Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 13:29

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

So this is why the other LCOW suddenly died out. Hmmmm.....
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 16:25

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Jaz- Ooof! I did NOT see that coming. You are right to cut bait, as this is not what you are looking for in a relationship, but at the same time, my heart is sad for this guy. For whatever reason, he implies maybe his work?, he feels like he has to live a double life. Well, a life that is a lie like that kills the soul. It destroys from the inside out. I wish he didn't feel as though he cannot live his truth. Hopefully in another decade or two, that won't be something someone would want to or need to consider doing. I am sorry that is the way it turned out though.
BTW- did not know (or remember, as the case may be) about the fibroid. Does that cause heavy bleeding?
RE: the instant pot. I do still use it, depends on what's cooking etc. I've been heavier into chicken lately for some reason, but I've got some ribs that will go in there this week. I am routinely cooking up some veg in there, which is fast and delicious. I want to experiment with soups too. And this winter I want to try making my own yogurt in it.

Trig- your way with words makes me laugh out loud sometimes and this was one of them - a "you found a lopsided pork chop out in this world" I don't even know what that means but the imagery is hilarious!
Glad you guys finally have Fall coming your way. We are enjoying Fall a bit on the late side with temps hitting as warm as low 70s to mid 60s during the day still, but brisk at night.. sometimes near to freezing. We have had one frost overnight.

JAZ- I meant to address your DD. Do you know anything yet? My thoughts are with you, friend.

Blue- I'm so glad your 6/1 plan is working well for you. That makes me really happy. Good on you, girlfriend! Little tweaks and touches to get things the way you want them and you will keep on rocking and rolling down the road.

Carol- Yup but not my tale to tell.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

So the stress level was SUPER SUPER high over the past couple of days. Had a complete meltdown on Thursday night over something school related (not having to do with the kids but the school itself and a difference in beliefs that had me quite upset) and then had the stress of getting the XC banquet off the ground with things going wrong left and right in the hour before it was suppose to start! Luckily, all went well and IMO the banquet was a success and people left happy and satisfied. Mission accomplished.

Today is the day I start to take some deep breaths and force myself to ramp down for a while. I need to step back and disengage a bit after a very stressful first quarter of the school year. Going into a calmer week and am going to make sure to protect some of that time for myself.

Fighting a minor cold that is trying to start up- I was worried it was coming because my little CASA baby stuck her finger CLEAR UP MY NOSE on Wednesday and she started daycare recently and a kid there was super snotty. Sore throat yesterday and today sore throat and mild congestion- eating cleanly and drinking fluids, and resting. That's what I can do!

Hubs not pleased with himself and his weight, level of fitness etc. I agree with him, but the change has to come from him.. he knows what to do but isn't in the mental headspace to get there. I know it is bothering him though.

Reading a book for my book club due on Monday night- The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar. So far I really like it. The book club is called "Global Reads."

Mowed the lawn today, to avoid raking leaves. Mulched them up instead and got some exercise. Pool is officially closed (YAY!) so the endless project is finally complete!
  #138   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 17:45

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

GALS!

Blue- Thanks for the recipe!!!!!! I loved the pic! Tonight was your "off night right?" So happy you have found balance and peace.

Leeann- Ehhhw I hate with a belief system conflicts with what we are doing. Then ya feel stuck in between a rock and a hard place.
I'm sorry but I am ROFL- HYST- Over the little girl sticking her finger way up your nose- and she was a snot farm to boot. OMG FUNNY- I could just see your face ,HAHAHAHA.
We will cross finger you get nothing full blown!
Yes the fibroid is the reason for heavy periods!

Trig- Does you hubby come back tonight or tomorrow? Oh have you seen those farm shows?

Carol- are you on multiple sites? What brings you to a "GIN JOINT like this?" Frank S-

All- So I jumped into the car- right after I posted and busted but to get to the hospital in Greenville- I didn't tell her I was in route until I was in the parking lot.
She did not ask me to come- but when I walked in she hugged me tight and was a rod hot mess. Her sweet little eyes were swollen- and my SIL- was crying too....

they had not eaten since yesterday and I went down stairs and brought them back up their fav. Chick filet, complete with 2 large c. shakes.

She is still with baby- but is now high risk. She has a "clot" for a better word attached to her sack that the baby is in. In MOST cases those resolve on there own. But it does put her at higher risk. BUT- it's a girl- and she and mom are stable at present and was discharged back home. So we will take one day at a time an hope it resolves- and that would be that.
I am so glad I went. By the time we were discharged we were all cracking up- and laughing. And ready to leave- hours.

Yea- to address Mr. Big- he texted me today he was sad- but understood- not everyone can do what he was asking.

