Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1471   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 05:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Talking Thursday, 23 March 2017

Happy Friday EVE, WARRIORS!!!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific Thursday in every way possible!

Holy Hannah, I can't believe how quickly this month is zooming by! Gosh, one more week of school and it will be Spring Break and the beginning of April! WOW!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"If you’re TIRED of starting over ~ STOP giving UP!"
unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
yea as scary as the cost is he did have surgery etc so I am gonna have to pony up to the bill....still that final bill is gonna freak me out some LOL but like ya said you gotta save them.
You'll have to tell us what the "Bolt adventure" cost you in the end... b/c it aint gonna be cheap BUT it will be SOOOOO worth it!

Quote:
Bolt is a Papillion. Yes that is Bolt in my avatar
What a beautiful dog! I love their "butterfly" ears!
Quote:
He is a family member for sure so I hear ya on paying anything to fix them
Quote:
This is a pic of what Bolt looks like, this isn't him, but by gosh it could be his double--their coloring and all are almost exact... LOL
Papillons aren't very big are they? What does Bolt weigh?
Quote:
I got lucky tho, the bill won't be as bad as I thought. right now I am at 1900 and she said like 400 more to be billed if all stays good so, under 3K to me is a good thing LOL
Yikes, thank goodness you have the $$$ to pay the vet!

Some people don't realize how expensive pet ownership is and never think about "what if" and don't have the $$$ for those... sad... very sad!
Quote:
house is still sickly in a way. hubby is going down now and I feel like a relapse is around but taking stuff to fight it now. yikes all, like in a sicky daze around this house! I don't like it one bit
I hope you don't catch that "crud" again...
Quote:
Store has whole roaster chickens on sale for .99 lb. gonna get like 8 and freeze and just start cooking a whole lotta chicken now LOL
Wow that's a great deal! Wish our stores around here had deals like that... hmmmm they probably do, but I hate shopping so I don't know unless someone mentions it!
Quote:
nothing much happening, have to go to vet this morning and feed the dog. he won't eat but is doing perfect otherwise. I have to get him to eat and then leave, wait 3 hrs and then pick him up if he keeps it down.....oh my the things I do for this doggie
I hope you get Bolt back today!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
When the kiddos were little we had a yellow lab eat DD hair scrunchies. 100 package worth. We were so scared but they did the stomach surgery and he made it. Cost a fortune but we would have paid anything to save the doggie!
at eating 100 scrunchies... WOW!

Reminds me of one of the teachers several years back... she had 2 young black labs... they had a doggie door... the two of 'em ate the new leather sofa and dragged pieces of it outside but got trapped on the outside when one of the cushions wouldn't come out whilst she was at school. She had pics that she shared with us... Her backyard looked like it had snowed from all the stuffing from inside the sofa... It's hard to believe they destroyed a full size sofa...
Sponsored Links
  #1472   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 03:14

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Karen... how is bolt? Is he home yet! Don't know if you answered already but how much does little guy weigh.

DS &DSGF are heading to Phoenix early tomorrow morning! I have my grandpuppy till Sunday. Then him
And Magnum go by the vet I work for whilst I head to the dells and then up north to sister in law place!

Great time with German cousin. They are here till tomorrow so more fun and merriment tonight!

Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #1473   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 03:35

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie, ya had me laughing, you are grand-puppy sitting now cool

Jo, the total bill came in at $2,312. not a happy camper but this is what emergency savings money is for good thing I am a saver type LOL. I got it to spend it on needed things like the doggie in the family!!

he is small. he weights 11 lbs. but the vet said he should weight 9. he is fat in fact she said put him on a diet and hell no I didn't do it HA HA

dog is miserable. got him to eat and brought him home and he can't lie down. belly stitches hurt and he hasn't barely slept. insanity. poor thing. emergency vet said I can call regular vet today and maybe get some sedation so he can rest. He just sits and wobbles and when he almost sleeps he wakes up. I got him to lie down one time on the bed cause basically he passed out. this is just friggin' nuts.

house is a nightmare right now here
  #1474   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 04:27
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and sure wish our MIA warriors would pop in to let us know how they are doing!

