Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 23:30
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 250/242/125 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default New Vancouverite

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as someone living in vancouver that's new to this board. Actually I'm fairly new to BC as well. I move hear just oveer 2 years ago from Ontario. The weeather and the fish is sooo much nicer out here.

I'd love to get to know some of the other Vancouver LCers on this forum, especially since I always need people to be testers for my creations, especially come January when I starrt Durbulle Culinary Arts.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-05, 08:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Welcome Nefarious! I'm not in Vancouver, but travel there regularly for work. I live in Victoria.

There's lots of forum members in and around Van.

I agree the weather is better here!!!

Good luck, Julie
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 09:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as someone living in vancouver that's new to this board. Actually I'm fairly new to BC as well. I move hear just oveer 2 years ago from Ontario. The weeather and the fish is sooo much nicer out here.

I'd love to get to know some of the other Vancouver LCers on this forum, especially since I always need people to be testers for my creations, especially come January when I starrt Durbulle Culinary Arts.

Waving from over here in Victoria, at the Camosun College Culinary Arts (Professional Cooks' Training) !
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 02:01

Stats: 179/160/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Hi there, welcome to Vancouver!

I live in North Vancouver, just over the bridge, close to sea-bus terminal. I am an "obligatory" low-carber, as I have severe hypoglycemia, and get very sick from Sugar, and high carbs.

I would be glad to be your guinea-pig for the cooking school! (as long as I'm able to eat it with the hyglycemia). I love converting recipes, myself. My current project is butter-tarts, that should be a challenge! Is it DeBrul you're goiing to? I know someone who went there and really liked it.

I also need a "contesting buddy", you can see more of that if you like under that title in this forum, or feel free to email me at <leemanndel~yahoo.com>

Again, welcome, and drop me an email, we'll meet for coffee or whatever you like.
Warm regards,
Datahamstr (Leigh)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 07:00

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

There are a lot of LCers here on the forum that are in and around Vancouver so you're in luck! A lot are foodies, too, so you'll fit right in. Did you know that Karen Barnaby (executive chef for the Fish House in Stanley Park) is a forum founder?? Yep! We have a dinner together about every 2 months and everybody is welcome. We've had dinner at the Fish House several times and Karen has made us an amazing menu each time -- all LC!! How cool is that?? You get to go out and talk about LC stuff and forum stuff and everybody knows what you're talking about and everything you're eating is LC and absolutely $%&%^*#$%# fantastic

Keep checking back here in the Canada section because when we're having a dinner it's all discussed, planned and finalized here

Looking forward to meeting you!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 07:03

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:

Oh, I also meant to mention that Karen has LC cooking classes occasionally so you might want to look into that if you're interested. Maybe you'll be tired of it after all day long and not want to do it in the evening but I've heard it's a lot of fun, interesting and very informational
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-05, 20:28

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

HI there,
I am also in the Vancouver area. I live on the Sunshine Coast which is a 45 minute ferry from Horseshoe Bay but I work right downtown off Robson and stay in town two nights per week. I just today realized Karen was Karen from the fishhouse and would love to attend one of these dinners !
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 23:11

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi ya Nef - I see that Nicole already pointed you in the right direction for the Lowcarb dinners...I would imagine that another will be upcoming sometime soon. Hope to see you there...
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 20:48
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 197/193/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default New Westminster LCer

Hey everyone,

Just found this forum, and I'm liking it so far. It's good to read that there are others out there in Vancouver who like to chat! I'm a teacher (on strike) and a mom of a 1 year old.

I'm just starting out on Atkins, and finding the cravings pretty intense! I went to Timmy Ho's to get coffee to try to help my headache and it was like staring at heaven seeing all those doughnuts and bagels and cookies! I hope that the cravings leave soon.

I'll keep checking in and seeing if I find anyone else out there who wants to share successes and complain about the challenges!

Cheers, Mich
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-05, 10:24

Plan: not sure
Stats: 245/245/120 Female 5ft2inches
BF:

I am in Surrey, BC. Hoping to find PCOS ladies and LCers living and or working close to this area.

I have over 125lbs to lose and just starting out on metoformin and provera. Wanting to get to a gym, but VERY busy Mom of 2 girls and a husband who works evening shifts. I hate walking /jogging, so wanting other ways to excersise.

SOOOOO glad I found this forum. Thanks to those who have gone before us newbies and paved the way.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 17:09

Plan: atkins with a few twists
Stats: 212/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 44%

hi everyone!

I am also a vancouver low-carber! The LC dinners in stanley park sound great--i had no idea!! anyways good luck to all of you and i will check back often!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 14:47

Stats: 351/351/150 Female 67 inches
BF:

I'm not new to Vancouver, but I'm new to this forum. I was so excited to read about the dinners and I'll definitely keep checking this forum for the latest updates. Thanks for the heads up, Nicole
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 17:40

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 214/150.4/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default Another Sunshine Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TilaBC
HI there,
I am also in the Vancouver area. I live on the Sunshine Coast which is a 45 minute ferry from Horseshoe Bay but I work right downtown off Robson and stay in town two nights per week. I just today realized Karen was Karen from the fishhouse and would love to attend one of these dinners !

Hey TilaBC
I'm also on the Sunshine Coast and would love to have a local LCer to compare recipes with. Are we the only 2 on the coast?
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 19:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Just FYI, Chermac, that post you replied to is dated 2005, so you may not get a response...

#15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 19:58

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 214/150.4/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

LOL, thanx IslandGirl, I didn't check the date first.