Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 09:25
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Some books to share

These are some books I have that are compatible with South Beach.

Right now I'm all for ANYTHING that will help me stay on this path. I am at the end of my rope. I am in my 50's and I've been dieting since I was 13. If I had the money for every pound I lost (and regained), I'd be a millionaire by now!

I admit I love to collect cookbooks (even more than cooking out of them!), but George Stella's books are wonderful. I think I read about them on this site. He has four recipe books. The earlier, first one is fine, but uses a lot of heavy cream/butter. I just substitute evaporated low fat milk for heavy cream, and trans fat free margarine for the butter. I'm also not going to overdo the fats at all.

The second cookbook started gearing more toward low fat products.

The third and fourth cookbook are what I'd call truly South Beach friendly. In fact I'm wondering if George Stella is doing South Beach. If not, he was greatly influenced by it, that's for sure.

I am also reading a book called full By Dr. Snyder. He is the bariatric surgeon who developed those popular full bars. Dr. Snyder is against dieting, making only a passing reference to how so few people make diets into lifestyles. Yet interestingly, all the tips/hints he gives could come right out of South Beach! I love this book because it goes into the physiological as well as psychological reasons why we eat. It's not just psychobabble like some books of this type. It is really helping me, and the doctor is a very compassionate man. You can tell he really enjoys helping his patients. He wrote this book for those not morbidly obese, but who want tools to lose weight. I can't say enough how much I think of this book. This, partnered with South Beach will be the tools to my success.

If you have some books you enjoy that are compatible to South Beach, please share! I love books!
Sponsored Links