Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 09:16

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Somersizing works!!!

I am so psyched by this. I never expected to lose weight this way. I was all set for another failure. But guess what, I have lost weight! I have been doing Somersizing for 3 or 4 weeks now. What I like best about this diet is that I can stick with this; I never feel deprived. The food is so varied. And there's no chance of quitting because of boredom with the food like I had with Atkins. I feel great and I have even managed to quit my worst vice, Diet Coke. I still drink coffee though, I will switch to Decaf in around a month. I wanted to get all the Diet Coke out of my system first, that was a big addiction for me. I love Somersizing. I think this is the best of all low carb plans

Sandy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 11:59

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Hey Sandy!

What a pleasant surprise to see you over here in this forum. I've read a few of your posts in various journals. Welcome to the forum and I hope your weight loss continues!

MB
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:01
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%
Thumbs up Congratulations!!!!

I'm glad to hear someone shout those words!

If I would stay legal it would work for me as well!

I am going on vacation on July 3rd and need to lose at least 5-10 pounds by then!
I am going to be as legal as I can. I'm just glad to be able to lose some weight and keep it off. I know I can do it and you can too!

Yeah!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 22:08
Registered Member

Stats: 195/153/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 60%

Woo hoo, way to go, Sandy!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%
Default have not been for awhile but...

Have not been here for awhile but, I agree! It DOES WORK!
I was not sure when I switched over from lc to ss but yet it is working...slow but it is working. And I never feel deprived. Have been sticking to level one with the occassional "cheat" of some popcorn. But have been following fc guidelines to the letter and my tumy feels great and I am losing, My legs look nice and slimmed down and so does my waist. Just the belly bulge to go and I will be there!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 13:39

BF:
Default Good job Kacey!

Let me know what gets that belly gone... I've begun wondering if that part lies in the miracle department. I'm in your ballpark with about ten more pounds to lose and some toning up to do and then it's maintenance forever!

I am going down veeeeeery gradually now, almost stalled even, but am eating lots of wonderful food and enjoying myself. I just posted in another thread that I am actually kind of pleased with this stall because I am eating ice cream with fudge sauce (Suzanne's "almost level 1" recipes) every day along with tons of fruit and all the yummy sauces and things she allows and am definitely NOT gaining. I went up a little last month when I started working out, but I've stayed at 121 for just about a month now. That means I can definitely eat this way and maintain my weight, which is exactly what I hoped for when I chose this WOE!

I figure if I just dropped the ice cream down to once or twice a week and restricted my fruit intake a bit more I'd start losing again. For now though I'm enjoying the bounty of summer and staying 20 pounds lighter than I was in January. Not a bad combination at all!

Keep on losing!

MB
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 18:54
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%
Default i agree!

oh mb i so agree!
just like you I know that maybe if i cut it back a little more i could lose faster than this turtle pace but in a way I am enjoying it right here. For the first time I know that i can E A T and not worry about gaining! I am enjoying my food and making friends with it! Even though I still have some to lose just knowing this is a special kind of freedom!
as far as the belly area...I have resumed doing pilates 4x a week and really really upped the intensity of my cardio. I also do a wo called ttapp 2x a week and it definitely concentrates on strengthening. I started it last yr because it advertised weight loss no diet (now what was I thinking, ocean front property in Arizona like the song says?) But that aside it is a fab, intense wo that is cardio and toning and tough. So I am hoping that these will shrink the belly. Although the tush needs a little shrinkage, the belly is the biggie (literally)
I would be happy to stay with level one in terms of the food comining aspect. I don't miss fats with carbs at all. (thank heaven for fat free cream cheese!) I just want a baked potatoe now and then!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 04:20

BF:

You all have had INCREDIBLE results. I love not really wanting to cheat because I feel satisfied with the food. I am a limo driver so I am in the car all day and it is easy for me to get to the store to buy a goodie to munch on. When I used to do Atkins, I would always crave sweets, and end up eating Low Carb candy bars and entire containers of Macademia nuts. Of course I stopped losing weight. I love this!!! I can't believe I am eating so well and still losing weight!!!!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 01:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/168/150 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Sandylee's journal?

Where can I find this to read? I am thinking about switching from Atkins to Somersizing, but I don't know enough details yet.
Thanks,
Shelley
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 02:41

BF:

Hi Shelley,
I got the Suzanne Somers books at my local library. I found a couple of the books there then a couple at another library. Also there is a website http://www.suzannesomers.com/Community/.

It is a great idea to start a journal here, then you can log your progress and get feedback from other people. Best of luck to you.

Sandy
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 17:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/165/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, I have tried Atkins, but have not been able to lose wt because I find it too hard to stay on. Can someone tell me where to get more info re this diet. I don't want to buy another book. thanks
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 18:15

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

I live in a sort of rural area and even our library has the Suzanne Somers book, so try that instead of buying it. You can always copy a few key pages if you need to.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 21:20
Registered Member

Stats: 195/153/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 60%

Shangreela, you can find the books at any library or you might check out used bookstores for a used copy.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 14:30
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylee
What I like best about this diet is that I can stick with this; I never feel deprived. The food is so varied. And there's no chance of quitting because of boredom with the food like I had with Atkins. I feel great and I have even managed to quit my worst vice, Diet Coke.

That's why I like the Somerize diet too -- I don't feel deprived hardly at all! But I have found something I like to drink (I'm not a coffee drinker). I drink diet-Sprite with a little diet Sobe tropical drink added in. It makes the Sprite taste much better with just a little of the diet Sobe drink.

When I go out to eat, I'm forced to just get water, but I ask for a lemon and then add Swet 'n Low to it. People tell me I should just get used to drinking regular water, but I've been hooked on Coke's too long and like the sweet taste...

Dean
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 11:16

BF:
Default Me too Dean.

I have a terrible time drinking plain water. I always want some flavor. Thank you for the Sobe idea! Got to try that. My favorite Diet Hansen's flavor is the Tangerine Lime. Perhaps I'll try it with that.

As the months go by I swear this WOE just gets better and better. I made my first SS cheesecake last night and froze some extra batter as popsicles. YUM! Friday I made SS chicken fried steak with creamy mushroom sauce. Had SS cream cheese pancakes for breakfast that day too. I ask you, HOW can it get better than this?

MB