Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 11:54

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Gwyneth Paltrow?

"Ohhhh, What a world, what a world . . . . . . . who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness . . . . . ." as Catherine Collins, the chairman of the British Association of Dieticians or BAD (how do you like that for an acronym . . . ?) is heard to say as she melts away in the background.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-17, 19:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/165/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Hmmm, okay. I get google pushing me articles "of interest" on my phone every day, and I often look at them as many actually are of interest. But this past week I have been pushed articles about the heinous dangers of gluten-free diets every day, popping up all over the place on numerous websites as everyone seems to want to jump on the bandwagon. Examples:
http://nypost.com/2017/05/03/gluten...dangerous-sham/

or: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...say-scientists/
Apparently the authors of the study themselves say: but of course this is not how it's being presented. They present it more like "Danger! Danger! Give up gluten and you will die!"

I've seen so many articles about this pushed to me this week I was surprised no one else had mentioned it. One more bit of "evidence" our friends and family can shove at us to yell us how we are killing ourselves!

its the wheat industry's last stand
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 08:55

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zei
Something I learned from the above mentioned book by Dr. Gundry is that all these foods either contain harmful lectins if plants or if animal/bird product raised conventionally were fed them (corn, soy etc.) so that the harmful lectins are incorporated into their bodies, eggs, milk etc.

I am trying to move us to more humanely raised meat, eggs, etc. Like we have incredible goat cheese locally; they graze on grass, like they are meant to do.

It is pricey, but then again, we eat less every time we eat real food instead of junk.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 14:25

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Many "humane" facilities lovingly feed their animals grains, so you need to check to see what they are actually fed.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 14:38

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Many "humane" facilities lovingly feed their animals grains, so you need to check to see what they are actually fed.

Most of the time it's necessary. I live where the winters are long, so the chickens get commercial feed. They get less in the summer because they're out chasing bugs & pecking at things, but it would be impossible for them to survive 100% free range. I've been fortunate that people have given me old people food for the chickens, it helps considerably. One friend gave me a large tote of fancy mixed organic grains her mother had bought for her chickens, who promptly went to the great chicken ranch in the sky. Whatever they died from, it wasn't the feed - my chicks love it. I cook up a pan of it in the morning & mix it with canned veggies - they are so pampered.