Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 10:16
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac???
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Aaaarrrrgh!!! This stuff is hard to understand!

I am fascinated with the Montignac philosophy, but after my first "session" on their website, I find a lot of things hard to understand, and the more I read the more difficult it is to understand! It's a basic low-carb philosophy, although I have a feeling it's more in line with my own intuitive thoughts.....but I can't quite "get" the patterns in the meals, except that obviously you don't put high-carb stuff together with fats, as someone here said (I copied and pasted that, by the way; thanks), even though some foods are allowed that are not on Atkins. But what you get are menus, and I can't entirely discern the patterns so that I can adapt them. Can anyone help? Is this making any sense? If so, I'd sure appreciate some suggestions.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 22:30

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi Cimorene - welcome to the forum and welcome to Montignac!

You have correctly identified the problem that all of us have with Montignac, it is very confusing, I'm afraid.

I wouldn't bother with the official montignac website, unfortunately it seems to be very unhelpful. I think Montginac is less of a business man that some other dietary plan gurus!

a few people on this particular remote part of the forum board have been members of the website, and have since cancelled.

I followed Montignac for about 4 months, and lost all my weight (about 30 lbs) and have been maintaining this loss for another 8 months using a mixture of Montignac and the New Glucose Revolution - which is very similar to the Montignac way, but imho, a lot more understandable.

Also, and other very useful site is the mendosa one that I always recommend. It explains the GI / GL principles very clearly.

Both this site and the NGR have the same very useful list of GL / GI of foods that will help you a lot .

http://www.mendosa.com/gidigest.htm

Hope this helps you!

Spang
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 23:36

Plan: maintenance
Stats: 145/125/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Cimorene,

Must be a bad translation of the book. I read it in Dutch, and since I was coming from Atkins all I had to learn was the carbohydrate/fiber stuff and get more familiar with the G.I. index.

Here's the pattern to the meals that I can discern.

Breakfast

5x weeks; no fat/carbhydrate & fiber
that means whole wheat bread with fruit only spread
or
cereal and skim milk
or
fat free yogurt and granola

the other two days you can have FAT (ie bacon and eggs)

lunch is a repeat of breakfast split between 3 FAT meals and 4 carbohydrate meals

you can also put drained fat free yogurt on your bread
The fat meal can be somthing like sald nicoise

DINNER 2 x week have beans or lentils (FAT free) and the rest of the time eat 'Atkins' style

does that help?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 00:34

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

I would agree with iluv2cook

I've have thought for a while that the English translation must be poor, which is why we find it more confusing.

I do not doubt for a second that it is more understandable in French / Dutch.

Actually, I have the UK version, and to my American friends it is even more confusing.