I agree- it's too bad we live in a world that is so judgmental- that love can't supersede prejudice. He can't do what he want's for political (he does stuff in Washington too) and in his work- VP- and needs an illusion of what is acceptable in his circles. And being with the one he wants is not ok. It's too bad I agree.
We need more John Lennon and less hate.

Never the less I needed to cut it of straight up .

Was mostly on plan- was at the hospital and in the car for the entire day- all best laid plans went out the window. I still stayed under 20 - but ended up with a Wendy's burger on half a bun and water- in the car and the way home. didn't have time to stop - as poor Bella had been left for HOURS- not the best- not the worst.

Today was good news- My 2nd grandbaby is still possible- my daughter is ok- and I was under 20 carbs. All in all- I call it a positive.
  #139   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 20:42

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Jazz, That was you with the pork chops
IDK how to remember what everybody says, how do you all do it?

Sorry about your daughter but glad she still has the baby and hopefully everything will be fine.

Mr. Big might be a good friend, traveling buddy or dinner companion? Poor guy, he doesn't sound mean especially since he brought you all of those flowers...

Hope everybody is having a relaxing weekend.
  #140   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 21:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Jaz---so happy for your daughter! Somehow missed your post that her baby was endangered. That is the BEST news.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just home from dinner party and winding down reading posts and catching up on e-mails. Glad i chose tonight as my treat night. Dinner was superb as I knew it would be. There was another couple there we didn't know, as well as our hosts of course, and it was a really fun group, great chemistry and always interesting to wine and dine w/new interesting people.

Too tired to write more tonight, but back in the saddle again tomorrow, w/more thoughts on woe plans.
  #141   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 21:42

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---just re-read my post and don't think I made clear that I do understand there is still risk, but was replying to "My granddaughter is still possible." Fingers crossed and prayers up.
  #142   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 01:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, wow, your stress level is thru the roof my friend.

You do have to ramp down....DO...not just say it Decompress and walk away a bit might help at this point.....maybe a nice little trip is needed? Somewhere nice with DH for a couple days?

Lopsided Porkchop just means he wasn't a fit for her. It is rough someone has to go thru life without owning up to how they want to live....but everyone has a choice. I just say he is lopsided for her cause she wants something obviously so different.

Jaz, your daughter has it rough for sure. I hope bed rest and good medical can make this all happen in an easy fashion. I am sending prayers her way for an easy situation....I so hope everything is ok....it has to be so hard on everyone.

Blue sounds like a very nice time. Glad you are adapting your plan so well to suit you.

HI ALL
well it is 2:30 am. I fell asleep earlier like from 10 to 2 and now I am wide awake. Kiddo and I were doing a 1000 piece puzzle earlier for a long time and we got a long way to go LOL
But we shut it down, I lied down to watch some tv and boom, dead to the world but now I am up LOL I will be dragging tomorrow, not sure when I will get back to sleep tonight, but at least tomorrow is Sunday so I can chill thru the whole day.

Jaz, hubby comes home tomorrow, no deer. One of the other hunters got a nice one tho.
  #143   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 06:01

BF:

HI ALL again

fell asleep around 3:30 and woke at 6:30 and wide awake again.

gonna be a VERY long and lazy day. good thing I have nothing planned!

Nothing new to report, not even gonna run to store for meats today....will do that tomorrow morning. Just going to hang and go slow and no car. I got tired of driving lately

got 1 small NY Strip to finish and 1 pork chop to finish up, then time to switch to something else. might thaw a rack of ribs?

everyone have a fine sunday and hope everyone turned their clocks!!
  #144   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 09:05

BF:

Ladies- Sunday!

Ya know there is something about working that now makes the weekend so special! Today is a low key day- catch up from yesterday.
Need to get my shopping list and hit the grocery. I waited TO LONG and had to toss porkchops.
Hate wasting food/ ie money.....

Loved getting that extra hour in of sleep- but in a flip, I will want to crash at 8pm! HAHAHAHAH

Trig- I think it's great you and the kiddo working a puzzle. It's always fun when you complete it. I had a friend that did a puzzle every year around Christmas. She would bring it out after dinner Thanksgiving and the goal was to complete it for Christmas.
Well 2 years in a row- I swiped I puzzle piece. It drove her nuts she had it al done and "lost" a piece. Then I gave her a gift for Christmas- her puzzle piece. I got away with that for 2 years! Then it became a joke I was never allowed near her puzzle! HAHAHA

Leeann- I hear ya on the stress. Then add the holiday season into all that- which is here is you can believe it. Even though the weather doesn't seem to be reflecting it. But I know you will smooth sail and find a way. That seems to be the way you roll.

Blue- so awesome that you are doing what feels right to you and it's working! that too will be helpful with the holidays. And so much fun to meet new people and wine and dine and have fun. I am considering a meet up group that does the same thing- maybe after the holidays.

Lori- Report- Details!!!!!

