Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-11, 21:31

Plan: Protein Power/Primal
Stats: 290/257/180 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Slipped up

Just confessing that I ate a piece of chocolate cake tonight and a handful of mini oreos.

I wasn't planning on it. In fact, I'd been fighting it all day. I tried to do everything to ignore it...I sewed, did some homework, played with my son, even had my boyfriend give me a massage. There just came a point where I couldn't stand it anymore and I caved.

I don't know if its because I have been reducing my calories and carbs at the same time, about 1700 calories per day. I started out with 2000, but I wasn't losing until I dropped my calories. Problem is, anything under 2000 and I'm ravenous the entire time. I wish my body would just be happy with what I'm giving it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-11, 17:55

Plan: Low net carb
Stats: 274/265/160 Female 69
BF:TOO MUCH FOR NOW
Progress: 8%

hi, we all slip up. It is part of life. If you send me a list of what you are eating, I can possibly see where your cravings are coming from. I find if you are not eating enough fat that you get cravings. Also, hidden carbs could be adding to your cravings. I hope I can help. Forgive yourself....
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 07:06

Plan: Protein Power/Primal
Stats: 290/257/180 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemyheart
hi, we all slip up. It is part of life. If you send me a list of what you are eating, I can possibly see where your cravings are coming from. I find if you are not eating enough fat that you get cravings. Also, hidden carbs could be adding to your cravings. I hope I can help. Forgive yourself....

I think the craving came more from watching everyone else around me eating it, and smelling it. Oddly, it didn't knock me out of ketosis at all, and the last two mornings I'm still showing losses. weird..
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 16:26

Plan: Low net carb
Stats: 274/265/160 Female 69
BF:TOO MUCH FOR NOW
Progress: 8%

good for you !!!! Keep it up !
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 13:13

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

Don't beat yourself up. I have a confession also. There were some Kona Coffee Glazed macadamia nuts sitting around. A few of the nuts had been eaten but it was still almost full (Maybe 4.5 ounces left), and I inhaled the whole thing. They were soo good. But I knew what I was doing was bad. I looked at the calorie count and it was roughly 900 calories. But it didn't seem like that much because the nuts are so easy to eat!

I'm supposed to be eating under 2000 calories a day so you know where this is going. I'm still kicking myself for eating them. But they were just sitting there torturing me. I had to get them back by eating them.