Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 22:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/SBD mix
Stats: 297/280/150 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Ahhh I messed up!

I finally got myself into ketosis and messed up. I went with my best buddy to a Mexican food restaurant, ya know we have them everywhere here in San Antonio. I just had to indulge on the chips and salsa, then had 2 tortillas. Later tonight, a candy bar. Im so dissappointed in my lack of self control but it sure helped me to realize that I need to strictly stay on induction to get rid of these cravings since I'm such a sucker for junk food! Thanks, I just had to vent a little about it. Tomorrow back on track and to the gym!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 22:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/235/140 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress:
Default Hang in there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbinSA
I finally got myself into ketosis and messed up. I went with my best buddy to a Mexican food restaurant, ya know we have them everywhere here in San Antonio. I just had to indulge on the chips and salsa, then had 2 tortillas. Later tonight, a candy bar. Im so dissappointed in my lack of self control but it sure helped me to realize that I need to strictly stay on induction to get rid of these cravings since I'm such a sucker for junk food! Thanks, I just had to vent a little about it. Tomorrow back on track and to the gym!

Dont beat yourself up.....it happens, just get back on track tomorrow. Dont have a second "cheat" day or you will be a goner......I am like you, I have to stay strictly on induction or if I have one thing, I wants something else forbidden and then ultimately chocolate by the end of the day. And then the next day I find a reason to indulge........Hang in there. You got some support!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 23:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

UGH! That stinks. How long have you been LCing? I say just just the opposite, BEAT YOURSELF UP! It's one thing to have a "dang, I ate a piece of cheesecake that I thought was LC but found out later it was full sugar." Or an "I had to have 2 chips with salsa", but it continued on. BELIEVE me, I have been there. A good butt-whipping now and then helps me refrain .
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-11, 06:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/SBD mix
Stats: 297/280/150 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Thanks guys, I at least learned from it that I will have to stay strictly on plan because I can't seem to control myself yet!! Oh I've been LCing for about 2 weeks. Lost 10 pounds as of yesterday then there I go, messin it all up. Well I'll tell you all that I am absolutely not giving myself another "cheat day" ugggghhh!! I was really hoping to go to work
Mon in the 270's (279) since yesterday I was down to
280. Again, thanks for letting me vent about my fail!! 

Do you guys ever notice of exercising gets you into ketosis sooner?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-11, 09:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 194/189/175 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Live & learn....

I love Mexican....I have been eating tons of taco burger with all the fixings except the tortilla chips. Sometimes, i'll crunch up a couple and throw them in, but know i'm walking on thin ice doing that, because like you, the next craving would be that candy bar. Then again, maybe that slip will rev up you metabolism....