Meme- hope you are well.

All- I slept like a LOG- and was so happy to sleep in. The older I get the more I love sleep. It's really vital to well being. I don't function well tired.

I am loving the air has dropped about 10-15 degrees and it feel wonderful.

I am about to hit the grocery store- but need to make out my what to make all week list. Other than that- I am puttering about the apt and it feel really good. NO major agenda. I have chicken breasts I want to make baked "fried" strips- with a buffalo sauce. Another great way to use pork rinds!

No gains / no loss- after this week I call that a win. It has been a roller coaster week . Ready for some calm.
I am craving some Texas Chili- LC- no beans.

Ok ladies! I am off. Have a LOVELY Sunday!
  #145   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 12:45

Plan: ZC (started w/Atkins)
Stats: 164/132.8/124 Female 5x2"
BF:27%
Progress: 78%

Hey guys!

Just stopping by to see how everyone is & tell you all that I miss ya & hope you all are doing well!!!

Be good to yourselves & relax today!

God Bless!
Charms <group hug!>
  #146   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 15:39

BF:

Hey Charms, I know you are good cause I am chatting with you in Hardcore

JAZ, WAY TOO funny about stealing that puzzle piece! then giving it as a present

We almost got it done, little more but our eyeballs are going crosseyed now. Doing dolphins, water, coral, sea turtles a zillion tiny fish...omg annoying as heck but fun also !!

Hubby home, he saw 2 giant bucks, came in and darn near got on his knees to ask if he could go back on his next 4 days off......I said yes fast, I don't like when it 'looks too much' like he has to beg me LOL. No problem getting rid of him another 4, but soon I will want him around more, getting toward Christmas I like family together so I will give him alot of hunt time now and shut it down more later.

Getting more tired, should sleep wonderful tonight...YAWN!
  #147   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 16:54

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Oh honey, you do sound stressed. Y'know I was thinking when I read your post about how much I dislike it when I hear people refer to women who "don't work" or "stay at home moms." Geeeeeeeepers, women who opt out of a job to be home w/their kids sure do work their butts off and they sure don't "stay at home" doing it. The carpools, the school meetings, the activities, the grocery shopping, the errands, etc, etc, and another ETC.

And boy, I remember how those parental school committees could be. As political as anything you run into at work. I had to leave the school committee stuff to my hubby because some of those women drove me nuts. So officious and can anyone spell bossy, LOL. They all loved the hubs because he just joked them right in into the palm of his hand…he can be a devil that way.

Hoping you're having a chill sunday and are able to step back for awhile and refresh your energies.

Jaz---Yeah, weekends get very precious when you're back on the job. I love how much you love your place and find refuge and comfort there.

meme--- Guess what's for dinner at out house?

Trigger---So the pork chop is doing a U turn and back out the door huh? Good news/bad news, right? I too like it when I have a day or two to myself here but after that I miss my guy. And sure miss all the stuff he does around here, which I always have a chance to appreciate when he's gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So back on plan today, no problem. But what I am coming to terms with is that my problem on LC is in one way the same as it was on the SAD. PORTION CONTROL.

Started really trying to watch that late last week, cutting out small things, and sticking w/one helping. And y'know what happens? I'm HUNGRY, as in growling stomach. Which tells me I've stretched that baby, LOL. Need to get it to shrink a bit.

You know how it is when you've had a super big meal and you wake up the next day w/your tummy rumbling. That's how it's been. (Not talking about treat night here, talking about other recent days cutting back food.) So it's going to take a bit to get used to. Certainly not starving myself, or dieting in any form, just trying to get used to a bit less food, even if it's LC.
  #148   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 17:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello, all my little chicas! How are you chickies?

Do I sound rested and relaxed? the answer is YES!

Blue- You are right on to look at portion control as another approach with LC. Hopefully you can tippy toe into it and not feel too hungry but just ease on in.
Your dinner out with friends sounds like it was really, really good. I am glad!

The issue with the school was one of basic beliefs religion wise. We are a very liberal family in that area and every now and again I just get so enormously frustrated and saddened by policies or positions the school takes. I was to be on the parent reps at the Wednesday open house day and gracefully backed out upon my knowledge of something that conflicts too much with my own views.. I need time to simmer down. I realize that this is just the way it is with sending our kids to a religious school and while I can't necessarily fault them on it, I don't like it one bit. So, moving on from that.. and thankful we can teach our kids our perspective and open their eyes to a position of love, always love.

Trig- ROFL on the hubs wanting to turn right back around and head out again! Hopefully he will find success and you and the kiddo can enjoy some more laid back time together.

Jaz- Funny about the puzzle piece! The first time I would have laughed hard, the second time I would have laughed hard and then threatened you.
Glad you are having an even week- no gain is good! Any word on the DD?

