Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 16:00

Plan: TSP
Stats: 208/208/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Introduction =)

Hi Everyone. Yay! I found this forum via Amazon reviews. Didn't think there was going to be one for the SP.

I first started out doing Somersizing with my ex 5 years ago. We gained a little weight, but then again, I was going crazy with the whipping cream, butter, etc. ( i mean i would eat tons of whipped heavy cream to curb sugar cravings ) Then I did Atkins in '04 and lost 30 lbs and of course gained it all back when I started to incorporate carbs back in. (and dang it I looked good, but I wasn't healthy b/c some days I was eating vienna sausages for my protein intake )

I've had TSP book on my shelf for years, after Suzanne Somers recommended. Since I gained weight on Somersizing, I didn't bother with it. Then I tried The Fat Flush Plan. Talk about the hardest diet I've ever tried!
But now that I'm nearly 30 y/o and still 200 lbs. at 5'5", I'm ready to make some permanent changes in my diet regime. In 2006, I read SuperFoods RX. I started eating lots of spinach, lean protein, plain yogurt, wheat germ, blueberries, almonds, flaxseed oil.......all of the superfoods and noticed a BIG difference in my mood, energy level, nails and skin improved. (i had strong nails for the first time in my life) So, while I'm sticking to eating most of the Superfoods, I'm also incorporating TSP's carb counting guidelines. (am I the only one that eats out of measuring cups - lol)

I can cut sugar, enriched white flour out of my diet easy no problem as I've been doing it for years. But, what's hard for me is giving up the diet soft drinks (as I am in love with Coke Zero, SF Kool-Aid, and my coffee w/ coffeemate creamer - now switching to REAL cream)

While I refuse to give up my Red Wine, I realize this may be a set back, but after a frustrating day and I can't have a huge piece of chocolate cheesecake, I'll grab my bottle of red wine and soon, stress melts away. Plus in moderation it's good for you .....key word MODERATION!

I have incorporated Lower-Body Yoga into my workout routine. (along w/ cardio and weight training) Yoga not only helps me with mediation/stress relief, but it's really amazing how my lower back pain goes away. It truly does strengthen, tone, and flex your muscles. Also - I just bought Turbo Jam. I was skeptical for a while, but reading all the great reviews online, I just had to try it. Plus, my old Tae bo and Denise Austin tapes have had it!

My Daily Supplements: Magnesium 500mg, Chromium Pocolinate, Evening Primrose Oil (gla), Women's Multi-vitamin, CLA, Flax.

So, I hope to update fairly regularly here with my progress, and share recipes I've tried. Here's to losing it the healthy way......and KEEPING IT OFF!!!

-Angela
"Failure is giving up what we want MOST for what we want NOW."
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 12:29
The scale be darned

Plan: LC and Low-Fat
Stats: 213.8/153.8/155 Female 5'5"
BF:Shrunken
Progress: 102%
Default Hi Angela

Angela... I just saw your post, and realized we are on the same track... both started at over 200... and the TSP is the plan we have chosen to adopt for long haul....

How is it going? I haven't seen a post from you in a while. I just started myself.... and have a goal similar to yours.... maybe we can buddy through the forum and provide each other support.

Let me know if you are interested.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 19:29

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Welcome! Hey, you guys sound like you have it together. This forum doesn't get much action. The journals are where it's at.

I think the latest book by the doctor was the best in the series, personally. It's call THE PROGRAM I believe. It was more complete than the first book, less confusing than the second one, and just all way round a better book.

Hang in there! --Betty :Wave:
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 19:30

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

And wanted to add that there are a LOT of great threads from 5 years ago! See how far back you can read into the archive and you will find some great information on this SP forum.