"I don’t feel DEPRIVED when I turn down carb-laden foods.
I feel EMPOWERED that I make HEALTHY CHOICES every time!"

by me

Berni:
Quote:
DS &DSGF are heading to Phoenix early tomorrow morning! I have my grandpuppy till Sunday. Then him
And Magnum go by the vet I work for whilst I head to the dells and then up north to sister in law place!
Wishing your DS & DSGF safe travels to and from Phoenix!

I know you'll have a great time on your vaca! How long are you gonna be away? Will you be able to chat with us here???
Quote:
Great time with German cousin. They are here till tomorrow so more fun and merriment tonight!
That's cool that your cousin is here til tomorrow!
Quote:
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
Thanks, girlie and you too!

Karen:
Quote:
Jo, the total bill came in at $2,312. not a happy camper but this is what emergency savings money is for good thing I am a saver type LOL. I got it to spend it on needed things like the doggie in the family!!
WOW!! That was an expensive adventure! I know you're a saver, thank goodness...but still OMG that's NOT where ya really wanted to spend that $$$$$!
Quote:
he is small. he weights 11 lbs. but the vet said he should weight 9. he is fat in fact she said put him on a diet and hell no I didn't do it HA HA
at doggie diet... tell Bolt it's a WOE not a DIET!

Bolt isn't very big...my Chico weighs 8 lbs...
Quote:
dog is miserable. got him to eat and brought him home and he can't lie down. belly stitches hurt and he hasn't barely slept. insanity. poor thing. emergency vet said I can call regular vet today and maybe get some sedation so he can rest. He just sits and wobbles and when he almost sleeps he wakes up. I got him to lie down one time on the bed cause basically he passed out. this is just friggin' nuts.

house is a nightmare right now here
Awwwww poor Bolt! He'll bounce back to normal real soon!

That's what's really hard with animals and small children... you can't explain to 'em that everything is gonna be okay in time...
  #1475   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 05:55

BF:

Jo, yea your little doggie is like mine. Mine 'looks' bigger cause he got a ton of hair but when ya wet him, he is a small drowned rat size. LOL

HI ALL
nothing major today. taking life slow and easy

got pork chops and tuna on the food list

have to hit store and do a bacon restock. We actually ate the last pack in the freezer, which is rare I go thru it all and don't restock LOL too much on my mind and too busy to stay up on it all but I am wanting my bacon cheese omelet so will have to get some.

gonna chill out and see if it wants to rain or let the sun come thru today. have to mow again soon. everything is kicking in now.

great day all
  #1476   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 06:51

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning ...

Heading out of town today, going from nice weather to rain...but worth it. Can't wait to see daughter and family!!!! Not sure if I will be able to access the internet or not.

Have a great week everyone
  #1477   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 09:00
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Saturday, 25 March 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!!!

Hope all is well and wishing everyone a totally kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

WOW hard to believe this is the last w/e of March! Holy Hannah the days are going by quickly! Next w/e starts Spring Break for me! YEAH!

Monday marks 39 more school days left and we call the school year fini! Woot! Woot!

DISCIPLINE:
Is doing what NEEDS to be done
even if you don’t WANT to do it!
~unknown

Karen:
Quote:
Jo, yea your little doggie is like mine. Mine 'looks' bigger cause he got a ton of hair but when ya wet him, he is a small drowned rat size. LOL
at "rat dog" yeppers that pretty much describes Chico as well!
Quote:
nothing major today. taking life slow and easy

got pork chops and tuna on the food list

have to hit store and do a bacon restock. We actually ate the last pack in the freezer, which is rare I go thru it all and don't restock LOL too much on my mind and too busy to stay up on it all but I am wanting my bacon cheese omelet so will have to get some.
Sounds like you really do deserve a slow and easy no-stress day with everything you went thru with Bolt... Glad you'll get a chance to do that today!

WOW it looks like it will be just you and me posting in here for a while since Berni, De and Cathy are all out-of-town...

