Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 07:05

Plan: CALP
Stats: 211/195.2/155 Female 5'6"
BF:goals180/165/155
Progress: 28%
Default Switched to CALP

Well, I decided to give CALP a try. Atkins was too stressful, as I couldn't really eat with my family. I use my RM at dinner with them and so far I am losing weight.

I don't miss the ketosis symptoms - metallic taste, bad breath, sour odor! So far, so good.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 14:58
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi-
welcome to CALP! For me it is a great plan. I get the results and still have dinner as a family. I just make sure there is always a salad and a veggie in addition to the protein and carbs- works great. Instead of our old pasta dinners (pasta and bread and a salad) I have salad, chicken cooked in the red sauce, pasta, spinach. Love it!
Please post and let us know how it is going.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 13:33

Finally a plan I can live with! I feel less deprived and am still losing weight. 15 lbs gone as of today (5.5 since CALP) and I can eat with my family. I just hope I can continue to lose.

Right now I am having some issues with new meds, and I think my lack of appetite during the day is related to that. Breakfast is usually 1/4 c. almonds, Lunch is some meat and cheese or just cheese, and then dinner with my family following the CALP guidelines... It's nice to have dessert some nights!

I want to confirm that I am doing something correctly: I know my dinner, besides salad, should be in thirds: protein, veg, carb. If I eat 1/2 serving of a carb - say a half a hamburg roll, can I eat a 1/2 serving of a dessert for the other carb portion? I have been doing this - making sure my carb portions do not exceed the protein and veg. Make sense?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 16:55
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi j-

I think you area doing fine. I went to your journal and doing the salad/wings/pizza was great. I usually get a big chicken cesar salad when we have pizza- and have a slice for my carb.
I am so sorry you are hving such a struggle with your meds. The only thing I need to point out is that you are not eating enough veggies. In CALP you are supposed to have veggies with every meal. I admit- I can't do them in the morning and it hasn't hurt me to just have protein. But I really recommend you add veggies to your lunch CM and more in yor RM too.
Almonds are not a CM food on CALP. I know they are the only thing you like to eat in the am- just know that you may have other comments. I also eat almonds every day- doctor's orders.
Glad you are here- hope the side effects stop soon!
E
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 06:46

Thanks, Eno...

Do you have any suggestions for morning foods? I have to eat with my meds and I can't stomach eggs just now. I fell onto the almonds when someone suggested it when I was really nauseous (just starting the meds) and it is something I can tolerate in the morning. I am, of course, used to the toast or cereal route that just can't be part of my life anymore...
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 07:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddistef
Thanks, Eno...

Do you have any suggestions for morning foods? I have to eat with my meds and I can't stomach eggs just now. I fell onto the almonds when someone suggested it when I was really nauseous (just starting the meds) and it is something I can tolerate in the morning. I am, of course, used to the toast or cereal route that just can't be part of my life anymore...

I'm not Eno, but I just wanted to mention that anything on the CM list is acceptable for breakfast....you don't have to limit yourself to what is considered traditional breakfast foods.

I hope that CALP continues to go well for you! It's a great plan!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 09:12
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I know- I ate a bagel every morning since I could chew! The amazing thing is that I don't miss it at all.
How about a hamburger- or chicken strips- or turkey bacon. How about cheese? I have had just cheese for breakfast when we were on vacation. My DH has sliced turkey breast and cheese in the am- he heats it in the frying pan and eats it like an omlet.
There are lots of people who don't like eggs or are allergic to them on this forum- maybe look through some posts?
hth-
E
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 09:15

Hmm... I bet I could stomach a bit of cheese. Good thought, thanks!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 10:49
Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile

Good Info! .....