Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 10:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 243/238/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 9%

We had this last night and it was wonderful. I did add sour cream (1/2 cup) and used scallions for the onion. Excellent. Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 10:08
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I made this again, but with using pork chops instead of chicken. Was a great way to use up a large pack of pork chops before they went off.

Came out great. Just browned the chops first then did the rest of the recipie as is.
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 12:24

Plan: Low carb/PP
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I can't wait to make this tonight. I had a recipe like this a long time ago and couldn't find it. Thanks!
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 17:04

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

I made this last night, I cubed the chicken and did not use the sour cream - it was WONDERFUL!! Was so cheesy and gooey - YUMMM!
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 10:34

BF:

I made this last night and it was wonderful. I didn't have garlic powder so I added some minced garlic - yummy! I will add a cup or two more of broccoli next time I make this.
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 09:36
Registered Member

Plan: Biggest Loser
Stats: 196/182.5/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

So glad that I found this recipe. Made it over the weekend, enjoying leftovers all week. I steamed the broccoli before adding it to the casserole, which worked out well. Forgot to mix the cheese in with the sauce until after I poured it over the chicken, but everything managed to mix together in the oven. Yummm.
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 10:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 326/235/180 Female 6 ft.
BF:
Progress: 62%

Thanks, this sounds wonderful. I read through all of the posts, copied the recipe with all of the other suggestions/substitutions of everyone and now I have it printed all on one page--

I'm going to try this tomorrow or over the weekend--I have a roast in the crock pot now.....
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 10:49

BF:

I can't wait to try it with pork chops. The chicken was awesome but next time I'll do 4 or 5 chicken breasts.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-07, 18:08

Plan: Low Calorie Only Now
Stats: 467/320/290 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 83%

I was feeling adventurous, so I made some modifications to this already wonderful recipe.

I did it as follows:

I used boneless chicken tenderloins, which I dredged in parmesan cheese and fried in olive oil/butter until brown and crusty.

Then, I sweated the celery, onion, and mushrooms (in that order to make sure the celery cooks through). Then I added some white wine to the pan and added the broccoli. I let that parcook the broccoli a bit.

For the dairy, I used 1/2 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 tbsp Dijon mustard, and 1/4 cup of Marie's superchunk blue cheese dressing.

The first time I made this, I had some trouble getting the liquid to cover all of the veggies and chicken in the pan, so the second time, I poured the dairy mixture right in with the veggies as soon as they were done cooking. I tossed that around and then poured the whole thing over the chicken.

If you parcook the broccoli, you should be able to cook the dish uncovered, which gives it a little brown on the top. I personally enjoy that.

Thank you for the inspiration!
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 10:08
Busty McChacha

Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I made this last night with chicken wings. I didnt finish cooking until 11p. My cutoff time for eating is 7ish. This smelled so good I had to try one. It was fabulous! This is gonna be added to the repetoire. Thanks for the recipe.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 15:31

Stats: 210/190/170
BF:
Progress: 50%

Made this recipe with my own little twist.

I added Shiritaki noodles (Drained in cold water and then cut into bite size pieces,then boil) in the mix as well as a small can of diced green chilies. Substituted the mayo with 2oz of “less fat” Philly cream cheese. Instead of 8 chicken breast, I used a whole 5lb. rotisserie chicken, shredded down. Oh yeah and a cup of green beans.

Sautéed the Shiritaki noodles (after a 8-10 min boil) and mushrooms in a little butter, olive oil and garlic. I also added a little hot sauce for a kick and mixed all the ingredients together in the pan.

Transfered everything to a baking pan and topped with a little more cheese and baked for about 20+ mins.

This was sooooo good. I almost felt guilty eating because the Shiritaki noodles. This was the best recipe I have made with Shiritaki noodles yet. Give it a try.
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 06:27

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

yummy! yummy.
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-08, 12:20
I'm your Huckleberry

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 262/234/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Bump for a friend!
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 18:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 291/283.0/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I love this recipe - the dish is easy and filling! Always a hit at my house, even for people that aren't low carbing :-)
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 18:31

Plan: Non Specific - Just LC
Stats: 188/163/130 Female 5'4"
BF:46.65%/37.7%/23%
Progress: 43%

I made this again tonight. I think this is one of those comfort meals that just never gets old. As others mentioned it works well with pork chops too and whatever cheese you have on hand. I also like it with the sour cream.