Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 20:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Low Carb
Stats: 280/230/170 Male 5'-10"
BF:38%
Progress: 45%

Hello all,
Thank you for your encouraging words and comments. That is what this forum is really about, to help us keep a sense of step and reality. Angeline, I too am loosing a little slower, but am still loosing. I have heard that it will pick up after about 3-4 weeks on the second round. One bit of advice that I can give you all about slow weight loss on atkins, (and forgive me for speaking against anything with his name on it) but the Atkins bars really caused my weight loss to stall big time. I often used them to try and jump start my diet. While those non absorbable carbs did not cause me to gain weight, they did nevertheless drag my weightloss. This time I am buying Atkins shakes in the can. They truly are LOW carb without the non absorbables carbs included. I have noticed a tremendous difference in the results. Now I stay away from the waxy glycerine bars. One thing that might also help is to keep your foods simple and small portioned. I learn I am less hungry and feel better if I make my protien meals under 350 calories. I keep my salads small as well, which also seems to help. Just make a point to eat more than 3 times a day if you do this. While others may pinch thier noses, but I fancy keeping cans of Starkist Select tuna in olive oil handy as a meal or snack. they really help curb my appetite and give me that "ketosis" feeling.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 22:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/195/170 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 64%

hey Sammi,I was 241 pounds also and hit the big 200!,thats amazing :] we should all feel so damn proud that we have this strong willpower in us to lose this weight. :] :]
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 18:20

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

I haven't cheated since starting Atkins in July. This thread only reinforces my decision not to...scarey, scarey, scarey!!! Too bad a moderator can't put this somewhere as a warning to others.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:02

Stats: ???/???/???
BF:
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up

I, too, have restarted, yesterday in fact! Unfortunately, this past year has been full of doctor's visits due to an undiagnosed health issue. Only last month did I finally have a good diagnosis. Not curable, but at least I know what it is!! Until that point, I was sick. I was put on several different diets to try to regulate my unending pain, and they didn't work. I've been put on a multitude of meds, and they didn't work. Now that I have a seemingly workable solution, I'm ready to start up again. I had to psyche myself up for it, I admit. I enjoyed it last time. Once I got past the shakes and the weakness from the first few days I felt great! Had more energy than I have in a long time. I enjoyed the weightloss, too, it was the best part! Now I find myself exactly where I started. This time, I know what I'm getting into and have a better idea about how to do it. I intend to succeed this time, and I suspect that all of you who are restarting or have restarted will, as well. This time, its for keeps!!!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:37

Stats: 225/194/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 33%

Way to go, Goddessoh - hope I spelt that right. There's an old saying - "Fall down 7 times, get up 8." Good for you!

Sally
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 21:49

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

Thanks for the advice Fredonian, I'll keep it in mind. I had one of those Atkins bar the other day because I was really hungry and there was nothing to eat around except junk food. It wasn't very good. It felt like a stone in my stomach. I threw away a part of it. That's the last time I'm having any of that.

I make my own shakes. They aren't ultra low-carb but at least I know exactly what is in it.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 21:59

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/196/160
BF:

I too attest to the evil power or sugar.

I started LC right after New Years - I was cruising along and at May had lost 16kg (with a holiday in the middle). I dont know what happened, but suddenly I coulndt resist the lolly (candy) isle in the supermarket. I bought lollies, chocolate and those damned gourmet biscuits (cookies). I hated myself the whole time and kept saying to myself that I would start again tommorow. I would occasionally stand on the scales and say to myself, "thats OK, I cam come back from that". After a while I just avoided the scales!! Now I have put all that weight back on and am right back to where I started. All that good work undone . Anyway - I have seen the error of my ways and am back on track, ready to loose it AGAIN!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 00:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 232/230/175 Female 5-7
BF:unsure
Progress: 4%

Hey im peeping in here. I was reading earlier on the site how if you stop and start induction your weight loss will easility slow wayyyy down. Well I messed up induction, started on to OWL, no i realise i have to go back to induction. Is this a haulter too? Anybody know? thanks in advance.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 17:56

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Some people do have that happen - the slow down. I would suggest going on induction - it is good for detoxing you and helping you get rid of those nasty cravings.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 08:19

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

I think they meant if you use Induction during the week and binge on weekends. Can't imagine what else you would be referring to. Can you post the thread?
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 07:24

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%

Hi charles,

Welcome to this board. As you can see,you will be getting lots of help and encouragement here. Your story was familiar to so many who have fallen off the wagon so thank you for posting it. I was a bit off,too,but as of today I'm back on.I no longer wait for all my weight to come back on..it's just way too difficult to take back off. No food is worth that. You are right though..all it takes is one bite sometimes.

I am only here this week and then will be on hiatus for several months. I'm moving to the Shreveport area. I believe that is very close to your area. We are building a house there so I will not have internet unless I find a library/cyber cafe to use. I hope to see you have had much success when I return. Please start a journal when you can so you can help others..

Linda
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 21:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Low Carb
Stats: 280/230/170 Male 5'-10"
BF:38%

Hello Linda, Thank you along with all the others for your support and understanding. I am now reading up on how to start a journal. When I originally joined the low carbers forum, I was not all too frequent of a visitor. I plan this time to be more involved, as it really makes me think about what and how I am doing day by day. By the way, welcome to our neck of the woods. I hope your move goes smoothly.