Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-10, 13:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Can't handle All-Inclusive vacation resorts

We're going on vacation in January to a Club Med. I'm already worrying about it (although very much looking forward to it as well!!)

Last year, I was down to 167 and went away on a vacation to an All Inclusive resort, gained 5 pounds in one week and never lost it plus gained even more this year.

I cannot seem to resist the fact that I'm on vacation, paid a lot of money for a great trip. The food is laid out there so beautifully and so plentiful. And the DESSERTS are always very decadent. I don't think I will be able to resist. And I almost don't think it's fair that I have to.

But...... I want to feel good about myself in my bathing suit and not feel fat and unattractive. I feel very committed right now and am hoping maybe I will be down to 167 or lower by the trip again.

I almost made it through Induction, but blew it the last two days. But I'm back on track yesterday and today and feel very committed.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-19-10, 09:10

Plan: general low carb/my way
Stats: 195/180/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

hi want2b,

I totally feel your pain,, my hubby and I travel to Punta Cana 3x a year and stay at an AI resort each time. I had got down to 155 in late Sept when we went for two weeks,, first week it was just hubby and I and I did well...no desserts...no carby dishes..stuck to chicken and fish and steak with a few veg thrown in...an omlet from the fresh made station in the morning...did WELL..except of course all the rum and diet cokes and several glasses of champange..a few frangelicos on ice too!! (bad I know)

Anyway, second week we had two sets of friends joined us. disaster...I still managed to avoid deserts..but pizza from the beach restaurant,, japanese tepenaki (sp?) complete with all the rice...you know the drill. By the time I returned I was up by 7 pounds!! I had an issue getting back on plan and gained a few more..but now am back down to 157.2.... However...DISASTER looms for me too!! Feb 4th we will be spending one week back at the resort!! aaaaacckkk. Trying to get to 150 by then so I can (kinda) rock the bikini lol

I am going to gorge on the wonderful grilled fish and meats...with salad..and eat a HUGE breaky each morning. I am still going to have a few wobbly pops..

I hope you have a great holiday...And stay ON plan (i know..i know...easier said than done )

Lynn
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-10, 09:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks Liz! Have you been to the Club Med in Punta Cana? That's where we are going!! I sooooooo know what you are saying. I struggle with one AI vacation a year, can't imagine how tough it is not to gain weight with 3X a year!!

It's amazing to me how hard it is to lose 5 pounds for me, but one weekend of cheating (I just did this) put back on 3 pounds. I haven't changed my stats yet due to being too depressed. From Friday to Sunday I partook in carbs and junk food, and whoila, 3 pounds back on. Took me 3 weeks to lose 5 and 3 days to put back on 3. I am beyond mad at myself right now.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-10, 12:54

BF:

yes we have been to club med pc 3x! it is a great resort really really close to airport..if you have not been to punta cana airport before you will love it..it is just adorable..and small. Exit the airport towards your transfer vehicle..turn right there is a little outside bar that you can grab a beer or rum for the transfer if you want to start early lol..!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-10, 13:12

BF:

and don't beat yourself up ! most of that is water weight from eating the carbs..to gain 3 lbs in 3 days of real weight you would have to do some SERIOUS eating..drink your water and try to avoid the carby temptations!!

At Club Med PC you will not have a hard time staying on track as there are only two restaurants (and a snack bar) but they are all buffet style, so you can eat as much as you want without someone putting something on your plate that will tempt you. Lots of grill stations in the main buffet if I remember correctly (its been a few years) This feb will be our 31st trip to Punta Cana! 10 more years and we will be living there..my hubbys best friend already does he is married to a dominican woman who is amazing. We are picking them up in toronto airport on xmas day for their holiday to canada....WHY they would want to come to snowy SW ontario is BEYOND me..lol..He owns his own little tour company in PC and takes small vans out with smaller groups to lots of unique areas that the other large company tours do not offer...I would LOVE to have his job lol

anyway, if you havent been on TripAdvisor yet , you can log in and see all the latest reviews and pics on your resort!!

any questions fire away, I will try to help. Have you been to PC before?

Lynn