Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 11:07
Dog is my copilot

Plan: paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 210/162/145 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
I agree with Emma that it kind of reads like you're implying she leave

If you cut and paste from different posts I made, and omit the part where I suggested she create a new topic on this forum, yeah I can see how you could take it that way, if you wanted to.

Wyv
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 11:29
Dog is my copilot

Plan: paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 210/162/145 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 74%

JP, believe it or not, I have absolutely no argument with your WOE. I'm just completely mystified why you continue to present it in the War Zone when you don't want to debate it? When I asked "what is the point", what I meant was, well, "what is the point?". Not "JPaleo, you should leave".

Sheesh,

Wyv
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 12:58

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wyvrn, my responses on this thread have been in response to other people's questions or statements. I felt it would be rude to just ignore them since I started this thread.
On other threads, I have been sharing my experiences where I thought they were relevent (i.e. someone says IBS is cleared up with low carbing and I say that mine was worse with low carbing and better on med-high carb--that's not a debate, that's sharing my experience--disagreement does not equal debate).

And I have not presented my WOE as something to debate. What is there to debate? It works for me. Low carbing works for others. And I have said that repeatedly. No where in my posts will you find me telling people to stop low carbing or that my way is better than your way. I know people for whom low carbing has amazing results. But it doesn't for me.

As I said in my last post, the only thing I would say I have "debated" is the idea that low carb would work for everyone. Since it doesn't work for me, I have to say that I believe it doesn't.

-J
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 09:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/176/150 Female 5'6.5
BF:
Progress: 43%

How could quitting all refined flours and sugars NOT work for everyone?
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 10:21

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

You can be eating mid-high carb and not be eating any refined flour or sugar. I eat whole grains and starchy veg and quite a bit of fruit and I feel better doing so. I also eat lots of meat.

Anyway, this has just been my experience. I said before that I started this thread last year when I was feeling really frustrated. I am now very comfortable with my new, non-low carb way of eating and I honestly don't want to debate it. Again, what is there to debate? This is what works for me. Surely no one wants to argue about whether or not I can tell what makes me feel better.

So if other people want to keep "debating" this on this thread please do but I am going to stay out of it.

-J
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 19:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/180/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

what do u mean your done
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 15:24
Registered Member

Plan: NeanderThin
Stats: 199/???/149 Female 5'6"
BF:37/??/24
Progress: 9%

Best of luck to you.
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 21:01

Plan: I am a leaf on the wind
Stats: 290/275/195 Male 5.11
BF:a mess of it
Progress: 16%
Default Me Too

...I for one am sick of diets and WOEs and I'm not dieting ever again. Think I'll go with behavior modification this time. I'm on the Julia Child diet, eat the best quality food, but less of it....sure worked for her!

Now where did I put that croissant?

Seriously, I don't believe in eating truckloads of croissants and tubs of rice. These days I'm eating in the Weston Price mode...no faux foods, the least processed foods available, the best meats available with plenty of good old saturated fat, fresh fruits and vegetables taking up 50% of my plate and good old cod liver oil.

But I will have the occasional piece of dark chocolate and my daily glass of red wine.

Bon Appetit!

Last edited by steveed : Fri, Feb-18-05 at 21:30.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 18:03

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

Good Luck out !!! My little two cents on this. I Do not think that this is a diet it is not a quick fix. This is a life style that I have chosed Because I was not that smart when it came to eating. I thought I could just eat durring the day and still look good. < Wrong> I started to gain. So I worked on doing what you are going to do find some thing that will not make me over waight and I can still enjoy my food. But I cant quit Because I would just go back to what I was doing Before and well thant made me gain weight. It does Suck haveing to wach every thing and see every one eat all the junk and it sucks watching the same people gain weight over time. But it is a habbit that is hard to break.We grew up with this junk food and a lot of people made a lot of $$ with this food. It is hard to change. So just do not go back to what you were doing Before this because you will be right back to there faster that you can say Low Carb Baby.

Well good luck
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:10

Plan: Ketogenic/85-90%Carnivore
Stats: 298/206/168 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl

In my personal experience, I used to eat for any "emotional" reason: happy, sad, frustrated, angry. All was cause for celebration to eat. But when I stopped eating certain foods (flour and sugar), the addiction was lifted and my body felt satisfied and I was able to deal with those emotions and NOT eat. Food was firmly put in its rightful place: a source of energy (fuel) and, to some degree, pleasure.

I don't have an eating/emotional disorder. I have a physiological response to certain food types. Always have.
I totally agree with this. That is definatly my story.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 07:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/180/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default good luck to all

just like to say that i watch mycarbs and have started to take strength training on---it's fabulous really recommend it. I go to a fitness and health centre for women and it's not that expensive it's called truestar health. let me now if you want more info. goodluck to all and hope everyone succeeds in all they want.