Charms- Nice to see you and hope all is well and that the weight is dropping off like crazy.

Hi Meme!

••••••••••••••

Had a very nice and restful day today, much needed and much enjoyed.

Did pretty much nothing but relaxing all day today (still need to finish that book!) and watched the Ravens beat the Steelers, which is always a very good thing (and never a sure thing!) We were uncharacteristically ahead the ENTIRE game.. usually a R-S game ends within a three point lead or deficit. Nice to not have to sweat it out this time. Ravens are currently first in their conference, which is weird because they have not been doing well in the mid-part of the season.

Picked up two more books from the library and will start them after Global Reads book club tomorrow night. Then I have two more holds to pick up, but will wait a couple of days to space them out a bit more.

My niece just texted me and asked me to come to her school's Special Persons Day. I will be there for my niece and nephew. I love being part of a big family more than anything else. Growing up, it was my brother and I, and my parents, with a big side serving a tension. My Mom was an only child, and my Dad grew up with a sister but they weren't close, and my four cousins were MUCH older than I and lived far away. (we are fairly close now, as adults though, I am happy to say!) So anyway, it was Thanksgiving and Christmas and Easter with just the four of us, sometimes a Grandmother.

In contrast, holidays in my family now are people and cousins and bedlam and laughter and noise. It can get overwhelming at times, of course, but I absolutely love it nonetheless. Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, is at my SIL's house. The meal is 11 adults and 9 children, plus this year DDBF will be there as well. We usually get there fairly early and watch some football while eating appetizers, then at halftime we head out for a big game of flag football in the backyard- everyone but the Grandparents play, from the Littles on up. It gets competitive out there! Then everyone comes in and changes into something nice and we enjoy the meal about an hour or so later.
I absolutely love it and it is the highlight of my year.

I'm sure the size of the family has less to do with it than the "tone and tenor" of the house and its occupants, in retrospect. Interesting thing to consider.

Anyway, enough about that for now and winding up around here. Gonna do a bit more online and then head off to read my book and try to get it finished up by tomorrow night.
  #149   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 18:20

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Nic I am so envious that you get to go to SIL house for Thanksgiving. What I would give for that. Last year was the second time in 35 years that I didn't cook. We went out to a Brazilian steakhouse and pigged out on OP goodies. It was so nice!!!
For so many years it was DH and I, our 4 children, a couple of aunts and dates, 2 grandmothers, a couple of nieces, Grandchildren 3, a couple of other cousins and an extra friend from time to time Do you know how much food that is?
It was so fun but I do remember when it was all ready and we finally sat down I was so exhausted that I would almost collapse on the dining room table....literally! Since we don't have servants there was the getting up to retrieve and check on more rolls in the oven, replenishing the serving bowls, miscellaneous requests etc....
My oldest DD did cook one year but now she likes to travel(with her children), going skiing or some other trip.
Yes, I would love to be invited....

Last edited by Meme#1 : Sun, Nov-06-16 at 23:11.
  #150   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-16, 18:28

BF:

Leeann- you sound almost down right giddy! Awesome you got some rest!!!!!
I get the conflict of beliefs- sorta what happened with Mr. Big- very sad- that in todays world were can't just be honest about who we are just get along- despite our differences. After all in his case- love gets him in trouble- LOVE- That is messed up.

Glad you are feeling rested- and got your supply of books- you are ready for the evening!!!!!!

Trig- what is wrong with a man begging every now and again. Keeps em in line!!!!! - but good for you to get another few down days before the holidays!
What are you doing for the holiday?

Blue- GIRLLLLLLLLL you and I are in the same boot. PORTION control. I love to eat. Even LC can seem too much. I notice that when I eat to much even LC- I hit a stall.

Is you son flying in for Thanksgiving?

Lori- put the margarita down and give us REPORT!!! heheheheh

All-
I made the infamous MEME- "fried chicken strips"- DELISH- and have leftovers for salad topping tomorrow.
But again I ate to many- and then some- and then got tired.

got a movie for tonight that I will take a rain check on. The though of a cozy new book and Downey fresh sheets are calling my name! I Look forward to Sunday nights- because I do my sheets weekly on Sundays- I love the smell and feel of fresh sheets- I know weird. I could have them every day if I was rich and famous- HAHAHAHAHAH

DD- is holding her own- so far so good. She has a follow up appt. with her doctor on Tue. So hopefully more info then.

Apt. cleaned up and cozy- have new autumn candle going- and it's 730 and I can't wait for BED--------LOLOLOLOl- man o man.

Having some freezing issues with my laptop- grhhhhhhhh- not sure what to do. I am so paranoid to take it anywhere- It has EVERYTHING on it. I may google what to do, after all google knows all. Google is the great and mighty OZ

OK- have wonderful evening
Closed Thread