24.5/.5 HAHAHAHAHA
water 3/6 2 glasses of wine- does that count?

OK- gotta pack my 2 suit suits- YES BLUE- traveling light
  #1872   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 05:14

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Saturday morning friends!

I was afraid I wouldn't sleep well without DH here...HA! I slept great and didn't get up until 6:45! I had put the cat out as I really didn't want to get up at 4! I was up at 3:30 to go to the loo and it was raining. Rained again just as I was getting up. Now the sun is trying to peek out. Fingers crossed that the weather clears for golf.

DH called me around 1 yesterday and he and the grandson were safely at the hotel and Manny(grandson) was outside throwing a baseball around with his friends. Their game ended in a tie 3-3, and DH wasn't sure what time they would play today.

I broke down and weighed myself this morning. The scale is down a couple pounds since last weekend. Happy about that.

To our traveling girls....hope you have a fabulous time away. Nothing like gazing at the ocean and walking in the sand.

Blue...I love that your husband tried to back track on his "Good!" reaction to you being away. I'm sure they enjoy time to themselves just as much as we do.

Okay...I need to mainline some coffee and get myself awake. Have a great day!
  #1873   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 05:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

safe trip JAZ

HI TO ALL
chat later

off to store early, on road for pool supplies I need

all good here, will check in later....everyone enjoy this fine day...we got SUN and alot of it---YIPPEE!
  #1874   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 07:45

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Trig, we got sun here too and lots of it over the next few days. And hot too. Summer is finally here in full swing.

KMOM- I'm sorry about the tiredness. That really stinks. Hopefully your body will adjust and some of your energy will come back. I would be bummed by that for sure, if I felt like I was dragging around and couldn't fix it.
What kind of computer do you have? I know what to tell you to try if it is a MAC but not a PC. Have you tried Googling for an answer?
I agree that trying not to eat after the early evening is a great solution for reflux and such. I suffer from it too when I am off plan or eating at night.

Trig- Girl, I so hear you. I didn't go to the GYN from when DS15 was born until I was 40. Many years between Dr visits too although I'm trying to do better.
That is a TON of shock that you put in your pool!! Glad it cleared up though. There is a shock that you can throw in and kids can still swim? My Dh makes the kids wait 24 hours from the time he throws that in, but it might be unnecessary. I think he just is afraid their skin will peel off. I hope your kiddo and her friends had a great time!

Blue- SO FRUSTRATING that you lost your "jammie and lay low" day. That bums me out.. and even worse that most of it was spent in traffic too. But at least you have a trusty new keyboard now.
Your DH made me laugh with his comment and your response. We all think it, when we get a night or three all to ourselves!
Good job staying on plan.

Lori- Congrats on being down a couple of pounds! That is great news. Hope your DH has fun with Manny and that the baseball goes well for him.

Jaz- You are going to have so much fun on your trip with your son! Thrilled for you. It has been a long time coming, that you get some relaxation time. Do NO WORK and just enjoy!!
So a new low! Congrats! You must be right at the precipice of Onderland if not in it, then. Yay!! Final push forward and you are there!

•••••••••••••••••••••••

My GYN appt went well. HATE going to any DR but have chosen good ones for when I do. I made a vow to myself to do the Gyn appts regularly starting at 40 and I have. My practitioner is a sole provider, has only one office room and one exam room, at her home on a small horse farm. She couldn't be kinder or more gentle. She came in and said "You've kept your weight off!" and she was just delighted. I needed that because while I am on the downswing from a week of partying with my family and friends, I wasn't feeling that way. I told her so and she said (as some of us on here do) "the key is to enjoy those times and then get right back on track again." I told her I had, and she beamed and I beamed and all was well. Everything checked out fine. I am due for an every other year mammo so I need to schedule that soon.

There is such a nice air of relaxation going on around here. DS15 is very relaxed and happy and so is his mama. I always feel sorry for my DH right around now bc he still has to get up and go to work- no summer for him.
DS15 is in training for his Costa Rica mission trip from 9-3 today, I am going to clean out my car and laze around. DH is still in bed, and DS18 is in Orlando. I think DD22 is going to come by at some point just to hang out for a while.

I have been LOVING the deck furniture that we bought. We took too long to do it but I'm glad we found something comfortable and pulled the trigger. I am out here every day that the weather allows it, and it is absolutely LOVELY. SO relaxing and comfortable.

Hosting a big pool party on Monday for DS15's class. So far there are about 20 kids coming. A few moms will probably stay here and help out, which is good. Gotta take advantage of the sun and heat this week!

Dh just wandered out onto the deck to say Good Morning. He slept in until 9:30. I was already up by a little after six and reading, so even though he was going to take DS15 I told him I would. No reason for him to get up. I love my morning time alone anyway.
  #1875   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 11:25

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds
Saturday Jaz: 7/6, KMom 5/5, Blue (starting Sunday)
Sunday Jaz: 10/6, Blue 3/4, KMom 5/5
Monday Jaz: 8/6, Blue 4/4, KMom 6/5
Tuesday Jaz 7/6, Blue 5/4, KMom 5/5
Wednesday Jaz 6/6, Blue 5/4, KMom 6/5
Thursday Jaz 6/6, Blue 4/4, KMom 4/5
Friday Jaz 3/6, Blue 4/4, KMom 5/5

We'll go one more day and then start week two. I want to go from Sunday to Sunday. Blue, it will just be me and you today. Hoping you make your goal of four...or more!

If You Can
Jaz: 24.5:.5 Hmmmm....seems like that adds up to 25! Smile
Mom: 16:8 5:00 - 9:00
This concludes the "If You Can" challenge as Jaz is gone. Lori does a 16:8 or longer every day so she does not need this challenge. Jaz has adopted it as part of her woe also. If anyone else wants to do a one week challenge about this in the future, let me know.

K-Mom 10x3
Closed Thread