Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-13, 13:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Am I delusional?

Why yes, yes I am - but I wouldn't expect most of you to know that! ;-) My weight hasn't changed in the last little while. When I measure INCHES they don't seem to have changed either (that is SO inexact it really bugs me - all in how you hold the tape, isn't it?) But my pants feel way looser. Is that even possible, that my clothes would fit different without any obvious loss in pounds or inches? Is there something to "shape", especially around the hips/rear area?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-13, 03:10

Plan: LowCarb (Atkins, CAD)
Stats: 240/206/131 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 31%

I know exactly what you mean about the inaccuracy of measuring,
it all seemed like lots of random numbers :P
except for hands and ankles which are obviously fixed for lifetime (for me that is)

I got so frustrated, that I stopped measuring altogether,

until I found this:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/attachme...achmentid=13480
(how do I add the attachment in here?)

Now my measuring results make a lot more sense.
Maybe you could try out something like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg umfangmessband.jpg (7.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Gwabyn : Wed, Dec-04-13 at 03:11. Reason: attachment hassle
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-13, 06:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thinchix
Why yes, yes I am - but I wouldn't expect most of you to know that! ;-) My weight hasn't changed in the last little while. When I measure INCHES they don't seem to have changed either (that is SO inexact it really bugs me - all in how you hold the tape, isn't it?) But my pants feel way looser. Is that even possible, that my clothes would fit different without any obvious loss in pounds or inches? Is there something to "shape", especially around the hips/rear area?

That's my take. I know my body prefers to lose in some spots and not in others. My forearms and calf muscles look great right now. Veins I haven't seen in 25 years are popping out and everything. My waste? Depends. Near my rib cage it's good. At my belt line the combination of loose skin and fat is obvious. These last 20 pounds are a PITA. Stalls and whooshes. The interesting thing is that when I do loose a bit of weight, I notice it in my clothes first, before I see it on the scale. It seems like the first thing my body does is move water weight around and only then do I start to loose a few more pounds of fat.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-13, 19:18
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Well, if you are like me and having to stuff the excess skin in pants.. yet measuring naked. Yeah I can see that happening.

The skin can be squished further down because of less fat. But at the same time when it is not squished it get unfolded out and thus measured.

I have that flab role like in the Movie Click with adam sandler....

Just my take on it...