Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-16, 22:17

Plan: LC/HF
Stats: 404/346/250 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default High ferritin, high dosages of T3 not helping

Hi all, glad to have found this forum!

I found a doc who is willing to do all the different tests, yay! He prescribed me T3 in addition to T4. I was taking 75mcg of Synthroid and 75mcg of T3 per day and wasn't hyperthyroid at all. However, that dosage of T3 isn't advisable (and my free T3 was maxed out) so I cut back to half the T3. I felt better on more though. My TSH is about 0.5.

Strange blood test results include: very high ferritin but slightly low iron. My inflammation (CRP) is above the max of the range.

I have had a ton of different blood tests for various things. I don't have Addison's. My vitamin levels are good. Next we're going to try heavy metal toxicity tests. Adrenal fatigue is a possibility, but it's not a recognized medical condition with known treatment. I already eat low carb and mostly whole foods, not much processed stuff.

I tried going wheat and dairy free for three weeks and didn't feel any better.

Are there any tests we might have missed that I should have? With T3 added I do feel better than when I was just on T4 (and my free T3 was low when I was just on T4).

I think I'm going to ask to go on Erfa (Canadian Armour). Does that sound like a good thing to try?
Sponsored Links