Hope the other MIA Warriors (Beth, Charms and Larry) pop back in soon to let us know how they are!
Quote:
gonna chill out and see if it wants to rain or let the sun come thru today. have to mow again soon. everything is kicking in now.
Mowing my postage stamp size back yard is on my w/e "to-do" list for today.

It actually takes me longer to take out the mower and clean up afterwards then it does to actually mow the tiny back yard...

Two years ago when I broke my leg, I hired a really great lawn care company to mow the lawn until I was completely healed.

I hired 'em 2 weeks ago to "Spring clean" my back yard b/c my oleander bushes were HUGE! And the hail storm we had in mid January made a mess with tearing down leaves and limbs... I don't have the equipment to trim 'em and since I no longer own a truck, it was way cheaper to hire 'em to do it, IMHO!

They trimmed the 4 oleander bushes by half. They are now about 6 feet tall. They mowed and completely cleaned my backyard for $95. It was worth EVERY single penny and my backyard looks amazing!

The boss offered to come cut my grass every two weeks for $60 a month and I told 'em nope.

Seriously, pay $60 dollars when it takes me less than 2 hours to do it from start to finish? And I only have to do it 4 times before the school year ends and summer will be here. I'll have PLENTY of time to do it then...

Yeah Imma pretty frugal with my hard-earned $$$$$!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Heading out of town today, going from nice weather to rain...but worth it. Can't wait to see daughter and family!!!! Not sure if I will be able to access the internet or not.

Have a great week everyone
That's AWESOME! Wishing you safe travels to and from! I know you’ll have a über good time with your DD and her family!

Hope you get internet.... if not, see ya when you get back! We'll miss ya!
  #1478   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 09:16

BF:

De, sounds like a fun trip but sorry you are heading into the rain but ya know, what is rain, just a fun day that is more wet LOL
have a great time!!!!! give us a trip report when ya come back.

Yes JO we have lost posters for sure. Wish they would check in, never get a good feeling when some are gone way too long!!

I hear ya on the major cleanup. worth every penny to have it 'restored' back to pristine cause then you can handle it easily.
yea no way I can pay for mowing...we mow about 3 acres. cost a fortune. we bush hog the pasture one time when it gets super nuts and my last 2 goats can't eat it all LOL....but I want to keep all intact cause thru winter I rarely lose all grass in pasture and it feeds them, means buying way less hay to sustain. buy hay, omg it is so expensive. we did our own and when I went to buy some I got massive sticker shock HA HA.....2 old goats and when gone no more hay buying!!

postage size yard. no joke, that is why rv'ing sounds so nice to me anymore. NO WORK. drive, park, enjoy the grounds as OTHERS keep them HAHA
  #1479   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 09:53

BF:

Hello warriors,

I still here. Just got back from driving DS &DSGF to the airport. Cost 80 bucks for a cab. So they fill my tank it all good.

De.... have a great time with DD.
I leave tomorrow for the great northern woods! I am sure I can post in the dells. By SIL it can be dicey!

Karen.... how is bolt doing? I here you on the downsizing. I went from the house with 3/4 of an acre to the townhouse with my postage size yard! Luv it, even better there is talk of all the owners putting in and we get a landscaping service to do the maintenance oh and maybe the shoveling and snow blowing! Oh happy day for me!
Jo... I hear you on our missing warriors! Hope they are doing well and on plan. When I don't see them post in a while I fear their carb addiction is in charge and coming here would be the first step to facing the addiction and kicking it to the curb. Carb monster certainly doesn't want that.
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
We are a small but mighty little group of warriors!
  #1480   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-17, 02:53

BF:

Hello warriors,

Heading out in a bit to start spring break vacation with DD and family. Boarding my doggies by the vet that I do accounting for. Then meeting up with family heading to Wisconsin Dells. We will be there till late Tuesday then off the DSIL in eagle river. We should be back by late Friday!

I will check in for sure at Dells we have wifi. Up north can be dicey!

Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1481   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-17, 06:57
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Sunday, 26 March 2017

Happy day, WARRIORS!!!

Wishing everyone a totally spectacular Sunday in every way possible!

When someone tells you “it can’t be done,”
it’s more a reflection of their limitations, not YOURS!
~unknown

Karen:
Quote:
Yes JO we have lost posters for sure. Wish they would check in, never get a good feeling when some are gone way too long!!
Yeppers those are my thoughts as well... hope they are too busy to post and haven't stopped following this incredible WOE!
Quote:
I hear ya on the major cleanup. worth every penny to have it 'restored' back to pristine cause then you can handle it easily.
Listen to this, the guy that did my yard 2 weeks ago stopped by yesterday right after I finished doing my "mowing" to check up on the yard.

Told him that since he did such a great job, I can handle it now.

I did have him remove a desert palm that was destroyed by the hail storm. He recommended that I plant an Ocotillo where the palm was. It's supposed to be one of the easiest cacti to grow! Right up my alley since I have 2 black !
Quote:
yea no way I can pay for mowing...we mow about 3 acres. cost a fortune. we bush hog the pasture one time when it gets super nuts and my last 2 goats can't eat it all LOL....but I want to keep all intact cause thru winter I rarely lose all grass in pasture and it feeds them, means buying way less hay to sustain. buy hay, omg it is so expensive. we did our own and when I went to buy some I got massive sticker shock HA HA.....2 old goats and when gone no more hay buying!!
No doubt that paying someone to mow 3 acres would be über costly!

I have lots of friends with horses, so I know how expensive hay can be...wowzer!!
Quote:
postage size yard. no joke, that is why rv'ing sounds so nice to me anymore. NO WORK. drive, park, enjoy the grounds as OTHERS keep them HAHA
That was one of the biggest attractions when I decided to buy this house... it had that tiny yard perfect for a tiny dog like my lil Chico!

Imma not much into gardening, etc and I don't mind mowing but I don't wanna spend an entire afternoon doing that kinda stuff, eh?

Just not my thing! But I like a nice looking yard... It's a conundrum for sure!

Berni:
Quote:
I still here. Just got back from driving DS &DSGF to the airport. Cost 80 bucks for a cab. So they fill my tank it all good.
Wow $80 for a one-way cab fare... Nice that you drive 'em to the airport! When are they getting back from Phoenix?
Quote:
Heading out in a bit to start spring break vacation with DD and family. Boarding my doggies by the vet that I do accounting for. Then meeting up with family heading to Wisconsin Dells. We will be there till late Tuesday then off the DSIL in eagle river. We should be back by late Friday!

I will check in for sure at Dells we have wifi. Up north can be dicey!
Imma glad you stopped in before you left!

I remember from your past vacas to northern Wisconsin that the internet was spotty! You'd think they'd have better internet, I mean come on now, it's 2017 for crying out loud!!

Wishing you safe travels on your vaca! Hope you'll be able to post in here whilst you're gone, if not we'll miss ya for sure!
Quote:
Jo... I hear you on our missing warriors!
Makes me sad when they just drop out...
Quote:
Hope they are doing well and on plan. When I don't see them post in a while I fear their carb addiction is in charge and coming here would be the first step to facing the addiction and kicking it to the curb. Carb monster certainly doesn't want that.
Sometimes the addiction and draw to eat carb-age is too strong... Old habits are HARD to break and toss in stress, drama, weight loss not as quick as one wants, etc and it's even HARDER to not wanna face plant into a carb-age laden dish of old comfort foods and say "screw it!!"
Quote:
We are a small but mighty little group of warriors!
AMEN!
  #1482   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-17, 08:41

BF:

HI ALL

yea I am hoping those missing are just busy and not carbing
one reason I stay is accountability and I am not the type that can go away from direct in my face accountability and survive. some can, I can't LOL

I remember Amy came and said she was having troubles and have to account back and hold strong and she stayed a bit, then gone again. See, she was so busy with her work etc. I fear that people do so well then let other crap in life take hold and walk them away from the path that works. I know, I been there!! Life gets insane sometimes but we must put US first in our health and menu plans. I hope everyone is really doing well but without them coming and saying how they are doing we are in the dark.

small group but those here are strong as can be!!!!!!!!!

