Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-11, 19:32

Plan: Atkin's '72
Stats: 255/239.6/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Time to Confess....

Well, I've been on the low carb / atkins '72 lifestyle since the second week of January.

I started off at 255 and now I'm just hovering around 247 - and that is basically my fault. While I've been "low carb" around my friends and family, I have slipped massively when it matters. My best example is either my commute to work or my commute home. I tend to find myself hungry and when debating low carb options on the road, have found it to be extremely difficult and have faultered for the biscuits, buns and all the stuff that I know are bad for me.

The reason why I'm doing this post is to admit it to myself and hopefully refocus my efforts on making this right. I know after telling everyone about this initially in my life, I thought it would be easy, but it is a day to day struggle I want to rectify now.

I have a trip to Mexico this May and want to be proud of my pictures there, not disappointed
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-11, 19:40
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

It's tough. No doubt about it. If you're spiraling out of control during your commute--it's time to get a better plan such as keeping ready to eat foods in your car to get you thru, or eating more at your lunch time.

If you look at the tag line under my user name...everyday IS day one. It's what we choose to do with it.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-11, 20:16

Plan: Atkins Pre-Maintenance
Stats: 215/134.8/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Maybe a bag of pork rinds in your car? Every day can be day 1. Hang in there
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-11, 02:16
Registered Member

Plan: ADKINS
Stats: 272/235/200 Female 5FT3
BF:
Progress: 51%

I too struggle with the ride home alone ..30 miles ...i take hard boiled eggs in the am and stop at bo jangles for there skinless boneless chicken bites for on the way home ...
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-11, 10:45

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

I think it's a great to keep food in the car

Babybel cheese (wrapped in those wax wrappers) keep very well
nuts
jerky

BTW, I am going to Mexico in July and hope to be back at goal by then!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-11, 15:37

Plan: Atkin's '72
Stats: 255/239.6/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

My commute is 48 miles so it does take its toll. When I drive it's tough passing everything and when I take the train the walk to work is full of temptations. I plan on sticking to bringing things with me
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-11, 20:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Commuting does seem to be a very vulnerable time for me as well. Coffee places always have the sweets, and fast food places are tough too.

If I go by McDonald's, the Angus Deluxe burger with no bun is really delicious. It's a little hard to eat but manageable. That and a hot coffee with half and half seems to always do the trick if I'm stuck in the car on the road and I didn't bring anything else with me.

Also, there are a lot of cheeses individually wrapped in 7 / 11's - along with eggs or sandwiches you can get and ditch the bread. My favorite is the Italian sub minus the bun.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-11, 21:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 173/171/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster10
My commute is 48 miles so it does take its toll. When I drive it's tough passing everything and when I take the train the walk to work is full of temptations. I plan on sticking to bringing things with me

Will be cheaper too. Always a benefit.