Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 21:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/240/190 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Newbie but an oldie

Around 1977 when I was in my 20's a co-worker pointed me at Dr.Atkins. I read the book, adopted the lifestyle, and lost lots of weight. For exercise I jogged (10! min mile!), played soccer, and climbed every mountain over 4000 feet in New Hampshire.

No one ever thought I was skinny. In my 40's a medical test determined my 5'4" frame to have 148 lbs of bones and muscle.

Then things went bad. I took a medication whose common side effect was weight gain. And I did up to 266 lb. I also stopped exercise and Atkins.

This week I've started again. I'm cooking meals. I've walked everyday, usually 2 miles.

Hi. Glad to meet you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 22:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

Welcome to the forum, Peggy.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-12, 17:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/189/170 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Glad to have you back

Hi Peggy

I don't have as much weight to lose, but I'm also a LC returner. My 5'2" frame was once 220 and it was hard for my back and hips to manage my weight. I'm now about 185 and I'm still to heavy for my back. I've had back surgery a few years ago, so I have a lot of physical limitations. I also have health issues so I don't lose weight easily at all. LC is a lifestyle for me to keep my blood sugar in check. I hope you find comfort in the LC foods and can be successful again.

Lynn
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-12, 17:51

Plan: protein power
Stats: 215/209.6/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi, me too. Former low carber, I quit in the 80's due to the health scare tactics of the low fat propaganda and steadily went up, losing health along the way. I'm happy to be back as of this summer, happy it's healthy and I can quit worrying about the one diet that always worked for me, and I'm glad you are back too. Welcome home!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-12, 10:55

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome to the board, Peggy

It sounds as if you are all motivated and ready to recommence your Atkins way of life!!