Bernie, have a blast. Doggie is doing better now. time for recovery helps for sure. Definitely check in, love to hear what a great time you are having. the Dells is like a big tourist area isn't it? I kinda heard things about it but want to rv there for sure!

De, hope you are having fun, even if it is maybe rainy

JO, glad after they fixed up the yard you can now maintain easily. I also love a 'trimmed, perfect' yard. But ya know it can be expensive. used to buy flowers and plant in my front planters but now I buy $1 packet seeds, throw them in and they go crazy great. so cheap to do and pretty vs. paying for tons of bigger flowers. yea the frugal in me comes out

cactus? yikes. I had some pointy things in my yard and I had to get rid of it. if ya fell into it you would be in bad shape. now nothing here will hurt ya after I dug up and got rid of alot of things. I keep it so basic now. clean lines is my thing, even with plants

HI ALL
gonna rain and be icky. no sun, boo! got windy and all, storms are coming. which is kinda good, helps keep that pollen down out there.

Bolt is a bit better. still more sitting than wanting to lie down. I think it is the staples in his gut. when he goes down they pull or hurt or hit the ground etc and he can handle it now if I help push him over now to help him sleep....getting the sleep has helped him alot and he seems definitely on the mend.

have some work to handle, will get that started. hit grocery store early....omg on prices ya know. got some great deals like .99/lb whole chickens etc but the crap the kid wants is SO high. all her chips and other crap! Yea only money! might as well spend it I guess LOL but geez, I went to pick up gravy cause kiddo wants mashed taters and gravy tonight and the freaking' jar I get of Campbells Savory Beef gravy went up ANOTHER 10 cents. Was like reasonable, then up .20, then up .10, then up .20 and now I went to grab it and up ANOTHER 10 cents. Come on now ya know!!!! HA HA

I don't know...just me ticked off cause I have that large dog vet bill to pay LOL makes me not happy HAHA

food today is bacon cheeseburger whenever and have some cajun chicken tonight

all good, just a chill out kinda day.

have a fab day everyone!
  #1483   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-17, 05:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Monday, WARRIORS!!!

Hope all the Warriors are doing well and wishing all of you a totally kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Last Monday of March and I start Spring Break on Saturday! Woot! Woot!

"You’re always ONE decision away from a totally different LIFE!!"
~unknown

Karen:
Quote:
yea I am hoping those missing are just busy and not carbing
one reason I stay is accountability and I am not the type that can go away from direct in my face accountability and survive. some can, I can't LOL

I remember Amy came and said she was having troubles and have to account back and hold strong and she stayed a bit, then gone again. See, she was so busy with her work etc. I fear that people do so well then let other crap in life take hold and walk them away from the path that works. I know, I been there!! Life gets insane sometimes but we must put US first in our health and menu plans. I hope everyone is really doing well but without them coming and saying how they are doing we are in the dark.
I know what you're saying!

IMHO, it makes the issues worse if we're not staying OP 100% every day b/c of forces out of our control like drama, stress etc.

That means we'd also have to deal with the weight gain, the foggy carb brain and all the other issues related to eating those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods.

For me it would be the guilt of disrespecting myself for not having the emotional fortitude to CONTROL my eating!

Feeding our emotions with that toxic poison is never the answer... BUT we can feed our emotions with 100% OP foods!

Dr. A even says that on page 35 of Diet Revolution 1972:
Quote:
"Every time you're upset I want you to go straight to the refrigerator and eat some protein food. I don't want to take away the role that food plays as a salver of injured feelings or a lifter of depression. I merely want you to make sure that the food is not carbohydrates."

Avoid being “any kind of hungry”. People who eat when they’re upset don’t worry me because on a protein/fat diet there’s satiety carry-over of 24 or even 48 hours. So even stuffing yourself one day on protein/fat isn’t so terrible, because invariably there’s diminished intake the following day, I have discovered.

What’s bad news is being hungry – “any kind of hungry,” emotional or physical. Every time a person has to contend with hunger the possibility of long-range success in weight loss becomes very questionable indeed.
Quote:
small group but those here are strong as can be!!!!!!!!!
Looks like it's gonna be just you and me, kid, until the others get back from their vacas!
Quote:
JO, glad after they fixed up the yard you can now maintain easily. I also love a 'trimmed, perfect' yard. But ya know it can be expensive. used to buy flowers and plant in my front planters but now I buy $1 packet seeds, throw them in and they go crazy great. so cheap to do and pretty vs. paying for tons of bigger flowers. yea the frugal in me comes out
at $1 pack of flower seeds! I agree that flowers can be expensive...
Quote:
cactus? yikes. I had some pointy things in my yard and I had to get rid of it. if ya fell into it you would be in bad shape. now nothing here will hurt ya after I dug up and got rid of alot of things. I keep it so basic now. clean lines is my thing, even with plants
This is an Ocotillo plant:

https://thosewhosow.files.wordpress...b-ocotillo2.png

Since I don't drink, fat chance I'll stumble and fall into it at any point in time ... and it will be in the front yard in a no-traffic area!
Quote:
Bolt is a bit better. still more sitting than wanting to lie down. I think it is the staples in his gut. when he goes down they pull or hurt or hit the ground etc and he can handle it now if I help push him over now to help him sleep....getting the sleep has helped him alot and he seems definitely on the mend.
So glad to hear that lil Bolt is doing better and he'll get better every day! Poor lil' guy!
Quote:
have some work to handle, will get that started. hit grocery store early....omg on prices ya know. got some great deals like .99/lb whole chickens etc but the crap the kid wants is SO high. all her chips and other crap! Yea only money! might as well spend it I guess LOL but geez, I went to pick up gravy cause kiddo wants mashed taters and gravy tonight and the freaking' jar I get of Campbells Savory Beef gravy went up ANOTHER 10 cents. Was like reasonable, then up .20, then up .10, then up .20 and now I went to grab it and up ANOTHER 10 cents. Come on now ya know!!!! HA HA

I don't know...just me ticked off cause I have that large dog vet bill to pay LOL makes me not happy HAHA
Hey Karen, remember when they started packing food into 12/14 oz packages instead of 16 oz and sold 'em for the same price as the 16 oz? I think it was due to the price of food production or something.... well "THEY" never dropped the price or re-packaged the food into a lb packages again... Pffffffffffft!

Wow I Googled it and found an article about that dated 4 April 2011:

U.S. Companies Shrink Packages as Food Prices Rise

I Google!
Quote:
food today is bacon cheeseburger whenever and have some cajun chicken tonight
Please share your Cajun chicken recipe, you know we all do a lot of chicken here!
  #1484   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-17, 05:06

BF:

JO, that plant is cool. the red is just eye popping, but geez, those arms are full of mini spikes right? out of traffic area is good for a thing like that

oh yea smaller packaging and no price reduction and then they started going up and up in .10 and .20 stages til products are now like double their prices. But 'they say' we have cheap food prices in this country and that we are now just coming close to what others are paying??? who knows, but I know it hurts my wallet well, everything hurts my wallet LOL

oh the cajun chicken is simple. I bought that sugar free cajun seasoning on line and just sprinkle it on the chicken. gives me that flavor I love and it sure ain't fancy at all...just a flavor change.

hey I did a spatchcock? chicken. I think that is right LOL
I took one a whole one and flattened it and it cooked faster and was delish. I will be flattening my whole birds from here on out cause it cooked just better and kept the juices in great. I am so happy I thought of you looking at that whole chicken HA HA HA and said, I am going to spatchcock this sucker cause Jo does

Hope everyone is safe and having fun on their trips!!!!

HI ALL
stupid stuff to get done now.

have water leak in line to pool. gotta dig up the yard and fix. Arrrgggg

now got a squirrel living in the garage roof ceiling. kiddo said she saw it go in the soffitt. now I have to dispatch him now LOL

all the stupid house stuff is coming into play and gotta get handled. blah and bleck

have a fab day all and fun on your trips for those traveling!!!
  #1485   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-17, 05:37
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!!!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific Tuesday in every way possible!

Since Karen and I are the only ones here, I'll ramble a bit!

Nothing much happening here in south central NM. Weather took a complete nose dive. It's gonna be 67 and rainy today. Not complainin' one bit since we desperately need the rain.

Last week was in the high 80s/low 90s which is kinda scary since goodness knows what our summer temps will be if those kinds of unusually high temps were to continue!

Kiddos at school are a bit antsy since we only have another academic day tomorrow and they are seriously countin' the days down until Spring Break.

Yeah, we still have to go to school on Thursday and Friday but we have our 3rd Quarter Math/Reading Goals celebration on Thursday: Bowling in the am and then heading to the park in the pm for organized chaos!

Friday is our 3rd Quarter Honors' Assembly in the am and then it's the annual staff verses the kiddos softball game.

Don't know why we "waste" SO much precious TIME out of the classroom... we could've done the softball game Thursday afternoon, and still had some time with each of our classes after the Honors' Assembly... only one to blame is our principal... he just doesn't GET IT and he didn't ask my opinion!

Seriously, it's way easier to manage the kiddos in my own classroom when I have organized activities, etc for them to do, then to have to do "free for all" kinds of days...it's very exhausting to say the least... oh well... at least they are paying me to be there and I'll add mileage to my normal daily walking time! Always a good thing!

Okay I've rambled enough for today!

We met for one of two reasons:
You’re either a BLESSING or
a LESSON!
~unknown

Karen:
Quote:
JO, that plant is cool. the red is just eye popping, but geez, those arms are full of mini spikes right? out of traffic area is good for a thing like that
at mini spikes. But you're right, it's perfect for the no-traffic area. See where the mini desert palm is in the middle of the circle? That's where Imma gonna put "lil Spike":

The desert palm kinda died the first winter after I planted it (we had several hard freezes!), then it was coming back really great last year. But the hail storm in January completely destroyed it... So now it's time to plant something in the circle and "lil Spike" seems to be the ticket!
Quote:
oh yea smaller packaging and no price reduction and then they started going up and up in .10 and .20 stages til products are now like double their prices. But 'they say' we have cheap food prices in this country and that we are now just coming close to what others are paying??? who knows, but I know it hurts my wallet well, everything hurts my wallet LOL
I know our food prices are low... I've lived in other countries and ours really are.

You want serious sticker shock? Google what a gallon of milk or any other basic food item costs in Alaska and OMG you'll be surprised how inexpensive ours is in comparison!
Quote:
oh the cajun chicken is simple. I bought that sugar free cajun seasoning on line and just sprinkle it on the chicken. gives me that flavor I love and it sure ain't fancy at all...just a flavor change.
Yeah that sounds super easy to do, thanks for sharing that!
Quote:
hey I did a spatchcock? chicken. I think that is right LOL
I took one a whole one and flattened it and it cooked faster and was delish. I will be flattening my whole birds from here on out cause it cooked just better and kept the juices in great. I am so happy I thought of you looking at that whole chicken HA HA HA and said, I am going to spatchcock this sucker cause Jo does
That's great that you did your "spatchcock" chicken! Just like you, I love how quickly it cooks up and how juicy it stays! 6 mins a lb in a 450 degree oven and voilà she's DONE!

Since I learned about that cooking method, I haven't cooked a turkey any other way since!
Quote:
stupid stuff to get done now.

have water leak in line to pool. gotta dig up the yard and fix. Arrrgggg

now got a squirrel living in the garage roof ceiling. kiddo said she saw it go in the soffitt. now I have to dispatch him now LOL

all the stupid house stuff is coming into play and gotta get handled. blah and bleck
Oh man, if it ain't one thing it's another! Hey at least you can get all that "stupid" stuff resolved!
Closed Thread